Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-31-19, 09:46 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

November 2019 Yoga Cross Trainers: It was November--the month of crimson sunsets....

“It was November--the month of crimson sunsets, parting birds, deep, sad hymns of the sea, passionate wind-songs in the pines.”
~L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

A warm welcome to all!

If you’d like more yoga in your life, you’re in the right place! Whether yoga is your first love or a welcome addition to your other workouts, please feel free to roll out your mat & join us. Many of us also enjoy meditation and Qi Gong.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 06:47 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Hi Pam! Thanks for starting the thread!

Yesterday I did a bit of CS and Suzanne Bowen's Flat Belly Barre.

Cold in MN!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 07:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Thank you for starting us up Pam, and with the beautiful quote. I can't believe October has passed ... it seems to have sped by.

Yesterday was simply some PT and a nice walk at the beach. There was a little reprieve from rain and I ran down there to enjoy the wind and high surf. I stood in mountain pose right at the water's edge and had the most magnificent meditation.

Jackie, stay warm!

Good morning everyone, I hope your month is off to a healthy start.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 08:52 AM  
laurajhawk

Welcome to November, everyone! Thanks for starting us, Pam.
This morning I did a matrix mix from RaviAna's Happy Hormones. It's almost 30 out, not snowing or windy, so I'll get to walk the dogs too!
Pat, that sounds so lovely.
Jackie, I hope your weather warms up. That "flat belly" work will warm you though.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 11:35 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quick check in, after a full day running errands, visiting with friends, & picking DH up at the airport. He was in Maine with DS2 for residency interviews.

Today’s workouts:
~Jessica’s Total Body Balance: Sole Sculpt
~7 km trail & beach walk - with two friends on a beautiful crisp autumn day followed by lunch after.

For anyone with an Instant Pot, I made this Mushroom Stroganoff tonight. I made a few changes/substitutions as I’m not big on caraway seeds and I don’t have cashew cream. It was really tasty!
https://pin.it/ekojsarrjjehb3
ETA It didn’t make a lot, DH & I finished it, so next time I would increase it by half or double it to have left overs.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 11-02-19, 08:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Happy Saturday! Not much to report yesterday. Reformer PT in the morning and then the rest of the day was a blur of sinus pain, so I did a Jason Stephenson pain relieving meditation and conked out for the evening.

I'm running out the door to a Reiki training, feeling a little mad at myself for not being as zen and cleansed as I should. We're supposed to meditate, eat a super clean diet and drink nothing but water for the week in advance. I have chocolate, Doritos, and Escapes Chai Latte floating around in my essence, yikes.

Pam I will check out that recipe, thanks!

Good morning everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 08:26 AM  
sherry7899

Good morning! I ended up taking three days off in a row (ugh) due to bad sleep and getting TOM for the second time in October-not fair! I can't wait for perimenopause to be over.

This morning I did:

-hour long Soul Sweat class which had some space hog moves I had to improvise

-Body Flow LMOD Morning Energizer 1. I got a workout laughing at some of the practice which was beyond me in places! I could not keep up, but did what I could. I should have previewed it first! I did manage floating half moon on my left leg, so that was something.

Pat-expecting people to cleanse the week of Halloween is difficult! I hope you enjoy it. Don't be hard on yourself.

Laura, I need to take out my Ravi/Ana dvds and start using them regularly again. I am so out of kundalini practice

Jackie-hi!

I will check back later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 07:40 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics PCW 10 - standing
~3 km walk
~MFML: Warm Up, Cool Down - short & sweet with hip openers, chest openers, & twists

Pat - I hope you enjoyed your Reiki training. I agree with Sherry, not fair to expect people to be cleansed right after Halloween.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 11-02-19, 10:52 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Ugh I'm behind again.

I taught my Saturday class...which is growing. That's fun. I do need to shuffle a new person to my Aging Backwards class.

I've spent a lot of the week dealing with car issues with ds1 and his gf.

Oh, I've been dabbling with Suzann Bowen's Flat Belly Barre. I like that dvd. I've done all the workouts on it now!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 11:13 AM  
laurajhawk

Hi all! Kim's class yesterday was great fun and very challenging. We worked up to a modified version of horse face pose - see https://www.doyouyoga.com/exploring-...d-of-it-41991/ , I'd never heard of it myself. We had the leg in figure 4 rather than half-lotus, with the foot of that leg on the ground - I found the peak pose less difficult than some of the prep work!

Jackie, car trouble is SO annoying - I hope it's resolved now.
Pam, I keep thinking I want an Instant Pot, but I don't actually cook, lol.
Sherry, I wore a top yesterday that was in the back of the closet because I couldn't wear warm pullovers during peri - I'd get hot flashes and keep taking them off. Hang in there, it does get better!
Pat, I hope the training went well. I *want* to like Reiki but my one experience with it wasn't great.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote