Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-08-19, 07:41 AM  
dbclark44

Thursday 11/7 - TM Session #1 - 32 min/1.5 miles; Slim & Limber; TM Session #2 - 45 min/2.05 miles; Total Step Count 11365 steps/4.66 miles

Temperature dropped down into the 20s last night making for a chilly morning. I bowl today so am headed down to get in 1-2 miles before leaving.

My new pedometer is motivating me to move more which is a good thing.

Have a great Friday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 08:43 AM  
dbclark44

Friday 11/8 - TM Session #1 - 32 min/1.5 miles; Slim & Limber; TM Session #2 - 30 min/1.3 miles; Deep Stretch with Mimi Solaire - Back; Total Step Count 11370 steps/4.66 miles

Took a slower easier walk last evening when I did my 2nd session around 7 PM. Watched Netflix Vampire Diaries while walking. I'm into season 3 of that and it is really good.

Yesterday Brenda and I did another Super Friday of bowling movie and eating. The feature presentation was Doctor Sleep which we both enjoyed. Wednesday DH and I went to see the new Terminator movie. That was good too. Lot of action from the very beginning if you're into that. Left the house at 9 and didn't get home until 5 yesterday. Went by to visit briefly with some friends before going home.

DH started on the yard yesterday which imo was too cold to be out there. We never got out the 30s. Today is supposed to be warmer so we'll bag the pine needles up today as he blew most of them into piles.

Been stretching a lot the past couple of days because of some lower back pain on my right side. I believe I know when I did it. Think I aggravated a muscle doing a move that doesn't agree with me. Stretching a lot usually helps so that's what I'm trying to do more of until it goes away. It's starting to feel better. I'll be doing a lot of bending down today in the yard so hope that doesn't set me back.

Well I'm headed down to get in a couple of miles and a stretch before we go out there in a couple of hours. My new pedometer makes it easy for me to get in 10K steps a day. Especially with it being only about 4.5 miles. When I think how I used to walk 5-7 miles a day doing step bets, 10K is a piece of cake for me. They say 10K is approx 5 miles. I'm finding it depends on one's stride and no one's stride is the same. I am walking twice a day now versus the once a day I had settled into. So it's all relative and not an exact science. Just a handy tool to motivate one to move and it definitely works for me.

Have a great Saturday ladies. This weekend is supposed to be the calm before the storm with our temps in the 50s-60s. The bottom drops out after that and we'll barely get out the 30s all week. So winter is definitely on the way.

Old 11-10-19, 06:09 AM  
dbclark44

Saturday 11/9 - TM 45 min/2.05 miles; Slim & Limber; Total Step Count 9462 steps/3.88 miles

Well we got the pine needles raked and bagged. 22 bags to lug out to the curb Tuesday for a Wednesday pick up. My back was over taxed but not too bad. I did take a Flexeril I had from a previous injury which helped. Made me too sleepy and it's a very low dose so I won't be taking those unless I'm ready to go to bed or I'm in a lot of pain.

Didn't feel like doing a 10-15 minute walk to roll over 10K yesterday, so left it where it ended. Close though.

Supposed to be warmer today than yesterday and yesterday was a great day for yard work. Have a great Sunday ladies.

Old 11-10-19, 10:39 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I've been through a bunch more tests, and we know it isn't sleep apnea, my thyroid, vit D, and my bloodwork came back good this time. The Drs theory is that I have a long term virus similar to mono. He says it should go away. If it doesn't, we wait for other symptoms to know what direction to go. I had a few energetic times yesterday, and was totally wiped out last night.

Deb, wow! that is lots of pine needles! I'm glad your back is feeling better.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-19, 12:11 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I never got to the second half of Cathe Live #6, so that’s on the agenda today. I’m also dusting off the treadmill (walking on it as I type this) since the temps will be in the teens this afternoon. We're supposed to get a little snow.

Jack and I watched “The Game Changers” on Amazon Prime a few weeks ago. It promotes veganism and Jack has gone vegan. Neither of us believe all the claims they made in the documentary, but he figures it is healthier overall than his former diet (which was plenty healthy!). I am not going vegan. I'm not even going vegetarian! I bought some vegan cookbooks, frozen and canned prepared foods, and will convert some of my vegetarian recipes to vegan. Some vegan recipes look tasty and it will be fun to experiment with recipes. I have separated the contents of our 2 refrigerator freezers into vegan/non-vegan. We have nothing going on the next 2 days so I’ll cook and freeze some vegan meals.

Today I will pick out our Xmas card photo and order the cards.

Live #6 has the slowest rep count and heaviest weights of any Live I’ve done so far. It is interesting to see how her Live production quality has improved from the beginning recordings.

Chrys, I'm glad the doctors have ruled out many serious issues. Hope your virus passes through your system very soon.

Steps last few days: 3315, 2908, 6690.
Old 11-12-19, 01:30 PM  
dbclark44

Sunday 11/10 - Park walk 20 min/.92 miles; Total Step Count 5023 steps/2.06 miles
Monday 11/11 - TM 45 min/2.05 miles; Cathe Gym Style Back Shoulders Biceps; Slim & Limber; Total Step Count 6734 steps/2.76 miles

Man it got cold here. We're at 18 with real feel of 10. At least it's sunny which will give the snow melt on the concrete a chance to work and clear them up. It rained sleeted and snowed here yesterday. Not much accumulation but enough to coat the ground and make for treacherous going. DH and I stayed home all day yesterday and I'm not going out today either. He went out to run some errands. I had a pedicure scheduled for this morning but changed it to tomorrow afternoon.

Slacked off my 10K the past three days. Going to try and get back on track today.

Chrys, I'm also glad it doesn't sound like anything more serious.

Leslie, that's interesting about Jack going vegan and you working with him in his endeavor. I don't see my DH ever going that route, not even to experiment. He loves himself some meat!!!

It sounds like that #6 is similar to her Slow & Heavy which I don't care for. I can barely tolerate the Gym Style because it a little slower than I like with a weird rep count. I do it though because it is good to change things up and not do the same thing all the time the same way.

I'm headed down now to get on the tm. I like to watch Netflix while I walk and am slowly making my way thru the Vampire Diary series.

Have a great Tuesday and stay warm and safe on the roads if driving anywhere.

Old 11-13-19, 11:12 AM  
dbclark44

Tuesday 11/12 - TM Session #1 - 55 min/2.5 miles; TM Session #2 - 24 min/1 mile; Slim & Limber; Total Steps 11822/4.85 miles
Today 11/13 - TM 68 min/3.01 miles; Cathe Gym Style Chest & Triceps; Slim & Limber

I may be able to roll over 10K just running around today as I have some errands to run and I'm currently at 8234 steps. It's not as cold as yesterday - 20s and 30s. And the sun is shining brightly. So I shall venture out after being homebound the past 2 days.

Have a great Wednesday ladies.

Old 11-13-19, 09:53 PM  
Sissy B

Just checking in to say Hi! I'll update my stats and catch up tomorrow.

DH & I just got back from visiting DD at Disney World a couple of hours ago. We left last Wednesday and she was able to get Thursday through yesterday off and stayed at the resort with us. She went back to work today and DH goes back to work tomorrow. He'll pick the dogs up on his way home. They're supposed to get baths and pedicures before they come home.

We had park hoppers so we visited all of the parks at least once. It was a nice trip, lots of walking and lots of good food - we went to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. We also went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Monday night to celebrate Christmas since DD won't be home for the holidays.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 09:18 AM  
dbclark44

Wednesday 11/13 - Total Step Count - 10782 steps/4,42 miles

I was able to reach 10K yesterday doing errands. Haven't done anything yet today. Have to leave soon for bible study so may come back home and get in a couple miles on the treadmill.

DH and I will be out this evening for a Social Security Presentation/dinner. We may not get home until 9ish this evening so today may not be a 10K day.

Sissy, you make Disney sound fun. DH and I will be spending a week there in Feb and I haven't yet decided what we'll be doing. I do know Universal Studios is at the top of the list.

Have a great Thursday ladies.

Old 11-14-19, 10:39 AM  
Sissy B

Saturday, 11/2 - 4107 steps/1.74 miles
Sunday, 11/3 - 4612 steps/1.95 miles
Monday, 11/4 - 7308 steps/3.09 miles
Tuesday, 11/5 - 10,144 steps/4.29 miles
Wednesday, 11/6 - 9171 steps/3.88 miles
Thursday, 11/7 - 23,745 steps/10.05 miles
Friday, 11/8 - 18,200 steps/7.7 miles
Saturday, 11/9 - 27,490 steps/11.63 miles
Sunday, 11/10 - 20,317 steps/8.6 miles
Monday, 11/11 - 18,005 steps/7.62 miles
Tuesday, 11/12 - 21,637 steps/9.16 miles
Wednesday, 11/13 - 3565 steps/1.51 miles

I didn't realize until last night that I had not checked in since 11/2. I drove home from the condo on Monday, 11/4 then DH and I went for massages that night. Tuesday we went to Academy and I got a couple of new workout tanks on clearance and finally got to try a rowing machine. Wednesday we took the dogs down to the vet to be boarded and came home and got packed and left for Disney World.

Deb - We had a great time! I have wanted to go to the Food & Wine Festival for years. We were supposed to go last year but Hurricane Michael hit the Florida Panhandle on the day we were supposed to drive down. I really enjoyed it. And we picked a good time to go. Other than Saturday, it really wasn't that crowded. We took it at a more leisurely pace this time too. Normally I average 10-12 miles a day when we're there. This time it was an average of 9 miles a day.

Universal is fun too. We have only gone one time, 9 years ago. They had just opened the Harry Potter section earlier that year. Now they have the Hogwarts Express connecting both parks and have expanded Harry Potter to Universal Studios as well as Islands of Adventure. I'd like to go back sometime just for that. I also loved seeing Marilyn Monroe and Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez walking around Universal Studios. And we saw Scooby and Shaggy when we were there too.

Leslie - My DH would never go vegetarian, much less vegan. If I make a meatless meal his first question is "where's the meat". When we go to the Mellow Mushroom we always order the Mighty Meaty pizza and add mushrooms. If I go by myself, I always order the Veggie Calzone with spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, ricotta and mozzarella cheese. I have asked him before if he wanted to split one and his response is "sure, can we add meat" so we end up ordering the pizza instead.

Chrys - I feel for you. DD had mono in 5th grade and it wiped her out for several months. I hope you feel better soon.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers