Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-11-19, 10:16 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Thanks for checking Vannie! I'll probably get one through ebay. They even have a brand new in wrap VHS listed (wow, talk about vintage) but I think I'll go with a dvd.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-19, 11:18 AM  
Vantreesta

I would go DVD too. I don't even let myself look at the VHS in thrift stores anymore. Hubby keeps pretty quiet about DVDs but gives me that look if he thinks I bought VHS! I'm keeping the ones I have unless I can cheaply replace them with DVDs, which I've been able to do with some.

I've been laying on a heating pad this morning. I threw out my left SI joint really bad putting Cyric's leash on him. Only managed a short walk. I'm not sure if I've done it this bad before. Sigh.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-19, 06:38 PM  
Miss Scarlett

Sorry I've been absent. I had infusions for 2 weeks and then off for weeks. I've been really busy with all of that. I've loved reading all your posts. It keeps me connected and.
You all are so kind.😊❤
Old 11-11-19, 07:12 PM  
Vantreesta

It's good to see you, Scarlett. I hope you're doing well despite everything and taking care of yourself.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-11-19, 08:01 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Scarlett, great to see you! Pop in whenever you can.

Vannie, I've been tempted a time or two to let go of the remainder of my VHS workouts...I only have 3 left. M first bought work out was VHS from Collage, Gilad's arms and shoulders and I still like it a lot.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 11-11-19, 08:12 PM  
Vantreesta

Katie, I'm never tempted to let go of workouts.

Old 11-11-19, 09:55 PM  
Leonana

Well, we had to say goodbye to Chica this evening. Her urine test was normal too. Her regular vet said that it might be an intestinal problem that would only show up on an ultrasound. We can't afford anymore testing or treatment, and probably wouldn't put her through it at her age anyway. She did eat a little yesterday, but nothing today. She would beg me for food, look at it, then look at me as if to say, don't you have something I can eat? Just broke my heart. She has lost so much weight and had little energy. My husband and I decided it was time. The mobile vet agreed with us, saying that usually they would eat a bit one day, then nothing the next, but decline pretty quickly. She also said she was pretty old for a chow mix. She went very peacefully, and I'm glad she isn't suffering anymore. It's almost like the real Chica left a month ago, she hasn't been her normal self lately. But we have three cats, so I'll still be busy with pets, which will occupy me thankfully.
Old 11-11-19, 10:28 PM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, I am so sorry about Chica. It isn't easy even when you expect it's coming. I feel so sad for you all. I know what you mean about the real her being gone before today. Chianna was never the same goofy girl after losing D'Argo but in the last few months she was even less herself. Sending you hugs.

Old 11-12-19, 09:30 AM  
Catahoula Cate

I'm so sorry Sherry. Very similar with what we dealt with both Ace and Doc last summer. Doc old age and Ace, kidney failure. Once they go off their food and the weight is dropping, not a whole lot else you can do. Chica had a great life with you. I'm glad you've got the cats to enjoy. Hugs to you.

Vannie, I hope your SI joint is doing better today.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 11-13-19, 09:15 AM  
Leonana

Thanks, everyone. I feel a bit better today. You don't realize how empty the house is until they are gone.

I have started riding my bike in the mornings for a change. It really helps my mood. The weather has been great, it's high 70's/low 50's now.