Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-08-19, 10:57 PM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, it's good that she's eating and drinking smthg at least. I'm sending prayers and hugs for her and all of you. Spend all the time you can with her. You won't ever regret that time.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 11:32 AM  
Leonana

Thanks, Vannie. I did get a small amount to take in, hopefully it's enough.
Old 11-09-19, 03:19 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Keep us posted Sherry! Hugs.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 05:05 PM  
Vantreesta

Thinking of you, Sherry.

5.16 mile nature walk with hubby today and then lunch at Red Lobster. Yum! Cyric was so excited when we got home.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-10-19, 10:42 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Very pretty snowfall today. Yesterday I did Cathe's Basic Step and progressed a little more. Also did Jill Miller's YTU Shoulder QuickFix, 10 minute segment.

Quite a while ago I let go of a VHS Stott Pilates Moira Merrithew that I wished I'd kept. Although most people thought of Moira as a bit dry as an instructor, she did a great job teaching proper form. Keeping good form is something I have trouble with and there are some exercises in that video that I'd like to revisit. I might look for the DVD version and that will be my reward as I haven't gotten a reward for quite some time for making my goals.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 11-10-19, 01:34 PM  
Vantreesta

Katie, I think there was a sale going on at the Stott website a while back. I don't know if it was a sort of clear out kind of thing that might still be going or not. Could be worth looking. What was the title? I can check my duplicates stash to see if I have it or any other Stotts.

Old 11-10-19, 07:43 PM  
Leonana

Took a longer walk by myself this morning, a mile and a half. I took Chica around the block. She wants to do her regular walk, poor thing.

Well, the blood test was normal. They wondered if it was a loss of appetite that older dogs develop. But she just wasn't eating anything. I'd give her a piece of chicken, she'd kind of chew it and drop it. However, I finally found something she will eat. Freshly cooked hamburger. It can't be cold, it has to be just cooked. She ate about two patties today and is drinking water again. She has more energy. It seems she can eat things that are small, like crumbly hamburger. She tries to swallow her treats or other food, but then just drops it. I wonder if she has a blockage in her throat?

I don't know if she can survive on just hamburger. I did try some rice in it, but she didn't eat the rice, only the hamburger. I will talk to the vet tomorrow when she gives us the urine test results. We can't afford to do any more testing or treat her. We had planned to say goodbye soon, but now we'll feed her the hamburger and wait and see. Boy, it's a struggle, but I'm relieved she's eating something.

Thanks for listening everyone. I appreciate the support.
Old 11-10-19, 08:04 PM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, have you felt along her throat? I don't mean to be a downer but when my first dog Jake had troubles swallowing he had two large lumps alongside his throat that ended up being cancer. But it's great that she will eat smthg and drink water again! I wonder if she would eat the canned wet dog food? Chianna wanted to do all her normal walks too. It's hard when they (or we, for that matter) still want to continue their routine but are unable. Hopefully she doesn't have any pain. Keep loving on her!

Old 11-10-19, 10:07 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, I checked out the Stott website and I'm pretty sure it's Firm and Fit. There are quite a few on ebay too. I remember trying one other on the abs that I didn't like so I think I'll just try to get the Firm and Fit one again. Thanks!

Sherry, I'm glad to hear that the blood work came back okay. I was concerned it could be her kidneys after we lost our dog, Ace, to that this summer. Have you tried feeding her plain canned pumpkin? It's pretty healthy for dogs and some of them really like it. Hope the urine comes back okay too. Glad she is at least eating some things again and drinking.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 11-10-19, 10:22 PM  
Vantreesta

Katie, I just checked, no Stotts in my trade/duplicates pile. Sorry! I was hoping I could help.