Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-30-16, 08:19 AM  
Negin

OT ~ Comfortable Shoes

that can be worn for hours and hours, but that also look good with a dress - I would appreciate any links or suggestions. We'll be traveling soon and I may want to wear a dress on some days.
Thank you so much!
Old 07-30-16, 08:43 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I don't know what your price range is. During the summer, I live in Klogs Carolina, especially at work. I have the black and red versions.

Good luck finding something!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 10:26 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I really like Aerosoles. They are very comfortable and comes in Wide sizes. They range from ballet flats to higher heels.

http://www.aerosoles.com/store/landing/womens-shoes

You can find them at Zappos and Amazon.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 12:38 PM  
lizh

I've found most dansko are extremely comfortable. Also had good luck with Bjorn and Clarks.
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 04:23 PM  
jb1586

There is a site called Barkingdogshoes.com, that has excellent advice for women with all kinds of foot ailments. Stylish and comfortable shoes of all different price points and brands. The shoes are reviewed and I have found the advice quite helpful for my problem feet!
jb1586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 05:09 PM  
firmaniac

Alegria has saved my feet, legs and back this last year of working 10 hour days on concrete. Bliss! They were designed for nursing but have gone beyond basic white. I collect them now. Also, for dressier or 'other' needs, I am equally addicted to the Merrell brand w/ Vibram soles. All these might cost a bit more (depending on what you consider expensive) but are 100% worth it IMO.

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 05:21 PM  
Negin

Thank you all so much. These are so helpful!
Old 07-30-16, 05:47 PM  
sherry7899

I wish I could wear Alegria. Even though I bought what was supposed to be wide width, they were too tight, and my feet are not particularly wide. However, the KLOGS brand are VERY comfortable. I've only worn their closed shoes, though. I am not comfortable wearing shoes without any backs. I have a tendency to roll my ankles out.

I like Clarks also. They sell them on Amazon, and I think they even have free returns, but please double check that.

I find KLOGS on Zappos and shoebuy.com

Sherry.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 11:10 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I recently bought 3 pairs of Klogs Footwear shoes on 6pm.com for $23.00 a pair and they all fit great!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 06:18 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Another fan of Dansko, I have more Danskos than any other shoe brand but they are expensive. I also really like Born shoes too. I have quite a bit of Born clogs and shooties, in various heel heights.

Clarks is a good brand, I have been hit or miss with them but have a pair of wedges I really like plus a couple pair of heels for special occasions.

I also like Vionic, though I think they were a little better when they were Orthaheel. They are still good and their shoes offer great arch support.

Cobb Hill is another brand that I recently discovered and like quite well, they are my go to brand for flats.

Naot has some cute sandals, but they are ridiculously expensive. I find they are quite comfortable but not sure if they are worth that much money. I have a few pairs but will probably not purchase that brand anymore.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comfortable shoes, shoes, traveling shoes