Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-11-15, 04:51 PM  
laurajhawk

Oh, she's beautiful!

I agree with Mollie about shutting animals out of rooms. We have curtains across the doors of our bedroom and my workout room, so that we can control light & sound but still let the critters through. I know there are people who've trained their animals to behave around closed doors, but I am not one of them!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 04:57 PM  
DrSteph

Midnight has beautiful eyes! Congrats -- I am sure you will be the best of friends in no time.

I have a one-bedroom apartment and work out in my living room, which has no doors, so I'd have to shut my cat in the bedroom or bathroom, which I do not want to do. She generally steers clear of the living room when I am working out anyway. Every once in a while she will join me on my yoga mat during corpse pose, though.
DrSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 06:43 PM  
Raineth
VF Supporter

Midnight is beautiful!!! Congratulations!
Raineth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 08:33 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Midnight is adapting very well so far! You would think she had lived her a couple of years. I am a little surprised, while visiting her yesterday I wasn't sure how well she liked me but I opted to put her on hold instead of take her home, maybe I knew deep down. I was concerned about the car ride home, as it is a 30 mile from from the Humane Society to our house. She was a champ the whole way home. I brought her in the house, opened up the cat carrier and she came right out and started exploring. I gave her a very special dinner, salmon and she was all over that.

I was initially bummed out that I didn't get Star but it all worked out for the best. Midnight has found her fur-ever home here.

Thanks for all the kind words and support! Midnight is a sheer joy!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 09:10 PM  
buttons11

Ahh Midnight is just Beautiful. Such a gorgeous black fluffy kitty and beautiful eyes! So glad you two found each other.

I also just want to also say THANK YOU for adopting a black cat. They many times end up being passed over. My grandma had TWO black Misty's when I was growing up. And my Odie was a Tuxedo...so I have a soft spot for the luxurious black ones. They all deserve a loving family.

Oh and I don't seem to have a problem with my girls in the same room while working out. They would howl with the door closed so there would be no peace. As it is, they just come in, say hello and plop down in their usual plopping/perching place to watch the shenanigans. [Odie and I used to dance together though...amps up the workout for sure ]

Congrats Taramisu and have fun with your new furry one!
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-15, 07:30 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Congratulations on your new family member. Her name suits her beautifully.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-15, 09:34 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Welcome Midnight! Yay for black cats! I hope you have lots of happiness together.

I, too, never realized you could close a cat out of a room I guess I never needed to. My avatar kitty, Archie, never liked big movement or loud noise. My "bigger" workouts are in the basement, so he never bothered me. I do yoga and qi gong type of workouts in the spare bedroom, and he would often come visit me in there. Shavasana frequently involved him lying on my chest, our faces inches away from each other

I said goodbye to Archie in March, and in July adopted two new adult kitties, two weeks apart, from different rescues. Now there are times when I'm doing cardio and I'll turn around to find a kitty staring up at me. One time, during a sidestep/hamstring curl move, I managed to kick one. They are both very stealthy and curious (Boy kitty has recently started to explore all the kitchen cabinets). I've learned to be more careful. I'm just afraid someday I'll be on the spin bike and one will try to bat the wheel.

My yoga form has suffered since they showed up. Boy cat can't sit still. He winds himself around my legs and arms and gets underneath me. Girl cat just likes to sit and stare, so she makes herself comfy on the mat and doesn't move. I've done practices half off the mat.
Old 12-12-15, 11:09 AM  
noodles

Awe Midnight is so beautiful! I also have a black kitty named Noodle who I adopted from the Humane society. She has learned to only come into my workout room when I'm done and stretching as she's been stepped on a couple times. She'll wind in and out of my legs expecting to have her cheeks and belly rubbed lol!
Jamie
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote