Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-29-15, 03:48 PM  
raeven

Barre 3 question

So I've been thinking about finally signing up for barre 3 online. I've been wanting to for a long time now, just never have. So I was thinking maybe with the challenge beginning next week I will. My question is, do they usually have a subscription deal for new years? I believe they have a 15 day free trial, which I haven't used yet...but was wondering if they usually have a special deal for the new year.

Also, do you think barre 3 is doable for somebody that has a lot of weight to lose...like 100-120 pounds? I'm thinking it's pretty joint friendly, right? My plan for the year, besides reigning the diet back in is barre 3, rebounding, and walking...and probably some classical stretch as well. I'll also be doing pushups and some other resistance training on the side, but not as my main focus. At least not for right now. Really, I'm just hoping to find a groove I can stick with for the long haul.
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 04:44 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Barre3 is very joint friendly, with lots of modifications and layers offered. They don't make you feel like a failure if you chose to modify. I love Barre3 and have never had the privilege of taking a studio class.

There are several, perhaps many, who have managed to lose a significant amount of weight when combining Barre3 and diet modifications. See for example:

http://blog.barre3.com/2015/10/15/now-ann-marie-parker/

http://blog.barre3.com/2015/08/10/be...e-care-of-you/

http://blog.barre3.com/2015/08/06/no...ation-stories/

They did have some new subscription deals before Christmas. I'm not aware of any now, but you can do 3 months of streaming for $49 or just monthly for $15.

Good luck~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 12:06 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

The code mentioned in this thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=213640
(about the third post down) apparently still works. $24.95 plus shipping for a ball, a video and 3 months of streaming.

Carol
Old 01-01-16, 02:44 PM  
Orlita

I think shipping might have even been free -- trying to remember.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 03:10 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlita View Post
I think shipping might have even been free -- trying to remember.
Well, it's been free for accessories lately.

Carol
Old 01-01-16, 11:57 PM  
raeven

Thank you so much for the tips ladies! I went ahead and signed up for the free 15 day trial. Then I went ahead and used that coupon code for the dvd, ball, and 3 month subscription deal! Hopefully that will all arrive before my 15 days are up! I already have the dvd and ball, but my ball was looking pretty shabby anyway, so yay! The dvd I'll just give away. What a deal! I'm so excited. I've thought about signing up on their site forever now, just never dedicated and did it. I'm so ready for the January challenge and making this my year, once and for all, to get healthy! Thanks again!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 08:38 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Hope you love it! I find Barre3 to be so accessible at so many levels, allowing me to use their videos (with modifications) literally within a week of having shoulder surgery, to present day, where I can really push myself with no impact - a good thing for someone with no cartilage in the ankle.

Carol
Old 01-02-16, 01:09 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I find that when moves are tough, I can easily modify. I wrote to them via Facebook about the incredible weakness I've discovered in my rear lower body and they were very encouraging and wrote back right away.

When I finish a Barre3 workout I am literally GLOWING. Energized and happy. I read in Sadie's blog that she calls this "the halo effect" because that great feeling carries over into other areas of your life. I'm sleeping better, using their recipes to make better food choices, and I feel stronger for doing other things like enjoying walking again with less back pain. And I haven't even been doing it for long! Like three weeks! That anything can help my wreck of a spine at this age is hands down a miracle for me.

PS here is a nice success story from the blog today.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 01:47 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I find that when moves are tough, I can easily modify. I wrote to them via Facebook about the incredible weakness I've discovered in my rear lower body and they were very encouraging and wrote back right away.

When I finish a Barre3 workout I am literally GLOWING. Energized and happy. I read in Sadie's blog that she calls this "the halo effect" because that great feeling carries over into other areas of your life. I'm sleeping better, using their recipes to make better food choices, and I feel stronger for doing other things like enjoying walking again with less back pain. And I haven't even been doing it for long! Like three weeks! That anything can help my wreck of a spine at this age is hands down a miracle for me.

PS here is a nice success story from the blog today.

So glad you are feeling the Barre3 love!

Carol
Old 01-02-16, 03:45 PM  
pricek

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
So glad you are feeling the Barre3 love!

Carol
DITTO!! It really is great!!
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 results