Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-13, 10:58 PM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

I need something like CLX

Exactly like it

I love CLX and always get results

but I've maxed out on how much Chalean I can take

sooo.... anything really rally similar out there?
Old 03-06-13, 11:58 PM  
princess76

Not that I've seen. I hoped XTrain by Cathe would be a lot like CLX, but the workouts are pretty long unless you do the shortest premixes.

I did enjoy Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, but it is more interval style training with medium weights/bands. It is fun and short, though.
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 07:36 AM  
momofcha

Me too & I agree with the comments on xtrain. Body Beast was also too long too.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 07:43 AM  
marmact

I don't think there's anything out there *exactly* like CLX, but what about KCM's 30 minutes series? These do actually run about 30 minutes (a few minutes more or less) and some of them are more focused on heavy lifting.
Old 03-07-13, 08:38 AM  
ellaenchanted

I know! I actually wish Chalene came out with another weight training series. I haven't done a rotation of Xtrain yet but I tried the workouts. I skipped the warm up and cool downs and was able to finish the workouts in 30-40 minutes.

There are Weider-XT (thought it is bodyweight training) and Supreme 90 that are a decent alternative though not exactly the same. S90 has workouts that are longer than 30 minutes but you can skip the warm-up. I workout in the evenings so warming-up isn't a big deal sinc eI am pretty active throughput the day - 1-2 minutes of some movement and I am all set to dig in to teh workout itself.

Other 30 minutes systems are mostly cardio/weight circuits or faster and lighter lifting. IMO, JMBR, KCM 30MTF, JNL Fusion are not at all like CLX.

If you like paper workouts, Venus Index 1 was a lot like CLX for me.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 09:22 AM  
beatchica

I really loved CLX and totally adore Chalene as a trainer. I wish she would come out with another workout like CLX.
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 09:34 AM  
metalbarbie

I've never tried her but someone on the board said Kelly Coffey Meyer's videos are very much like CLX. Check out some collagevideo clips.
Old 03-07-13, 09:40 AM  
orion

I love CLX and I will do it again in the future but I totally get your point about OD-ing on her.

I enjoyed Weider's X-Factor ST very much. It is body weight only and you do the same w/o 3 times and then progress to the next. The main similarity is the compound moves. I also think it is very complementary to CLX as I think it does a better job at hitting your core, your back and a wide variety of muscles and angles in your thighs and gluts.

I do not have any personal experience with Met-Rx but I suspect this might be a good candidate for you. I think I read they start with compound moves and in later months go to isolated moves. Maybe someone can chip in....
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 09:40 AM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
I can see the similarity in that both programs relied on compound exercises, but if you do the VI program as designed with all three blocks, it runs at least 45 minutes, usually closer to 60. I thought VI was much more challenging than CLX, personally.
Old 03-07-13, 09:52 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
Other 30 minutes systems are mostly cardio/weight circuits or faster and lighter lifting. IMO, JMBR, KCM 30MTF, JNL Fusion are not at all like CLX.

Interesting that you say that about Venus Index. I think they're similar, too. Venus Index is more shoulder intensive than CLX.

I think NoraKate did try VI or was going to, but doesn't want paper workouts.

I praised CLX many times here and I love this system. But I haven't really gotten back into strength DVDs since I did my first 90 day Venus Index rotation. I have been doing all of my strength work on my own. I do think that once you start doing strength work on your own, it's really hard to go back to DVDs. I absolutely LOVE pushing myself.

I started adding JNL into my schedule this past Friday, and what I really like about it is that it packs quite a punch in a 30 plus minutes. Even though it's not like CLX, it might work for you.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clx, met-rx, met-rx 180