Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-19, 04:59 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: Barre studio class. My favorite instructor (not the easy one from yesterday) always tries to kill me. We did pretzels today -- supposed to sit up straight and also pull on the resistance circle tubing. I wasn't lying down, but listing quite a bit to the side -- the way that the original Callanetics taught me.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 06:31 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with Fitness Blender's Total Body Strength from the Bored Easily Series.

I have a surprise trip tomorrow! I'm flying to Florida to see my niece present her thesis on the effects of dietary soy on estrogen receptor positive breast cancer. She's a pre-med major, obviously, and her mom, my sister, is a survivor. My sister and my mom are flying out too, and we'll be staying at a hotel together. This will be a fun break! We will all be flying home the next evening. This all came about last minute. Crazy--my sister was able to find a flight for $65 including taxes and fees, round trip, from Raleigh to Orlando. I have never flown so cheap! I will now find out what Spirit Airlines is like.

Cynthia, being more upright is hard during pretzels! Cassie from Blogilates suggests no hands supporting you in one workout. That takes a lot of core strength and flexibility. LOL on the Cone of Shame comment! And congrats on crushing it at Barre.

Diana, definitely take it easy. As a veteran of two frozen shoulders, I'm very careful with mine. I'm also now very aware of my body's reactions to activities. Injuries are no fun.

Lynn, your friend's husband sounds like a stereotypical movie villian. Because that is just villianous, narcissistic behavior.

Cheryl
Old 11-14-19, 10:10 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
what -- did you think we'd put you into a Cone of Shame? The shoulder does seem to be a delicate joint, so you're wise to take it easy for a while.

No cone of shame, LOL. I was just hoping that things would improve in a couple of weeks.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 10:22 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

I actually had a follow up Dr's appointment scheduled for today from my last appointment. I decided to discuss the shoulder injury with the Dr. while I was there. She had me do different movements, checked range of motion, etc. It seemed she was happy that I didn't have any weakness and I still had good range of motion. She said if she referred me to anyone that the first thing they would do is anti-inflammatories, ice, and then PT. So she decided for me to do the anti-inflammatories and ice for a week to 10 days. We can see how I am at that time. That's a good conservative plan that I can work with. I also went to get my massage done today. I haven't been consistent due to time constraints. There was a young guy in there today. He is taking the place of the owner, who was on vacation. The young guy is really good and he speaks English. I didn't tell him about any of my issues. The car wreck pain is on the left side as well as the shoulder issue. He was doing everything very slowly. I asked him if he could tell anything about my pain/issues from giving the massage. He said yes that I had a lot of muscle tension on my left side. I was shocked that he could tell that. He said the boss was coming back tomorrow and that he would be leaving. I told him that he needed to stay. LOL

We are going out of town for Christmas. We will be staying 4 days at the mountain house and then 3 days, including Christmas at the Dillard house in Dillard, GA. I am really excited. It feels like it's been forever since we went away. Last time was when we went to the Helendorf Inn for the Memorial weekend.

My Dr's apt took a while today. I was not able to workout at work. But, when I went to the mall for the massage I also did a 1 mile mall walk.

Seabliss That is so awesome that you are able to take that trip. And the good price!

Check-In: 1 Mile Mall walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-14-19, 11:03 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 prenatal (I should be in the cone of shame, it was pretty easy; I just was trying to do every barre3 video posted now and I've done nearly all but not the pre and post natal) and Lauren kettlebell revelation fat burning (more shame because this was too hard on my knees).

Diana, hoping you recover well from the shoulder injury. I think patience is needed with all these injuries. Happy to report that the new tv is actually working with all our devices.

Cynthia, you really sound like the queen of barre. And not prenatal barre! The really hard kind.

Cheryl, that sounds like a lovely trip. So nice to support your niece and sister.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-19, 09:24 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

I am curious about reflexology in reducing muscle tension in the neck/upper body area. I looked at a couple short videos on youtube. It seems like one of the reflexology areas for the neck is the base of the thumb. Anyone have experience with this? I don't think it can hurt to try it.

Last night: Basic Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-15-19, 03:28 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, I've had reflexology several times in the past. For me, it was a good foot massage but did not benefit any other body parts. YMMV.

Lynn, no cones of shame 'round here. I've been planning to do the Barre3 prenatal DVD on a non-studio day. I bought it last year for $3 during their closeout sale. I tried to list it on swapadvd, but the UPC code is the same as Barre3 Standing Slim; darn. I am doing well at barre, especially considering my knees. Last week, a young lady told me I was inspiring. I accepted the compliment without asking her if she meant I was still mobile at my age.

Diana and Cheryl 1, great trips! I have 2 overnights planned: the No Snow Ball first Sunday in December. It's in Oakland and I'll stay with my friend who lives in that area. And the New Year's Eve contradance in Palo Alto; will stay in the hotel where I've stayed before.

Hi to Cheryl 2 and Linda.

Check-in: Pure Barre class.
Old 11-15-19, 07:57 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: TF Fire 45 EZ

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-16-19, 10:27 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Last night: Basic Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-16-19, 03:04 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, I see you have quite a lot of reflexology opinions and info in answer to your GD post. I hope it helps you.

Check-in: Pure Barre Empower class. I did much better today with balance. I've never heard this advice in a live class or from any other DVD instructor: I remembered that, in a Body Bar DVD, Lashaun Dale advised "pinch your cheeks" to maintain balance. She didn't mean face cheeks, and you don't pinch with your fingers. It really helps!