Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-11-19, 05:14 PM  
sherry7899

Pat, that was so sweet of you to try the African dance for me! I wonder if you can do some moves half time? Was the instructor Keira LaShae?

The last two days have been a bust as far as exercise. Saturday into Sunday I could not fall asleep until 2:30 am an woke up at 5:30 am. I attempted to do cardio, but lasted six minutes. I had no energy. This morning my back was cranky. I did ten minutes of Scott Cole's yoga and gave up. Oh, well. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

I need to pull out Nirvair's AM/PM dvd. Thank you for the reminder.

I don't have a minimum temperature for yoga. I guess I did not think of it because we have central heating/air and ceiling fans so I can control the temperature most of the time. I love the times during the year when we don't have to use the heat or air, but that doesn't last long here.

Pam, that pot of lasagna soup seemed endless. I offered to freeze some of it, but my DH did not mind eating it for days.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 08:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Nothing to report, I used my day off to catch up on chores and make Instant Pot steel cut oats and egg white breakfast muffins.

Sherry, yes Keiara is the instructor. She's really good.

Have a great day everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 10:04 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Good morning! Nothing to report, I used my day off to catch up on chores and make Instant Pot steel cut oats and egg white breakfast muffins.

Sherry, yes Keiara is the instructor. She's really good.

Have a great day everyone!
Thanks, Pat! I think Keira has some free workouts on Popsugar on you tube. I guessed she would be the instructor.

I am trying to motivate myself to get some exercise today. I seem to have lost motivation/energy this week.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 10:17 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Yesterday’s workouts:
~9 km walk
~1 hour yin on my own

Today’s workouts:
~20 min rebounding
~Barlates Barre Bell HIIT: Upper Body - another short but effective workout from Linda. This one used both KBs & light hand weights & some unusual moves with the light weights.
~practiced standing trademarks from Essentrics PCW 10
~Gaia: Softening the Shoulders - an instructor I’m not familiar with, Jafar Alexander. It was very nice, especially after the upper body strength.

Pat - Congrats to your grandniece! As much as I’d like to, I can’t do complex dance choreo either, BellyFit is my limit, lol. It just ends up frustrating me....

Sherry - Sorry about your continuing insomnia & lack of energy. My DIL gets a lot of left over soup from me, I freeze it for her. It gives me lots of brownie points, lol.

Laura - I’d love to go to one of your classes!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 08:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Wednesday greetings - it's freezing here! Yesterday I left for work wearing a peasant blouse and no jacket because it was 68 degrees. Then temps dropped 40 degrees between 7:30 am and 2:00 pm. How does that happen???!!!! And we had a sleet storm! Thank goodness I keep a jacket in the office, I had to chisel myself into my car dressed for a spring stroll. Yuck.

Anyway, after that I had a nice evening matrix from RaviAna's AM/PM.

Pam - your title this month is so appropriate. We have been having the most eye popping crimson, fiery sunsets every evening. If only I could run to the beach for each one but I'm always driving home at that magic moment. You Gaia routine sounds nice, love a good shoulder practice.

Sherry, hope you got motivated to have a workout.

Good morning to everyone and stay warm.
Old 11-13-19, 09:06 AM  
laurajhawk

Last night I was on the schedule to teach vinyasa and beginners, but no one showed up for vinyasa. I did a little yoga on my own and then read a book on my phone. There were two for beginners' class - they were preregistered so at least I knew I'd have a class! - and the class went OK but not great. I didn't feel great about my teaching. Both the students are overweight - I've taught them before and no problem, they do also know the poses and modifications pretty well - but somehow yesterday I felt like I was giving them the "wrong" poses and not enough mods. I changed things around a lot on the fly to try to improve it... At the end they seemed happy enough and one said something like "good class" so it might have just been me being insecure. But I'm going to read more about "curvy yoga" modifications.
This morning I did a Gilad Total Body Sculpt episode and I'll finally get to walk the dogs. There's a new yoga teacher at work so I'm going to her class - I have a phone call right before so will try to change before the call - then depending on whether DH goes out tonight, I might go to advanced class too.
Pat, it sounds like you got the front that came in here on Sunday night. We're finally back to normal today - in the 30s already and not quite sunrise. Congrats to your grandniece, that's terrific!
Pam, I should really add rebounding in when we have that cold weather. My step counts have been awful this week.
Sherry, my go-to when I feel that way is Rainbeau's Pure Tranquility. I wish I could help you with that pot of soup.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 10:38 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Sorry I've been MIA. It's sort of been a challenging time here. It's super cold, yesterday single digits. Aubrey's burns are much better...but we all know how painful burns are and how long it takes to heal.

I was a little sick with a stomach bug, too.

Combine that with a week of robotics every night (actually, starts in the afternoon). Their tournament is this weekend...yay.

Ok...got my whining out of my system. The robotics kids have their playing field set up in my workout area. I may go to yoga tonight.

I'll come back later and do some personals.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 09:09 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~Yin yoga class by the fire
~5 km walk

Laura - Yoga can be a challenge for someone who is significantly overweight, especially seated forward bends and some standing/balance poses. Depending on how you carry that weight, it sure can have a big effect on your center of gravity. Good for you for doing research. I took a friend with me to yoga in Australia a couple times. She is quite heavy & one of the instructors was unfortunately quite rigid about mods. I could tell my friend was uncomfortable. The instructor in the other class was overweight herself and knew exactly what mods to suggest.

Pat - Thumbs down to cold temps and freezing sleet! But your sunsets sound amazing!

Jackie - (((Hugs))) & hope you feel better soon. So the robotics season has begun.....hope you don’t have to feed them all & hope you can get to yoga for some R&R time.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 09:18 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quick hello, trying to motivate myself to get a workout today. My plans fell by the wayside yesterday - just a lot of stuff.

Laura, sounds like just an off class - I bet your students were so focused on their poses that they didn't notice anything. It's good that there are guidelines for curvy yoga, and chair yoga, etc. so everyone can participate.

Yikes Jackie I always stop pitying myself over cold weather when you stop by! I hope Aubrey's burns heal very fast.

There goes Pam with her yin yoga by the fire! I've been going over to my sister's to give her and BIL Reiki, they have one of those wood stove fireplaces on a thermostat. The warmth and flickering flames add so much to relaxing atmosphere I try to create.

Wish me luck getting my feet to the fire and getting a workout today!
Old 11-14-19, 09:41 AM  
laurajhawk

So we were supposed to have the new yoga teacher at work but there was a miscommunication about the start date and she wasn't there. Four of us were there waiting for her, and Tuesday night I studied my vinyasa sequence and then had no students, so it was pretty easy for me to jump up and teach even without my notes (that was kind of a big step for me, lol). I love teaching at work - I've been practicing with those people for years.

This morning I really wanted Nirvair's gentle vibe so I did Heal Your Back Now. It's lovely but verrrry sloooow ... I did most of the poses & kriyas a little longer than prescribed, by starting while he was still talking.

Pat, I hope you're working out right now!
Pam, maybe I'll put a big YouTube fire on my TV next time I do yin. Not *quite* the same...
Hi Jackie! It's good to "see" you.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote