Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-06-19, 03:28 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Lying is a line you don’t cross. I’m sorry you know all this about him and are reluctant to let it go. Ring and all.

He has betrayed your trust, it seems on more than one occasion.
That right there is not a healthy relationship because, you will be questioning everything. The trust is gone.

Since, I don’t know you I would say, you are getting red lights not to marry this man.

He has shown you disrespect, and you are worthy of respect.

I’ve been divorced a time or two and I would not attend gatherings with the x and his new wife. Yes, I’d be invited, but , it’s awkward.

You make yourself happy and don’t go FOR HIM.

I’d find some other way to enjoy thanksgiving so that I would be happy and comfortable.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 04:04 PM  
SpiritYogi

Gams,

Have you ever sought counseling -- individual or couples? For your own health and happiness, I feel you should consider talking to a professional who can provide (unbiased) guidance and insight.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 04:20 PM  
Gams

I have been to counseling - he won’t go because he says there is nothing wrong with him. One place he worked sent him to a psychiatrist once, but it didn’t go well because he thought the problem was everyone else’s.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 04:29 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I have been to counseling - he won’t go because he says there is nothing wrong with him. One place he worked sent him to a psychiatrist once, but it didn’t go well because he thought the problem was everyone else’s.
Gams-I am so sorry for you going through this. I hate to say it, but usually people who say the problems are everyone else's are narcissists. Unfortunately, I have dealt with one in my immediate family my entire life.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 04:57 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Gams-I am so sorry for you going through this. I hate to say it, but usually people who say the problems are everyone else's are narcissists. Unfortunately, I have dealt with one in my immediate family my entire life.
Yep, same here. Narcissists & passive aggression go hand in hand in my experience!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 05:04 PM  
fanofladyvols

The question I have for you is

Do you want this relationship to continue..?

You have the power to make what you live
Be what you want.

((Hugs for the hurt ))

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 05:29 PM  
Karla25

You’re an intelligent woman that cares about other people. I’m sorry, but your boyfriend is a loser and he’s not going to change for the better. I think he still has very strong feelings for his ex. and if you both truly loved each other you’d have been married by now. He has absolutely no respect for your feelings. Can you honestly respect a man that lies to you? He has manipulated you and made a fool of you. I sound harsh, but you must face reality. Your life is too precious to waste it on someone so undeserving. Having you pick up a toilet for his former lover was degrading you. He knew it and that’s why he lied. You most definitely can’t trust him. I think he’s emotionally abusing you. You truly deserve so much better in life! You only have one :-) Change is difficult, but you need to find someone better. I’m sending you ((Hugs)) and praying for you!
Old 11-06-19, 05:51 PM  
Tugger31

Trying to find the good in someone, my first thought was that maybe he took it as a personal insult and rejection of his son and not him, hence the reason he hung up. Not condoning the behavior but that was my first thought.

After reading your second post, I thought (pardon my bluntness) "whoa that relationship is NOT normal or healthy". It's possible that being in that relationship for so long you have lost touch with what a normal, healthy relationship can be and should be. It isn't wrong to want to do something that makes you happy, but the Thanksgiving holiday is only one moment in time, one day of the year. You deserve to be happy every day of the year, not just a holiday.

Lying has no place in a relationship. End of story.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 06:11 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
We’ve been together for 6 years and engaged for two, but I would never marry him ... I’ve known for a long time I need to get out of this relationship, but for some reason I don’t.
You've asked us for advice, so I don't feel bad about giving it: Get out of the relationship.

Then start a VF thread about post-breakup workouts. We're totally here for you. Wishing you all kinds of strength.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 06:23 PM  
alisoncooks

In my kindest, gentlest voice:
Please read this: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=204484

And (5 years later) what advice would you give to her...?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote