Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-31-19, 02:13 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question Melt Method foam roller question...

If you have the older model Melt Method foam roller, will that still work with the DVDs? I see that there is a new one that is apparently softer. (Her prices are rough, so I'd hate to have to consider buying a new one.)

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-19, 04:46 PM  
BunnyHop

I've just been using the same old roller I've had for a long time. Wasn't aware there's any difference between it and whatever's being sold now.
The Performance roller is shorter, and the half roller is flat on one side, but I think they're all made of the same stuff. The newer ones seem to have a slight difference in the design right on the surface.

Was there some sort of product change I missed?

I've only ever used the dvds, don't have access to streaming.
Old 01-31-19, 05:05 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
...Was there some sort of product change I missed?
Anna, I just read on Amazon that Sue changed the design a few years ago. I have the older MM one from OPTP. Apparently, the new one is even softer and only 5" in diameter. Sue demonstrates bending it almost in half.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 01-31-19, 08:58 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Anna, I just read on Amazon that Sue changed the design a few years ago. I have the older MM one from OPTP. Apparently, the new one is even softer and only 5" in diameter. Sue demonstrates bending it almost in half.
My long one is soft and bendy, only has bumps on the surface.
The short (newer) one has the word MELT and the swirly logo symbol patterned all over it instead of bumps. It's bendy, but the texture is maybe a bit different. Not enormously so. I don't really notice any difference at all when I'm using them.

Does that help at all?
Old 02-01-19, 11:36 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
My long one is soft and bendy, only has bumps on the surface.
The short (newer) one has the word MELT and the swirly logo symbol patterned all over it instead of bumps. It's bendy, but the texture is maybe a bit different. Not enormously so. I don't really notice any difference at all when I'm using them.

Does that help at all?
Thanks!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 02-01-19, 12:17 PM  
boundingaway

Hi, I have two of the long full-size Melt rollers, an older OTPT pink one I purchased directly from Sue Hitzmann at a seminar years ago and the new blue one which I purchased from her site online. I was surprised how different the new one turned out to be - it's smaller in diameter, much softer and completely pliable. The new one can almost be bent in half. I don't have a travel size of the new one.

I find that the new blue roller makes a nice difference for me with the Melt method. My older one can be used, of course, as I had used it for years, but now I prefer the new one. It's more gentle and my body 'melts' more quickly.'
Old 02-01-19, 02:48 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundingaway View Post
Hi, I have two of the long full-size Melt rollers, an older OTPT pink one I purchased directly from Sue Hitzmann at a seminar years ago and the new blue one which I purchased from her site online. I was surprised how different the new one turned out to be - it's smaller in diameter, much softer and completely pliable. The new one can almost be bent in half. I don't have a travel size of the new one.

I find that the new blue roller makes a nice difference for me with the Melt method. My older one can be used, of course, as I had used it for years, but now I prefer the new one. It's more gentle and my body 'melts' more quickly.'
Julie, thanks for the info!

I took a class with Sue many years ago at a fitness convention. I didn't buy anything at the time as there was no convention discount. Now that I have some issues, I'm trying MM.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 02-01-19, 05:19 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundingaway View Post
Hi, I have two of the long full-size Melt rollers, an older OTPT pink one I purchased directly from Sue Hitzmann at a seminar years ago and the new blue one ...
Oh, I'd forgotten about the OTPT ones.
Thanks for sharing the details of yours.

When I first got started I was impatient with the wait times (demand was high just as the book came out) and cobbled together my own soft roller using a pool noodle and an old foam exercise mat that I otherwise hated and had no use for. The pool noodle was longer than the real deal, which actually I liked. Eventually the duct tape fell apart so I ditched it.
Old 02-02-19, 11:06 AM  
bettyboopboop

Hi vintage!

I bought mine last summer so I’m thinking it is the newer one? I ended up attending a live class right after purchasing my gear/online subscription. The instructor of live class said there had been a newer model in the last couple years. She advised people if they were interested to purchase the smaller roller because you can do every exercise on it except the one where you lie on your back. I kind of wish I had gotten the smaller one as it’s more portable. Anyway this might not help you but wanted to throw this suggestion out in case you do decide to upgrade.

Sending positive vibes your way!
Old 02-02-19, 12:19 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopboop View Post
Hi vintage!

I bought mine last summer so I’m thinking it is the newer one? I ended up attending a live class right after purchasing my gear/online subscription. The instructor of live class said there had been a newer model in the last couple years. She advised people if they were interested to purchase the smaller roller because you can do every exercise on it except the one where you lie on your back. I kind of wish I had gotten the smaller one as it’s more portable. Anyway this might not help you but wanted to throw this suggestion out in case you do decide to upgrade.

Sending positive vibes your way!
Thanks, Beth!

I ended up ordering the long one. I'm most interested in the moves where I lie on my back. (Hmmm, that sounds wrong somehow...)

POSTURE CHECK!

Tags
foam roller, melt method, sue hitzmann