Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-16, 12:34 AM  
Genevieve M

should I give rebounding another try?

Hi,

I bought a spring-based Needak on CL that I NEVER took a shine too. Eventually donated it to Savers. Now, I see that eBay has a bungee-based rebounder that is very Bellicon-like.

Should I give this a try? Anyone else have a similar experience? I don't want to buy a new toy unless I'm going to really use it.

Thanks for your insights!
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-16, 12:55 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I think it depends on whether you didn't like the springs or you didn't like rebounding in general. I started out with a spring Urban Rebounder, moved up to a basic bungee JumpSport, then to a larger Bellicon. I enjoyed all three but wouldn't go back to springs. The bungees are just softer and quieter, no comparison IMO. I love my Bellicon. But if you didn't like rebounding in general, I'm not sure bungees would make a big enough difference for you.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-16, 07:45 AM  
horsemom2

I would suggest buying a decent bungee like a JumpSport 550 from Costco and just return it if it does not click, not knowing what you are seeing on Ebay.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-16, 10:40 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
I would suggest buying a decent bungee like a JumpSport 550 from Costco and just return it if it does not click, not knowing what you are seeing on Ebay.

Barb S
That's a great idea!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 12-06-16, 12:08 PM  
BunnyHop

I started with the ultra cheapo YogFlex, it has straps, and is kinda bungee like, but is seriously not very bouncy. I bought it because it was CHEAP ($50 shipping included) and I wanted to see if I'd get along with it well enough to eventually buy a better quality one.

I liked it, well enough, and when I was deciding whether to get a treadmill or a good quality rebounder, I went with the smallest Bellicon rebounder. I like it a lot, and have a hard time seeing how a tread mill could be this much fun.

As others have said, stop and think about whether or not it's the whole idea of bouncing around that's the issue. If it is, maybe try something else entirely.

OTOH, if you like it, but wonder if you should upgrade, maybe find a reasonably priced bungee rebounder? The bungee style is way more fun than the springs, if you ask me.
Old 12-06-16, 12:19 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post

OTOH, if you like it, but wonder if you should upgrade, maybe find a reasonably priced bungee rebounder? The bungee style is way more fun than the springs, if you ask me.
I agree, bungee is more fun aside from being quieter and gentler. I found my Bellicon used but like new when I put an ISO ad for a used Bellicon or JumpSport on a local website. I got a response quite quickly. I've gotten great deals on several pieces of like new exercise equipment. Saves money and it's recycling!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 12-06-16, 09:21 PM  
BunnyHop

I've had another thought about rebounding that I thought I'd share.

I'd jumped on trampolines as a kid, but hadn't gone near one in at least twenty years by the time I got my first rebounder.

Honestly, I think my brain and body had forgotten how to jump on a trampoline, so there was a definite learning curve for me. Right at first, it really felt kind of disconcerting and unsafe, and I seriously wondered if I had any business attempting this whole thing. Just getting on, bouncing a bit, and getting down safely was my first 'workout' on a rebounder.

I've definitely gotten over that first response, for sure, but it did take a little while.
Old 12-07-16, 07:27 AM  
horsemom2

I trampolined when a teen but use a rebounder completely differently hardly going airborne.
Bungees give enough up and down pumping action or healthbouncing while keeping the feet mostly on the mat.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote