Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-16, 10:06 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I think that anyone would be welcome to join our check in.

I tend to be chatty but you don't have to be.
Thank you, Lannette.

I don't mind others being chatty. I just might have days where I have to watch how much time I'm logged in here at VF (and on the computer) so will have to keep my talk to a minimum. Some days I'll have to just list my workouts for the day, ya know?! My DH (since we're both retired and home) keeps an eye on me, since his office is next to mine!

I enjoy "chatting" when I get to know the others, though. But I'm not naturally chatty.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-16, 10:20 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenl View Post
I would interested. Although I am typically not very faithful to check ins. My intentions are good but you know how that goes. Due to hubby's chronic health issues and job and schedule changes my exercise has been non existent. I too need to start doing SOMETHING and get back in shape. Right now I'm reading Jessica Smith's book Thin in 10 trying to get some motivation and to recommit.

Karen
I do find participating in a regular check-in very motivating, but have also not followed through with a couple I've joined in the past. It sort of has to be the right fit of people as well as the time in your schedule to post about your fitness activity. Everyone's lives are busy and we're all pulled in so many directions, it can be tough sometimes.

Plus, I've seen quite a few check-ins die a slow death, when people start abandoning the group. That's never fun.

Jessica's wonderful, isn't she?! I hope you find some pearls of wisdom from her!

April Focus:
Old 12-04-16, 10:26 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jags View Post
I would be interested in a check in. My exercise activity has been practically non-existent too, for many of the same reasons and I need to start over. I used to be advanced, strong, and fit - now I'm weak as a kitten and lethargic. Please keep me posted.
Sure thing and I know exactly how you feel! Not sure I was ever "advanced" even when I was exercising daily, but we all have different goals and aspirations! Kittens can be feisty (and so can we) plus that muscle memory is there somewhere, right?

April Focus:
Old 12-04-16, 10:55 PM  
beanpeanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
Aren't there already enough check-ins? I get lost in that forum. There is a check-in for everything. I wouldn't mind it, but they become too chatty and personal. I miss the daily workout check-in that here.
If there are already too many check-ins, is one more really going to tip the boat? Maybe getting lost here is the best place to be, you're never far from a supportive check-in.

This thread was offered as a suggestion to those that may need some new encouragement to get a boost in the new year or now, hopefully helping us all out to get better mentally and physically.
beanpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 03:21 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Thank you, Lannette.

I don't mind others being chatty. I just might have days where I have to watch how much time I'm logged in here at VF (and on the computer) so will have to keep my talk to a minimum. Some days I'll have to just list my workouts for the day, ya know?! My DH (since we're both retired and home) keeps an eye on me, since his office is next to mine!

I enjoy "chatting" when I get to know the others, though. But I'm not naturally chatty.
That sounds fine Pam. Anyone is welcome however I can also understand the desire to begin a new, specific check-in. Best of luck and a wonderful coming year to everyone no matter what you all decide.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 02:27 PM  
antbuko

Hi Pam! I would be interested, sure. I'll do my best to stick with a check in.
Old 12-05-16, 05:21 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Do you mean this check in?

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=217872

Maybe that one would work out well for you.

Sherry
Thanks for posting this, Sherry. I joined it and am looking forward to keeping myself accountable in a just-the-facts way.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 06:33 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Thanks for posting this, Sherry. I joined it and am looking forward to keeping myself accountable in a just-the-facts way.
I've only been part of this check-in since August and it's fantastic for accountability. No pressure to chat if you don't want to. Everyone is super nice and we all do our own thing- all different kinds of workouts. I love looking at the variety! I think you'll love it!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 06:49 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanpeanut View Post
This thread was offered as a suggestion to those that may need some new encouragement to get a boost in the new year or now, hopefully helping us all out to get better mentally and physically.
Exactly!!! Thank you, and very well stated! I tend to get a little bit of the Winter Blues and am probably going to begin with short daily Namaste yoga sessions and strength training a couple times a week. Or, Classical Stretch and some Jessica Smith, depending on how my feet are feeling that day!

April Focus:
Old 12-05-16, 06:53 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
Hi Pam! I would be interested, sure. I'll do my best to stick with a check in.
Fantastic! Glad to hear it!

April Focus: