Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-02-16, 11:01 AM  
Cookie
VF Supporter

I got a box from British Columbia, Canada today!!!

The cutest ornament I've ever seen, Cute penguin socks, local dark chocolate (OMG, can't wait to try it...I'm saving some for Christmas day when I'm all alone) a couple of meditation CD's (THANK YOU!!!) and an adorable card by a local artist (her youngest son) with a hint of more to come. And a knit headband to keep my ears warm. If this were facebook, I'd post a pic!

BTW, I crochet and have made so many gifts over the years, so to have someone make me an ear warmer is like the sweetest thing ever. I know what goes into knitting and crocheting and it is SO appreciated.

My santa didn't tell me who she is but asked me to guess... Is it YogaPam???

Never regret anything that made you smile!
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-16, 11:10 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
I got a box from British Columbia, Canada today!!!

The cutest ornament I've ever seen, Cute penguin socks, local dark chocolate (OMG, can't wait to try it...I'm saving some for Christmas day when I'm all alone) a couple of meditation CD's (THANK YOU!!!) and an adorable card by a local artist (her youngest son) with a hint of more to come. And a knit headband to keep my ears warm. If this were facebook, I'd post a pic!

BTW, I crochet and have made so many gifts over the years, so to have someone make me an ear warmer is like the sweetest thing ever. I know what goes into knitting and crocheting and it is SO appreciated.

My santa didn't tell me who she is but asked me to guess... Is it YogaPam???
Hi Cookie! You guessed right, lol, it's me & I'm glad you like your gift! And yes, there's more on the way....stay tuned!
Enjoy & Merry Christmas!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-16, 11:42 AM  
cherimac

Haha. Cookie asked me on FB if it was you and I waited until you told her. Merry Christmas to both of you.
Old 12-02-16, 01:55 PM  
JENILU

I am ashamed to say i received my package before Thanksgiving and am just now feeling up to posting. Mollie (Cheyenne Shaw) was so kind to me. I messaged her directly, but have just not been feeling well and haven't posted here. Bonnie you are wonderful and the DVDs fit me perfectly rightn ow!! To everyone else, I had to change all my needs at the last minte due to Physical Therapist orders and got really emotional receiving my gift because it had a bundle of DVDs i could still do. I had almost given up and was sitting in a pity party, barely even looking to see what else I could do. This helped me so much. Anyway, on to the gifts.
Thankyou so much Bonnie!!!
First I received a beautiful card from sweet Bonnie letting me know who my Santa was
I am so grateful for the Faithful workouts 3 pack!! i am confident I can do these with just a few modifications and i am so excited to try.
I received Total Body Balance Ball with Tanja and and On the Ball Pilates with Lizbeth Garcia. I am so excited to use these as I have been getting back into using the stability ball!! There was shaped By Faith pilates for the Soul!! i have to say i have wanted that one for years and am so grateful!!
I got BarreAmped Strength and Streth!! I am going to try that one next week. I had temporarily gotten limited from stretching, but I tyhink I have the ok again. Really excited about that one, and it comes with a month of free BarreAmped Streaming, which I am excited to try!!! And for the DVD finale, I received Zenga Flow! My favorite thing ever is standing pilates. LOVE this!! Bless you!!!
I got some special sleapytime tea that has a bonus for sinuses. This is almost gone already, lol. It even cleared my nightly drainage (sorry0 which also helped with resting. Love it!! I also have 2 tea samples that I have yet to try: Holiday Blend and Serenity Super Green Tea. I got an adorable little notepad (I use these sticky notes to death, thankyou so much!!)A precious little purse mirror was included!
And last but not least, some AMAZING Soothing Leg Lotion with Rosemary, Wild Mint, and Aloe Vera. i have so much leg pain and circulation problems and this was an amazing and well loved gift.

Thankyou from the bottom of my hear Santa!! I am so grateful and I truly apologize for not posting sooner.
Thankyou so much also to the elves this year and all their hard work!! I know I received so much help and info!! I love y'all!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-16, 02:10 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Wow, just WOW!!!

Okay (first of all) I need to bribe Anne so she can make sure Sherry continues to be my Secret Santa every year! She's my new BFF! I know you've been anxiously waiting for me to open my packages! Oh My Gosh! AWESOME!!!

First of all, Sherry is REALLY the QUEEN Elf/Secret Santa! She pretended to play Elf and PM me to gain information about my likes since the start. I never suspected she was my SS until my first box arrived, but she was a busy Elf and Shopper! We all know what a lover of Trader Joe's she is, right?! And, also of books, music, etc. If you're ever a lucky recipient of her generosity, she will be sure to put you in the Holiday mood and Cheer you right up! I had a bit of a cooking disaster last night but knew I'd have a package to look forward to opening this morning, so she turned my frown upside down!

The first box contained NINE romance novels (mostly Highlander/Scottish themed.) I have a and obsession with all things Outlander but since I had almost EVERYTHING Diana Gabaldon has written, I wanted something a little more "guilty pleasure" and light, fun reading for Holiday travel and vacation time! I am really looking forward to diving into these!!!

Books/Romance/Scotland/time travel or similar
Seduction of a Highland Lass (Maya Banks)
Never Love a Highlander (Maya Banks)
London’s Last True Scoundrel (Christina Brooke)
Highland Scandal (Julia London)
Her Knight’s Quest (Alexis Morgan)
Desiring The Highlander (Michele Sinclair)
To Wed A Highlander (Michele Sinclair)
Bond of Passion (Beatrice Small)
The Corset Diaries (Katie MacAlister)

My second box contained so many other wonderful goodies and I hope I've properly documented it all!

Books Baking and other
Sally’s Candy Addiction (Sally McKenney)
Out of the Box Desserts (Haley Parker)
Peanut Butter Comfort (Avery Sunshine)
Folder of internet recipes (peanut butter, chocolate!)

Fitness DVDs and other
Caroline Sandry 30 Days to Flat Abs
Callanetics Extreme
Beyond Barre Fit
Barre workouts (youtube compilation)
Yin Yoga workouts (internet)
Yoga for Hips, Back, and Neck (internet)
Yoga for Hip Opening (internet)
David Bowie (5 years, VH1 Storytellers, 1978 Young music, Japanese TV special, Live By Request, A & E 2002)
Outlander Panel Discussion, From Scotland to Paris, Case of Outlander

Food/drink Goodies
TJ Ginger Pear White Tea
TJ Moroccan Mint Green Tea
TJ Dark Chocolate almond bar
TJ Dark Chocolate truffle bar
TJ Dark Chocolate (super dark) bar
Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate “Dark Chocolate Dreams!”
Homemade tin of Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies and Andes Mint cookies

Beauty items
TJ (Johann’s) Virtuoso Spearmint lip balms
Levres Chocolate, Peppermint and Spearmint flavored lip balms
Epically Epic solid lotion (spicy sandalwood), lip balm (spider venom) and perfume

Everything was beautiful wrapped and boxed. Cute Peanuts wrapping paper or kitty cats with Santa hats! Sherry took the time to bake cookies, print recipes, make everything just so special. I really appreciated the DVDs she copied from the internet (especially since I'm technically challenged!) Something I wouldn't think to do for someone and would have to ask my DH how to...

Sherry, THANK YOU so very much! You can't possible know how much this means to me that you would do so much for someone that you only have an internet relationship with, and not know that well. I will always remember the thought and care you took in shopping for me and thinking about what to do to make my Holiday brighter in every way!

ETA: Had a Andes mint cookie today as well as the Ginger Pear white tea! Both delicious! The cookie was so decadent and yummy! Loved the treat!!!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge

Last edited by Pam61; 12-02-16 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Adding additional info...
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-16, 03:13 PM  
Cookie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Okay (first of all) I need to bribe Anne so she can make sure Sherry continues to be my Secret Santa every year! She's my new BFF! I know you've been anxiously waiting for me to open my packages! Oh My Gosh! AWESOME!!!

First of all, Sherry is REALLY the QUEEN Elf/Secret Santa! She pretended to play Elf and PM me to gain information about my likes since the start. I never suspected she was my SS until my first box arrived, but she was a busy Elf and Shopper! We all know what a lover of Trader Joe's she is, right?! And, also of books, music, etc. If you're ever a lucky recipient of her generosity, she will be sure to put you in the Holiday mood and Cheer you right up! I had a bit of a cooking disaster last night but knew I'd have a package to look forward to opening this morning, so she turned my frown upside down!

The first box contained NINE romance novels (mostly Highlander/Scottish themed.) I have a and obsession with all things Outlander but since I had almost EVERYTHING Diana Gabaldon has written, I wanted something a little more "guilty pleasure" and light, fun reading for Holiday travel and vacation time! I am really looking forward to diving into these!!!

Books/Romance/Scotland/time travel or similar
Seduction of a Highland Lass (Maya Banks)
Never Love a Highlander (Maya Banks)
London’s Last True Scoundrel (Christina Brooke)
Highland Scandal (Julia London)
Her Knight’s Quest (Alexis Morgan)
Desiring The Highlander (Michele Sinclair)
To Wed A Highlander (Michele Sinclair)
Bond of Passion (Beatrice Small)
The Corset Diaries (Katie MacAlister)

My second box contained so many other wonderful goodies and I hope I've properly documented it all!

Books Baking and other
Sally’s Candy Addiction (Sally McKenney)
Out of the Box Desserts (Haley Parker)
Peanut Butter Comfort (Avery Sunshine)
Folder of internet recipes (peanut butter, chocolate!)

Fitness DVDs and other
Caroline Sandry 30 Days to Flat Abs
Callanetics Extreme
Beyond Barre Fit
Barre workouts (youtube compilation)
Yin Yoga workouts (internet)
Yoga for Hips, Back, and Neck (internet)
Yoga for Hip Opening (internet)
David Bowie (5 years, VH1 Storytellers, 1978 Young music, Japanese TV special, Live By Request, A & E 2002)
Outlander Panel Discussion, From Scotland to Paris, Case of Outlander

Food/drink Goodies
TJ Ginger Pear White Tea
TJ Moroccan Mint Green Tea
TJ Dark Chocolate almond bar
TJ Dark Chocolate truffle bar
TJ Dark Chocolate (super dark) bar
Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate “Dark Chocolate Dreams!”
Homemade tin of Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies and Andes Mint cookies

Beauty items
TJ (Johann’s) Virtuoso Spearmint lip balms
Levres Chocolate, Peppermint and Spearmint flavored lip balms
Epically Epic solid lotion (spicy sandalwood), lip balm (spider venom) and perfume

Everything was beautiful wrapped and boxed. Cute Peanuts wrapping paper or kitty cats with Santa hats! Sherry took the time to bake cookies, print recipes, make everything just so special. I really appreciated the DVDs she copied from the internet (especially since I'm technically challenged!) Something I wouldn't think to do for someone and would have to ask my DH how to...

Sherry, THANK YOU so very much! You can't possible know how much this means to me that you would do so much for someone that you only have an internet relationship with, and not know that well. I will always remember the thought and care you took in shopping for me and thinking about what to do to make my Holiday brighter in every way!

ETA: Had a Andes mint cookie today as well as the Ginger Pear white tea! Both delicious! The cookie was so decadent and yummy! Loved the treat!!!

Sounds like the VFer my kids dubbed "Santa Warbucks". When my house burned down 7 years ago (tomorrow actually), VFers got together and sent so many amazing gifts it was overwhelming. (I still have and use the Corelle dishes every day) One VFer sent dolls for my daughter, Starbucks for me, gifts for my son...just a box FULL of treats.

Your post reminded me once again of how very wonderful this community is.

Never regret anything that made you smile!
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-16, 04:45 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Cookie!

I remember your situation and felt just awful for you at the time! I'm glad the Corelle dishes came in handy, as I use mine every day! So many fun patterns nowadays, but I think I sent you just "plain" white. I had another style in mind, and they wouldn't fit in the box. Go figure.

I was also your Secret Santa one year, but had just moved and home was undergoing renovations. I love to crochet (when I have the time) though it's not every year I can do so for my giftee.

Plenty to be thankful for this time of year, but sorry you have to remember an Anniversary of losing your beautiful home in a fire! Hopefully there was some good thing to take away from what must have been an awful and devastating experience!

VFer's are a good bunch, mostly!

Happy Holidays!

April Focus:
Old 12-02-16, 07:06 PM  
Cheyenne Shaw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
I am ashamed to say i received my package before Thanksgiving and am just now feeling up to posting. Mollie (Cheyenne Shaw) was so kind to me. I messaged her directly, but have just not been feeling well and haven't posted here. Bonnie you are wonderful and the DVDs fit me perfectly rightn ow!! To everyone else, I had to change all my needs at the last minte due to Physical Therapist orders and got really emotional receiving my gift because it had a bundle of DVDs i could still do. I had almost given up and was sitting in a pity party, barely even looking to see what else I could do. This helped me so much. Anyway, on to the gifts.
Thankyou so much Bonnie!!!
First I received a beautiful card from sweet Bonnie letting me know who my Santa was
I am so grateful for the Faithful workouts 3 pack!! i am confident I can do these with just a few modifications and i am so excited to try.
I received Total Body Balance Ball with Tanja and and On the Ball Pilates with Lizbeth Garcia. I am so excited to use these as I have been getting back into using the stability ball!! There was shaped By Faith pilates for the Soul!! i have to say i have wanted that one for years and am so grateful!!
I got BarreAmped Strength and Streth!! I am going to try that one next week. I had temporarily gotten limited from stretching, but I tyhink I have the ok again. Really excited about that one, and it comes with a month of free BarreAmped Streaming, which I am excited to try!!! And for the DVD finale, I received Zenga Flow! My favorite thing ever is standing pilates. LOVE this!! Bless you!!!
I got some special sleapytime tea that has a bonus for sinuses. This is almost gone already, lol. It even cleared my nightly drainage (sorry0 which also helped with resting. Love it!! I also have 2 tea samples that I have yet to try: Holiday Blend and Serenity Super Green Tea. I got an adorable little notepad (I use these sticky notes to death, thankyou so much!!)A precious little purse mirror was included!
And last but not least, some AMAZING Soothing Leg Lotion with Rosemary, Wild Mint, and Aloe Vera. i have so much leg pain and circulation problems and this was an amazing and well loved gift.

Thankyou from the bottom of my hear Santa!! I am so grateful and I truly apologize for not posting sooner.
Thankyou so much also to the elves this year and all their hard work!! I know I received so much help and info!! I love y'all!!
My pleasure..I'm so happy that you like everything and can use it now..hugs and Merry Christmas!

John 16:33

I have said these things to you, that in Me (Jesus) you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
Cheyenne Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-16, 11:50 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I want to thank my Secret Santa, Rhonda, for the lovely gifts she sent to me. I received:
Tracey Mallett- Pilates Super Sculpt
Caroline Sandry- 30 Days to Flat Abs
I am looking forward to trying both of these!

Rhonda also sent me:
Chocolate covered espresso beans (yum!)
A great sketch pad along with new gel pens--yippee !

Thank you so much, and Happy Holidays to all!

Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-16, 01:12 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
Sounds like the VFer my kids dubbed "Santa Warbucks". When my house burned down 7 years ago (tomorrow actually), VFers got together and sent so many amazing gifts it was overwhelming. (I still have and use the Corelle dishes every day) One VFer sent dolls for my daughter, Starbucks for me, gifts for my son...just a box FULL of treats.

Your post reminded me once again of how very wonderful this community is.
Sherry sets the bar pretty high, doesn't she?! But, if anyone is feeling guilty about their gifts not quite measuring up to what she (or others) do, keep in mind some don't have other people to exchange gifts with during the Holidays, so this is their time to Bless someone else. No one should feel bad, as everyone's finances, situations, and backgrounds are different. I know this was mentioned as a reason people were unwilling to participate in the exchange this year, and it seems to be a topic of concern every year. I'm grateful for all my past, present and future Santa's, and it's not a measure of quantity. Like Cookie said, so many wonderful people here at VF and I enjoy the Gift Exchange each year!

April Focus:

Tags
holiday exchange 2016