Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-05-16, 07:05 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanpeanut View Post
Gosh I'd sure like to join, at least give it a try! I need to get consistent with my workouts again, one week I'll do great with walking a few days a week and a few workouts at home but the next week, it may be nothing at all, that's whats just driving me nuts! I want to commit to working out at home at least four days a week, along with walking my dog too.
If I had dogs to walk, that would at least get me outside. My foot/heal injury was such that I couldn't even do that much!

It's hard once you're away from working out, and I wasn't even lurking or logging onto VF much. I definitely need a butt kicking, and some supportive conversation and encouragement from a few (in the same boat) would help! I'm looking forward to working out, now that I know a few would be interested in a New check-in for the New Year! I'm getting excited!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 07:11 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Restarters check-in from 2016!

Okay, now that I did a search, I did see a restarters check-in already established from 2016! I'm sure they would welcome anyone (of course) but with an on-going check-in they already "know" each other. So, I would already feel left out, unless some have recently "joined."

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ght=restarters

April Focus:
Old 12-05-16, 07:27 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Okay, now that I did a search, I did see a restarters check-in already established from 2016! I'm sure they would welcome anyone (of course) but with an on-going check-in they already "know" each other. So, I would already feel left out, unless some have recently "joined."

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ght=restarters
I've joined a couple of new check ins this year and everyone has been very friendly and welcoming. It didn't take me long to feel quite at home, VFers are the nicest people!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 07:38 PM  
beanpeanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
If I had dogs to walk, that would at least get me outside. My foot/heal injury was such that I couldn't even do that much!

It's hard once you're away from working out, and I wasn't even lurking or logging onto VF much. I definitely need a butt kicking, and some supportive conversation and encouragement from a few (in the same boat) would help! I'm looking forward to working out, now that I know a few would be interested in a New check-in for the New Year! I'm getting excited!
I'm sorry for your injury, hoping you have healing and relief for the New Year!
Glad you're excited for the new check-in, I'm looking forward to joining!
beanpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 07:41 PM  
beanpeanut

[QUOTE=Pam61;2678585]Okay, now that I did a search, I did see a restarters check-in already established from 2016! I'm sure they would welcome anyone (of course) but with an on-going check-in they already "know" each other. So, I would already feel left out, unless some have recently "joined."

I think I would probably feel a little left out and awkward too.
beanpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 09:19 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Hch- thanks! I forgot about that check in.
You're welcome.

I've also realized I didn't mention something in my last post, although this thing may be obvious: someone can resume posting the "Workouts" threads in General Discussion. I could even post them as a sort of community service if I were here more frequently and especially if I were likely to use them. Of course, I'm not the only member who knows how to start a thread, and maybe someone reading my post will be starting those threads at least some of the time.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 09:50 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hch View Post
You're welcome.

I've also realized I didn't mention something in my last post, although this thing may be obvious: someone can resume posting the "Workouts" threads in General Discussion. I could even post them as a sort of community service if I were here more frequently and especially if I were likely to use them. Of course, I'm not the only member who knows how to start a thread, and maybe someone reading my post will be starting those threads at least some of the time.
I was thinking the same thing. In the past, I have posted some of the Workout threads for the day, but kind of got out of the habit. Plus, now I am taking a break to get rid of some back pain I have.

Hopefully it will start up soon as I like seeing what workouts others are doing. I've gotten some good ideas about how to mix and match shorter workouts. Once I start working out again, I will certainly do my part to keep it going.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-16, 07:56 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I started a New Accountability check-in in the challenges and check-ins forum! Feel free to stop in and introduce yourselves, even if we're not "officially" beginning until January 2017! If anyone is working out in December though and would like to post about it, might as well do so...if you have the time and ability! I realize December is a busy month for most, so it's totally up to you!

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...=1#post2678825

April Focus: