Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-16, 08:06 AM  
SuzieC

Age reversing workouts with Miranda Esmonde-White

Hi all,

I did not find a lot of information about these on this forum (perhaps I'm not searching properly), but I wanted to share my positive experience with these.

For me, these workouts have really helped me to reduce my daily chronic pain.

Just a bit of history: for the last 4 hours, I have been really active, working out mostly 6 days a week doing Tracy Anderson's metamorphosis/continuity/realtime and up until early this year have been pairing that with high-impact cardio or Kangoo Jumps. Some breaks in my TA work to do 21 Day fix or a short bout of Barre3. I also do Kundalini yoga. I've had on and off back pain for about 10 years, but it was never anything too severe or serious. Every day stiffness could be managed by exercising it out, and longer bouts of pain usually just passed after a week or two. I have been having severe back pain since June (when I could not stand up to get out of bed one day) and found out I have 2 herniated discs & arthrosis. My physiotherapist also told me my posture needs help because my left side has been compensating for the pain and tightness in my right side so i'm pretty imbalanced. My psoas is apparently very tight too. I also have Hashimoto's so I think it's probably easier for me to burn out or overtrain faster than someone who does not.

I tried turning to Jessica Smith workouts, but had to stop because I just have too much pain.

Getting back to working out has been hit and miss and most things cause me pain. (yeah I'm left with a closet full of workouts that I will never be able to do again).

Last week, I decided to try these Age Reversing workouts, which I really resisted because they did not seem like "workouts" to me. I've been going through one a day, cycling the 4 workouts, sometimes doing 2 a day, and during each one, my pain dissipates. By the end of the half hour, I have no pain. The rest of my day is pretty much pain free and I feel mobile.

I've never had anything *work* for me like this has. The feeling I have after doing these is what I expected to feel like after doing yoga (but I never really achieved that juicy, stretched out feeling I craved).

Warning, moment of drama follows: It almost feels like an out-of-body experience because these days I associate being in my body with being in pain, and these get me out of that pain so quickly, I end up wondering where my body went.

I think these workouts are really worth trying if you have chronic pain or stiffness from either not doing much exercise, or from exercising too much.

Bottom line: they feel terrific!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 09:10 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

SuzieC, great post on your experience. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-05-16, 09:23 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
...these days I associate being in my body with being in pain, and these get me out of that pain so quickly, I end up wondering where my body went.

I'm sorry you've been doing so much suffering, chronic pain is a real struggle.

On the other hand, it sounds as though you've made some progress improving things!!! Hurrah!

Thank you for sharing your experiences, it's good to know things are going well.
Old 12-05-16, 11:00 AM  
hourglass

SuzieC, I'm so glad these worked for you! I Miranda's workouts. Thanks for sharing!

Joan
hourglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 01:56 PM  
sharkee

So glad the hear, I just got mine in the mail today so hope to at least preview them tonight
Old 12-05-16, 02:08 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Glad the workouts are giving you some relief! That is great.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 02:13 PM  
spotted zebra

Suzie, are these the dvds you're talking about?

https://www.amazon.ca/Classical-Stre...+esmonde-white

Or the ones that were featured on PBS? I still get them confused. I'm eyeing them as Christmas presents for someone I know.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 06:18 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
Suzie, are these the dvds you're talking about?

https://www.amazon.ca/Classical-Stre...+esmonde-white

Or the ones that were featured on PBS? I still get them confused. I'm eyeing them as Christmas presents for someone I know.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Yes, those are the ones! (from the amazon link).

I don't have the PBS set, though I wish I did. I doubt I could trade for it, I know it cost people a pretty penny!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-16, 04:45 PM  
ardnas

Have you tried any of the other Classical Stretch workouts, or is this your first experience?
Just wondering if these differ in any way?
Old 12-09-16, 01:59 AM  
Raineth
VF Supporter

What a fantastic testimonial! I hope you send it to Miranda as well.

I'm so glad you're finding some relief. My mother suffers from some pain issues, and I'm thinking of getting her some CS workouts for Christmas (though I'm not sure she'd actually do them). I suffer from some pretty severe health issues myself, and I have been doing CS/Essentrics for the past few weeks. I find it's very doable and I feel great afterwards.
Raineth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging backwards, classical stretch, eccentrics, essentrics, miranda esmonde-white