Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-07-06, 03:28 AM  
willwolf

Power Yoga: Mind and Body--Adrienne Reed Yoga Program on PBS

Recently, I've come across a yoga show on PBS called Power Yoga: Mind and Body. Adrienne Reed is the instructor. She walks around, instructing a class of maybe 4-6 students. I believe this is the same woman who has the DVD, Power Yoga for Athletes. This TV program is 30 minutes, and it's on 2 or 3 mornings per week at 5am. I have DISH Network, and the on-screen program guide gives descriptions of the focus/poses for each episode. These are dated 2006, so I assume this is a current show. The 2 PBS stations that run this show in my area (both at 5am, I think Tuesdays and Thursdays) are KVCR and KLCS. Personally, I haven't tried participating along with the show, as I'm definitely not an early bird (when I run across this program at 5am, I haven't just awakened--I'm still up from the previous night! ). However, I thought that there might be some early bird yogis out there somewhere who would be interested in checking this out.
willwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-06, 06:34 AM  
yogini_michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwolf
Recently, I've come across a yoga show on PBS called Power Yoga: Mind and Body. Adrienne Reed is the instructor. She walks around, instructing a class of maybe 4-6 students. I believe this is the same woman who has the DVD, Power Yoga for Athletes. This TV program is 30 minutes, and it's on 2 or 3 mornings per week at 5am. I have DISH Network, and the on-screen program guide gives descriptions of the focus/poses for each episode. These are dated 2006, so I assume this is a current show. The 2 PBS stations that run this show in my area (both at 5am, I think Tuesdays and Thursdays) are KVCR and KLCS. Personally, I haven't tried participating along with the show, as I'm definitely not an early bird (when I run across this program at 5am, I haven't just awakened--I'm still up from the previous night! ). However, I thought that there might be some early bird yogis out there somewhere who would be interested in checking this out.
I came across this program last week. I had a heck of a time searching for when they come on here because they aren't on a normal PBS channel. After some research i found that it only comes on during the weekend at 6am. So i've been taping them cause I loved that first blancing flow she had on the first episode I stumbled across. I'm very interested in her DVD and I noticed on her website is that she will be coming out with another one or two soon.
Old 09-07-06, 03:55 PM  
KathAL79

Wow, I had no idea she had a TV series, assuming it is the same Adrienne Reed who did Power Yoga for Athletes (which I just reviewed the other week). I like Adrienne as an instructor. Nothing fancy, but nothing too egregious, either. She has a pleasant personality and presence in the DVD.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-06, 04:31 PM  
willwolf

Kath, I'm pretty sure this is the same Adrienne Reed. I don't have her DVD, but I've seen pictures of her online. I need to get a DVR, so I can record a few episodes. I've only seen it at 5am where I'm at, which is way too early for me.
willwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-06, 05:27 PM  
yoni

She already has 3 new DVD's available for preorder at her website:
http://www.adriennereed.com/BoxedSet.htm
yoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-06, 05:34 PM  
KathAL79

Willwolf, I'm sure you're right.

Yoni, thanks for the link! Since my main problem with Power Yoga for Athletes was my person elbow issue, I'll consider those, especially the Flexibility one, if someone can assure me they don't have a long chaturanga series!
Old 09-15-06, 12:17 PM  
Rhonda

OK, I gave in and bought the 3 new Yoga workouts. They look good. Can't wait to get them now. I need to stop, I have been back on a buying spree after a couple months off. Guess I am in the yuck mode of workouts and want something new and refreshing.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-06, 08:59 AM  
KathAL79

Rhonda, please post back about what you think!
Old 10-29-06, 11:23 AM  
yoni

I just got a newsletter from Adrienne Reed and it says that her tv series will also be released on DVD's in addition to the new 3 DVD's , here's a quote :
Quote:

At long last, Adrienne's public television series, Power Yoga: Mind & Body will be available on DVD!

We've taken all thirty shows from Season 1 and compiled them into 6 unique DVD's. Each DVD has 5 shows - giving you a full week's worth of yoga practices on each video!

Purchase these new DVDs for $20 each, or $100 for the full Season 1 set - 6 DVDs, an amazing 30 workouts!

Keep watching Adrienne's Video page for more information. They will be available for purchase in late November / early December.
yoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-06, 10:59 PM  
KathAL79

Thanks for the info, Yoni!

Has anyone tried one of her new DVDs? I'm still thinking about the Flexibility one.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.