Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-17, 11:28 PM  
iwant2bfit

intro melt workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaVeg View Post
How do you learn how to do the MELT method? I am having muscle pain in my back ribs... I know VERY weird... I am taking muscle relaxant that helps, but I can't be on that stuff forever.... I also have neck and shoulder pain...
I am also late to the melt method. I am going to an intro melt workshop on Saturday. My class is an hour and a half. The instructor is certified in a few levels and is a 3rd degree black belt. If you check the melt method website, you may find instructors in your area. I was surprised to find one in my area. I also found some classes for family members in upstate NY that are free!

By the way, some instructors are selling the equipment. I got my kit in a few days. One of the benefits is if there is a problem with your equipment, they handle it. For instance, some of the small balls in the kits are hard and not squishy. My instructor has extra to replace immediately.
iwant2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 10:07 AM  
michl43

I use the pink OTPT soft roller and racquetball for foot and hands, and got the 3-DVD set from EBay.
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 07:11 PM  
killoffsonny

Is the Melt Method for joints or soft tissue problems? I have tendinitis in both shoulders (rotator cuff). Wondering if this would help?
Old 03-07-17, 07:20 PM  
Donna D

I've started up again with the Melt Method. I think I have duplicate DVDS, should probably list them on ya ya's or VF Roost.

I've had the roller since 2015 and have never used it.

Restarting with the hand and foot treatments. Been reading the revised second edition of the book. Sue has put a lot of time and research into her method. Very ambitious, intelligent, and hard working woman.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 07:30 PM  
Lannette

Does anyone have the iTunes enhanced version ebook? I'm wondering if it's worth it to have the added videos and audio segments it includes.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 02:31 PM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

Nuggie's Auntie, how is your Melt roller holding up? It's been how long since you've had it? I wonder if you ever substitute another roller for some body parts so as to conserve the Melt roller?

So many questions

Thanks.
Old 03-09-17, 02:46 PM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

After I received my roller and dvds last week I soon ordered the Hand/Foot Kit Bundle. That just came. I have to say, the Melt products were expensive but I am very impressed with all her products, in that the dvds are content-filled, with attractively produced chapters, and the roller and kit are excellent -- including a well-constructed canvas bag with zipper & drawstring. No stinting on anything. Sue's a class act.
Old 07-20-17, 03:00 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

It seems like most people are using the MELT method for the lower back/hips area. Does anyone use it for upper back / neck issues?
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-17, 03:19 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogribbit View Post
It seems like most people are using the MELT method for the lower back/hips area. Does anyone use it for upper back / neck issues?
I sort of rotate through it all, but admit I don't think I'm very good at using the roller on my upper back.
Old 07-20-17, 04:36 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogribbit View Post
I rotate through the three short practices, neck, upper back and lower back. I try to do it 6 nights a week, so 2xweek for each. The upper back practice has created the most noticeable result. First, I started getting much better chiropractic adjustments in that area (which was hurt in a car accident > 30 years ago). Now, I can stretch my chiropractic visits to 4 weeks, easily rather than 3 weeks max. When I traveled and couldn't melt (no roller) I was in much more pain and had to get to the chiropractor pretty quickly. Wish I'd bought the hand and foot balls so I could try that out, if anyone has a suggestion on a sub (it doesn't seem to be possible to order just the melt balls)let me know.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
melt method