Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-20-17, 04:54 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
... Wish I'd bought the hand and foot balls so I could try that out, if anyone has a suggestion on a sub (it doesn't seem to be possible to order just the melt balls)let me know.
Gaiam makes a set of hand therapy balls that seems to be fairly easily available. I've seen them at the drugstore and Target, but they do seem to be available other places.

Back when I was first exploring MELT techniques, I experimented with a bunch of random stuff, and found some foam golf balls that were a nice soft texture, but I do think I'd seek out the Gaiam set if I needed extras.

Not sure what to do about the smallest sizes, though.
Old 07-20-17, 04:56 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Gaiam makes a set of hand therapy balls that seems to be fairly easily available. I've seen them at the drugstore and Target, but they do seem to be available other places.

Back when I was first exploring MELT techniques, I experimented with a bunch of random stuff, and found some foam golf balls that were a nice soft texture, but I do think I'd seek out the Gaiam set if I needed extras.

Not sure what to do about the smallest sizes, though.
thanks! I'll keep on the lookout.
eventmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 11:08 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
I rotate through the three short practices, neck, upper back and lower back. I try to do it 6 nights a week, so 2xweek for each. The upper back practice has created the most noticeable result. First, I started getting much better chiropractic adjustments in that area (which was hurt in a car accident > 30 years ago). Now, I can stretch my chiropractic visits to 4 weeks, easily rather than 3 weeks max. When I traveled and couldn't melt (no roller) I was in much more pain and had to get to the chiropractor pretty quickly. Wish I'd bought the hand and foot balls so I could try that out, if anyone has a suggestion on a sub (it doesn't seem to be possible to order just the melt balls)let me know.
I go to the chiropractor 2x per WEEK so that would be great if I could stretch that out!
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 01:56 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogribbit View Post
I go to the chiropractor 2x per WEEK so that would be great if I could stretch that out!
wow! I should add I didn't get the results right away but as I got more consistent with melting at night things improved. I hope you have similar results. I'd go crazy trying to get to the chiropractor 2x week!
eventmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 02:18 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
wow! I should add I didn't get the results right away but as I got more consistent with melting at night things improved. I hope you have similar results. I'd go crazy trying to get to the chiropractor 2x week!
I'd love to be able to space my chiro visits out more - it's a 1.5 hour round trip for me on top of my 1.5 hour commute to work.

If I didn't work on a computer all day I'd probably do better
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
melt method