Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-21-19, 03:11 PM  
manleym

Wow! That's impressive that you're feeling a workout two days later, at least it is to me.
Thanks for the info! I'm going to have to check into them. Hopefully Mary will have Tracie as her weekly special soon.
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-19, 03:28 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Can anyone compare Tracie to Cathe workouts as far as likes/dislikes? I've never done a Tracie workout but I'm really liking what I see with these. She seems to move in a more slow controlled manner? And not rep you to death?
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-19, 04:11 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogribbit View Post
Can anyone compare Tracie to Cathe workouts as far as likes/dislikes? I've never done a Tracie workout but I'm really liking what I see with these. She seems to move in a more slow controlled manner? And not rep you to death?
I've done Cathe workouts since 1993 and Tracie workouts for about five years now, so I've got a spot in my workouts for both her and Tracie. I would say Tracie's are more functional/compound movements, definitely without repping to death. She uses a lot of single leg work and 4-limb cardio. I'd say Tracie does use slower controlled movements, in addition to her quick-quick-slow pattern she incorporates into both strength and cardio.

Tracie doesn't have a ton of pure cardio workouts, but rather she incorporates weights for a cardio effect, so for me that helps since I tend to really get burned out on high impact cardio. I don't feel as much dread with Tracie's workouts like I do with some of Cathe's drill-based cardio.

Hope that helps!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-19, 04:28 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Thank you! I love cardio but can't do the high impact stuff anymore. I do really like that you get a cardio effect while doing weights. I feel like you get more bang for your buck

Do you feel like the Grand Total is a good series to start with Tracie? I've been doing Cathe ICE and lately the LiTe series.

Does she have premixes on her DVDs?
Old 02-21-19, 07:43 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Thank you! I love cardio but can't do the high impact stuff anymore. I do really like that you get a cardio effect while doing weights. I feel like you get more bang for your buck

Do you feel like the Grand Total is a good series to start with Tracie? I've been doing Cathe ICE and lately the LiTe series.

Hmmm, I'm not sure since I started with her 30 mins Focus series and the 50 min Longevity series, the Stronger Longers, and then her Metabolic Strength workouts (both strength and cardio on those) and then her Grand Total series. But you may want to check out some clips of the others and then see what fits. Some of her older stuff is a bit more intermediate and has more compound movements and less heavier weights/burpees. I started buying some from each series (but then ended up buying them all!) when I decided I just couldn't keep up with the Cathe cardio anymore...

She has some premixes on the Longevity series but not on the Grand Total series. But generally she moves to the floor at around the 40 min mark of a 50 min workout so you could kind of wrap it up there.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-19, 09:49 AM  
muggle

Can everyone say where they are from? I've been waiting for my DVD's to arrive. I'm in New York.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-19, 10:19 AM  
wendug

Quote:

If you have amazon prime, there are quite a few Tracie workouts available with your membership- Stronger Longers, longevity, and a few focus series workouts. You could give them a try to see if you like Tracie's style.
Old 02-22-19, 02:50 PM  
manleym

Would ya'll recommend Tracie's Metabolic Strength or Grand Totals?

I have Grand Total 1, Stronger Longer 1, Reboot 2, most Longevities, some Focus, TLT's.
Trying to decide which series - Metabolic Strength or Grand Totals - would be different from the ones I have.
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-19, 05:19 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
I loved GTB 1 so was very excited to get the new volumes. If you're doing ICE and LITE, you could definitely handle GTB 1. (I just received GTB 2 and 3 which I will be doing this weekend.)

With Tracie, I started with the Longevities which worked well for me. Now I have all of Tracie's workouts, including her FIRMs (some of my faves). I think the Longevity series and Stronger Longers are terrific. At first, I was not sure about the Stronger Longers, but the more I did them, the better they got. Good pacing and just enough challenge.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-19, 05:20 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
I loved GTB 1 so was very excited to get the new volumes. If you're doing ICE and LITE, you could definitely handle GTB 1. (I just received GTB 2 and 3 which I will be doing this weekend.)

With Tracie, I started with the Longevities which worked well for me. Now I have all of Tracie's workouts, including her FIRMs (some of my faves). I think the Longevity series and Stronger Longers are terrific. At first, I was not sure about the Stronger Longers, but the more I did them, the better they got. Good pacing and just enough challenge.
I'll have to check out her other series too. Thanks!

Tags
longevity, premix, tracie long