Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box

Old 06-24-14, 02:38 PM  
sherry7899

shred emulsifier blender

I already have a Blendtec, but I caught this infomercial over the weekend. It looks similar to a Vitamix or Blendtec, but less expensive.

http://www.tryshred.com/?gclid=CKbxg...FXMR7Aod83QA0Q

Out of curiosity, does anyone have one? I will not be buying one, but I'm curious about the recipes that come with it.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-14, 10:29 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

After seeing the movie, I'm very interested in the recipes. They looked pretty good!
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-14, 10:38 PM  
sherry7899

I wonder if they will end up selling this at Bed Bath and Beyond with a separate cookbook someday....I saw a Nutribullet cookbook there a few weeks ago. I did not buy it since I have a Blendtec and most of the directions did not give exact measurements. The directions would say "fill to a line on the container" without a measurement given, so they would only work with the Nutribullet.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 01:46 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Yes, that could be the only problem with the emulsifier. The recipes are designed for it. I'm not sure why it's superior to a vitamix, especially since it's cheaper.
Old 07-24-14, 02:30 PM  
antbuko

Reminds me of the Montel Williams gadget - the Healthmaster, which is an infomercial, cheaper version of the Blendtec. Many negative reviews have surfaced since it's been on the market for awhile now. If I was in the market for one of these blenders, well heck, I'd take the plunge and get a Vitamix or BlendTec, but if I wanted the cheaper version I would wait for the Shred Emulsifier to prove itself. There really aren't many reviews out there yet.

I have the NutriBullet and it does a fine job of pulverizing greens and fruits and from what I have read, it is superior to the MagicBullet. So, even though it's the same manufacturer, it's not exactly the same product.
Old 07-24-14, 02:38 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I wonder if they will end up selling this at Bed Bath and Beyond with a separate cookbook someday....I saw a Nutribullet cookbook there a few weeks ago. I did not buy it since I have a Blendtec and most of the directions did not give exact measurements. The directions would say "fill to a line on the container" without a measurement given, so they would only work with the Nutribullet.
There's oodles of green smoothie recipes on the internet. Since your Blendtec is way bigger than the NutriBullet, I'm sure you could eyeball the quantities - a fistful of greens, a fistful of fruit and a teaspoon of boosters (almonds, chia seeds, etc), and a cup of spring or coconut water.

There's also oodles of Nutribullet specific recipes on the internet that you could adapt to your Blendtec. You can like Nutribullet on Facebook and capture some free recipes there too.

Your gadget is definitely superior, Sherry. Are you putting it to good use?
Old 07-24-14, 04:53 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I have a vitamix and it blends well but I can't figure out how the emulsifier blends differently or if it matters. The recipes they were making in the movie looked good. I can make smoothies with greens, some fruit and protein powder, but I haven't been able to figure out how to mix a bunch of vegetables and make it taste good. I do make broccoli soup and I have a recipe for green soup that is tolerable, but other times that I've tried to blend some things on my own it was so nasty I couldn't eat it (or drink it). Since I need veggies but they can be hard on my stomach, I thought blending them would help. That's why those recipes intrigued me so. The ones in the movie, that is.

Tags
blender, blenders