Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-14, 05:53 PM  
rose2boys

Sorry to be harsh, but

This looks HORRIBLE!! Yuck! Her crazy yelling & the bizarre "air" moves are the total antithesis of my workout mode. Sorry to those who are fans...just not for me..EVER! Looks stressful...
Old 12-15-14, 08:32 PM  
Gatorfan76

Wink

I'm sort of interested, but will definitely wait until a DRASTIC decrease in price
Old 12-15-14, 09:11 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I read more comments on Facebook. Some of the harder moves like the flying push-ups are in the bonus DVD called Opus. Even before I read that I figured there were modifiers. For example, Jillian has plyo push-ups in other dvds and I would do that instead of flying ones. A lot of the moves look like bodyweight moves that I have done before. I also thought phase one of body revolution was too easy and really only liked phases two and three. Phase three was tough but doable. Jillian wrote that this program will also build up like revolution did.

I also like her 3-2-1 formula which she uses in 30 day shred and ripped in 30. It has more cardio intervals than the revolution formula. I do use a rebounder for high impact moves. Her cardio is not choreographed so that I can use one.

So far it looks like I am the only one interested.
I agree with you, Helen. Phase One of Revolution was way too easy for me. I did each disc once and moved on. I ordered this and am looking forward to the challenge. I will be modifying as needed, so no flying push ups for me. LOL. I will work to my limitations and that's it. I have no idea how long it takes to get them, though.

Cheryl
Old 12-15-14, 10:03 PM  
Yoyogirl72

I bit

I just bought it. Jillian motivates me more than any other instructor. I need someone that pushes me cause God knows I really hate exercising but love the results! I did 2 back to back rotations of Body Revolution and no other rotation has ever inspired me to stick with it like that. Her format just works for me. And no, I won't be doing any flying anything! I plan to modify any moves that look scary. But I'll be inspired watching those that can do those moves! I Jillian!
Yoyogirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-14, 10:47 PM  
kitty12

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
I agree with you, Helen. Phase One of Revolution was way too easy for me. I did each disc once and moved on. I ordered this and am looking forward to the challenge. I will be modifying as needed, so no flying push ups for me. LOL. I will work to my limitations and that's it. I have no idea how long it takes to get them, though.

Cheryl
I completely skipped Phase 1 of Body Revolution, but these clips look nothing like Phase 2 or 3, which I did do. Will wait for reviews. I am sure that the actual workouts are not like what is portrayed in the clips, but really really really poor job of marketing.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-14, 10:56 PM  
twinkletoes

On the Bodyshred Facebook page someone said the moves look way too advanced and their reply was, "we did kick it up a notch, but dont worry! We have modifications for all of our moves so if you've taken the class in a gym, it should feel similar to that."
Old 12-16-14, 12:13 AM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty12 View Post
I completely skipped Phase 1 of Body Revolution, but these clips look nothing like Phase 2 or 3, which I did do. Will wait for reviews. I am sure that the actual workouts are not like what is portrayed in the clips, but really really really poor job of marketing.
I agree with you completely. Who is she marketing, just the elite athlete? She won't get much business that way. I thought the third and fourth Phase of Revolution was challenging, so I am hoping these will start out that way and maybe the clip is from the Opus, which is the elite athletes. When I get them, I will let you know how they are.

Cheryl
Old 12-16-14, 04:59 AM  
deineira

I really don't like Jillian Michaels in general, but these workouts look really interesting and challenging to me. I'll wait for reviews, but I'm definitely intrigued...
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 09:27 AM  
punkrockmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyogirl72 View Post
I just bought it. Jillian motivates me more than any other instructor. I need someone that pushes me cause God knows I really hate exercising but love the results! I did 2 back to back rotations of Body Revolution and no other rotation has ever inspired me to stick with it like that. Her format just works for me. And no, I won't be doing any flying anything! I plan to modify any moves that look scary. But I'll be inspired watching those that can do those moves! I Jillian!
Oo I'm glad someone on here wasn't scared away by the videos. Looking forward to your opinions after viewing/trying it. I love body revolution too. I'm so tempted. Maybe I'll check craigslist in a few months for people who bought it & just let it sit there unopened.
punkrockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 09:49 AM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
Honestly, I am getting so sick and tired of these instructors trying to outdo one another with workouts that are now becoming TOO extreme and downright dangerous. Of course, Jillian is trying to be the mother of all extreme workouts, no surprise there. I know maybe one person in my life who could even do some of those moves I just seen in that clip. He's a CrossFit instructor and his life is fitness. The rest of us? Seriously??? Call me weird but I don't even have a desire to do workouts that crazy. That is some insane stuff and WAY overpriced,too!
Agree!
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bodyshred, jillian michaels