Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-31-13, 11:05 PM  
MARIKA

Beauty Thread 2014!

I can't believe its the New Year The only thing I love more than workouts is Makeup/Skincare/Haircare. My best finds of 2013 were.... It Cosmetics. Love this line. The tightliner Mascara is awesome, made a rebuy and thats not often.The lipstsin/cheekstain is great too. The powder foundation that doesn't settle is brilliant. I just bought a kit on QVC and will report on that later. I also loved the lipstick/gloss dou from Dalton that ROCKED. Anyone looking for the natural look will love this. Doesnt drain your face void of color. I also bought the Hair Perfector Hot brush thing which is great , no regrets here. I also bought a Clarisonic Mia which I LOVE. My first Clarisonic was still going strong since I 1st got in 12/09 but the thought of it dying scared me so I bought a new one and sent the old one to DD.
Old 12-31-13, 11:40 PM  
seabliss

The It Cosmetics contour palette is great! Also, I learned a lot of great makeup tips from maskcara's blog. I thought I knew most of the tricks, but she taught me some great new ones and recommended some good, inexpensive products.
Old 01-01-14, 12:41 PM  
MARIKA

Oh my T3 Hairdryer is also great.
Old 01-01-14, 01:41 PM  
Footballnut

Well, I have always taken pretty good care of my skin, but haven't much been too passionate about any products in particular, but all that is going to have to change. I am 48 now and I am going to have to really break down and spend a little more money on some anti-aging skin care. Anyone have any raves along those lines?
Old 01-01-14, 01:44 PM  
Fit Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
Oh my T3 Hairdryer is also great.

I have one a bought cheap a few years ago and love it as well
Fit Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 01:59 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballnut View Post
... I am going to have to really break down and spend a little more money on some anti-aging skin care. Anyone have any raves along those lines?
I've heard great things about the Paula's Choice RESIST Anti Aging collection.

I have used different products from the same company for ages, and am definitely impressed.

They do sell a few things through drugstore.com, if you'd rather shop there.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 02:06 PM  
Footballnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
I've heard great things about the Paula's Choice RESIST Anti Aging collection.

I have used different products from the same company for ages, and am definitely impressed.

They do sell a few things through drugstore.com, if you'd rather shop there.
Thank you so much. I see she allows you to order samples. I love that, since I have sensitive skin. I went to Ulta this morning and about fell over at the prices. Guess a good anti-aging line doesn't come cheap.
Old 01-01-14, 02:37 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

My big tip I learned was, after washing my face, to take a soapy washcloth and gently wash around the eye to remove all the stubborn, lingering eyeliner. This got rid of a recurring stye problem I had.

I'm vegan and have extremely sensitive skin (just looking at most products is a problem) so I spent some money on higher-end stuff this year including the sampler from Odacite (the nighttime repair serum is the only thing I would buy separately. It is very, very spendy but got rid of blotchy redness and large pore problem I had with my pale skin. I don't wear face makeup, so everybody noticed this difference almost immediately), and this "medical grade" aloe lotion that eliminated a wacky rough elbow that had made sweaters unbearable for a decade. I'd even seen a doctor over that elbow, so that is a nice success. Believe me, I'd tried had coconut oil and skin brushing -- you name it.
Old 01-01-14, 04:25 PM  
met fan

Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes. My 19 year old son has terrible cystic acne. Two years ago he went on Accutane which really worked but then it came back. He does not want to go back on medication if he does not have too. Does anyone have ant recommendations for over the counter treatments? He really would like to try something simple without a lot of steps. Thanks.
met fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 04:47 PM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by met fan View Post
Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes. My 19 year old son has terrible cystic acne. Two years ago he went on Accutane which really worked but then it came back. He does not want to go back on medication if he does not have too. Does anyone have ant recommendations for over the counter treatments? He really would like to try something simple without a lot of steps. Thanks.
Acne.org has lotsbof information.
ellaenchanted is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, cosmetics, makeupalley, paula's choice, shapewear, skin care, spanx