Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-22-10, 02:27 PM  
Gardengirl

Haven't done the yoga one yet, but I hear ya about not being a huge yoga fan. I'm definitely going to try it this week and I'll report back.

I did the lower body one today. LOTS of lunges and some squats. She acknowledges that there were lots of lunges but she said . . . "they work". It was a decent 20 minute interval-type workout.

These are really great as add-ons to my cardio!
Old 06-17-10, 08:45 PM  
ella

10 Pound Slimdown with Chris Freytag on Exercise TV

Is anyone still using this workout-10 pound slimdown-with Chris Freytag? I really like the clips on Exercise TV but I have wonky knees and I'm not sure I can handle all those lunges and squats. Is there enough other exercises on it to warrant purchasing this one?

Ella
ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-10, 07:10 AM  
beatchica

I downloaded this from Exercise TV.

I like Chris Freytag but found this series not that usable for the following reasons. The one that I have been using the most is the Yoga workout.
I am a P90x grad 2x and love workouts that are paced so that you can lift heavy enough weights to stimulate muscle growth.

10 Pound Slim Down Cons:
-The 10 pound slim down series is to fast to use heavy weights.
- Some of the moves felt awkward and did not have enough focus on the muscles worked, example the runners lunge was hard on the knees without focusing on exercising the leg muscles.
- The exercise do not flow well together, moving from one exercise to another did not sequence smoothly, but instead felt choppy.
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-10, 07:35 AM  
ella

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatchica View Post
I downloaded this from Exercise TV.

I like Chris Freytag but found this series not that usable for the following reasons. The one that I have been using the most is the Yoga workout.
I am a P90x grad 2x and love workouts that are paced so that you can lift heavy enough weights to stimulate muscle growth.

10 Pound Slim Down Cons:
-The 10 pound slim down series is to fast to use heavy weights.
- Some of the moves felt awkward and did not have enough focus on the muscles worked, example the runners lunge was hard on the knees without focusing on exercising the leg muscles.
- The exercise do not flow well together, moving from one exercise to another did not sequence smoothly, but instead felt choppy.
Thank you for sharing. This is exactly the kind of info I am looking for.
ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-10, 07:35 AM  
glowacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella View Post
Is anyone still using this workout-10 pound slimdown-with Chris Freytag? I really like the clips on Exercise TV but I have wonky knees and I'm not sure I can handle all those lunges and squats. Is there enough other exercises on it to warrant purchasing this one?

Ella
I've been using 10 Pounds Slimdown since Exercise TV first got them in April (in combination w/ Cindy Whitmarsh's Incredible Abs series) and I still love them. I think they're intense, efficient and compact. There ARE a lot of lunges and squats, though. You might get some use from Upper Body, Core and Yoga. But Lower Body and Total Body Blast aren't great for wonky knees.
glowacki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chris freytag, exercise tv, exercisetv, walking workouts