Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-20-10, 05:59 PM  
CHAPLYN61

I actually look forward to these workouts and even though they are tough, there is no dread factor. I like the fact that I'm doing 4 different workouts. I was looking forward to getting the new Slim in 6, but doing the same workout 6times, 12 times and 18 times in a row ( even though this is very effective workout) has a dread factor for me. Can't wait to get the dvd
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 06:35 PM  
Honeydew

so has anyone downloaded these?... and problems? I don't have the exercise tv channel so i may have to download..customer service sound iffy.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 07:58 PM  
Gardengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
so has anyone downloaded these?... and problems? I don't have the exercise tv channel so i may have to download..customer service sound iffy.
Well, yes. I have. Downloaded them today. But, I just found out that you don't get the abs workout in the download. WTH??? I e-mailed about it but haven't heard back. But if I could only get 4 of the 5 the abs one is the one I'd want least. Have plenty of those. Would rather do Shaun T's standing abs anyway! Lol!

So today I did the upper body circuit. I think I will like these. I LOVE that they are only 20 minutes each and that they are circuits. I LOVE circuits. Here's what I remember off the top of my head: 4 circuits of about 4 exercises. Each circuit repeats twice with a short active break before heading to the next circuit. These are not Jillian Michaels tough. I'd say more intermediate. She works the upper body and adds in some lower body moves to keep the heart rate elevated (i.e. hammer curls with some balancing lunges). At the end of each circuit she does some cardio (jumping jacks, jump rope, skating, etc.) Exercises that I can remember are: pushups, rows, overhead press, lateral raises, front raises, triceps kickback, overhead triceps press, and hammer curls. Short warm up and short cool down - clocked in at about 23 minutes.
Old 04-21-10, 11:19 AM  
Honeydew

thanks gardengirl! I find it odd that they didn't include the ab workout. Shoot, now I have to decide between these and powerfit harmony. One thing I just thought of, are there any cardio workouts in this dvd?...
Old 04-21-10, 11:22 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
thanks gardengirl! I find it odd that they didn't include the ab workout. Shoot, now I have to decide between these and powerfit harmony. One thing I just thought of, are there any cardio workouts in this dvd?...
See Judy's post above yours. No straight cardio routines but it seems some cardio is included at the end of each circuit.

I hope these ship soon because I've recently fallen in with Chris and can't wait to do these!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 11:38 AM  
Honeydew

ah, ok! these sound short enough that I can always add in some cardio if I wanted.
Old 04-21-10, 02:16 PM  
Gardengirl

Quote:
ah, ok! these sound short enough that I can always add in some cardio if I wanted.
Since they are circuit workouts without much time in between circuits, they do have a cardio effect. But no, there is not cardio only workout. And yes, since they are only 20 minutes, it would be easy to add some cardio on either before or after.

I don't know that I will use them as Chris has laid out though. I'm walking outdoors and really enjoying that. So I'm thinking this:

M: Walk
T: Upper Circuit
W: Walk
Th: Lower Circuit
F: Walk
Sat: Total Body Circuit
Sun: Yoga (I'm generally not a Yoga girl, but I do need to add more stretching and if this is a pretty good workout, I'll use it. Or else I'll sub something else. I mainly got this for the upper/lower/total body workouts.)

Somewhere in there I probably need to add a day or 2 of short abs work. Might add a Shaun T standing abs w/o on Tuesday and Thursday.
Old 04-21-10, 02:41 PM  
Gyggles1

These are definitely circuit and does have some cardio in it but I also believe it does have a cardio effect, I was breathing pretty heavy & also sweating quite a bit today and I did Lower Body & Upper body both today back to back it was a good workout. I'd like to have the yoga dvd of hers but I really need to quit spending so for now I will just keep what Im doing On Demand. I do love Chris though, she's a great instructor!
I don't do much Yoga but did an Inhale this week so that was nice so I guess I could just keep doing those instead but like the idea of her 20 min one too. so you could add cardio to it easy especially if you only did 1 & something before or after it.

Love this message by Jessica Smith
"every step you take is one step closer to your goal"
Gyggles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 09:13 AM  
Gardengirl

I'm back to report in that I heard from Exercise TV about the missing abs workout on the download. They apologized and the abs workout is now in my cue and downloading as we speak. So you do get the entire workout for $14.95 dowload price. I will, however, have to burn these to DVD again.
Old 04-22-10, 10:12 AM  
Honeydew

Can anyone tell me what the yoga workout is like?....I'm not a huge fan of yoga.

Tags
chris freytag, exercise tv, exercisetv, walking workouts