Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-10, 02:46 AM  
myndee15
VF Supporter

Slim in Six results?

I am in my third week of slim in six. I started burn it up this week. So far have not gotten any results with inch loss or weight loss. I have been eating clean and also doing cardio for five or six days along with slim in six for six days a week. I am working out hard with this program, but so far no results. I am getting a little frustrated. For those who have done this program, when did you see any results meaning losing inches. I would hate to see no results after doing this program for six weeks.

myndee
myndee15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-10, 07:11 AM  
furmomof6

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-10, 09:04 AM  
bk1

I did Slim in 6 around 6 years ago. I was on the Jenny Craig program at the same time and lost 20 pounds total in 10 weeks. But I started the Burn It Up workout around week 2 because the other workouts were too easy for me. (Already exercised at gym.) My sister also tried the program and said she saw results too, but she mostly used Keep It Up (again a veteran exerciser.)
bk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-10, 09:22 AM  
sunday

I am on my fourth week of Slim Series; I love it! The variety of a different workout each day is nice. I have lost inches (though I'm also dieting) at a rate of 1/2 per week each from my waist, thighs, and hips. I think the weights help here. Maybe you could transition to SS?
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-10, 02:05 PM  
zumzum

How much cardio are you doing on top of Slim in Six? I haven't done a full rotation of SinS, but based on my experience with SS and similar programs, I think my body would go crazy and try to hold onto everything if I did a full rotation AND extra cardio on top. I've found that I do better-both in terms of how I feel and how I look-if I keep the intensity a bit lower to keep the stress levels down. Anytime I ramp things up too much, I feel cranky and achy and I end up gaining weight, not losing it.
zumzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-10, 05:23 PM  
sunday

For me, I'm not adding anything to the SS program. The only thing I've done is either do Tonique Mat in place of Cool it Off, and/or do Tonique 1 in place of Firm it Up.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-10, 07:45 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

Each time I've done Slim in 6 or Slim Series I haven't seen any inch loss until about 4.5-5 weeks into the program. After that it was amazing. Nothing trims inches from my waist better than these.
Old 06-18-10, 03:27 AM  
myndee15
VF Supporter

Thanks for all the responses to my post. I am doing five to six days of low intensity cardio like walking on treadmill or the elliptical. When ever I do too much intensity as far as cardio, my body seems to rebel by not giving me results. So far I am handling the slim in six program along with cardio. I have to do cardio or I will gain weight. I am still trying to lose some pounds. I will hang in there with this program. I am doing "Burn It Up" now and it is hard. I am hoping my body will get use this work quickly because it is hard.

myndee
myndee15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-10, 07:11 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

The one and only time I tried a Si6 rotation it was too hard on my knees so I didn't stick with it. But what I have repeatedly heard was echoed here: results start to happen near the end of the rotation, and everyone has been pretty pleased.
Good luck!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-10, 09:53 AM  
Lauracat
VF Supporter

OK, I'll be the one spoilsport here . I stuck it out for the six weeks, hoping for the magic at the end, and it never happened. All I got was tired and a slight inch loss from my already puny arms! I hadn't changed my eating, however.
Lauracat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slim in 6