Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-19-14, 08:52 AM  
Richie

Can Tae-bo be done (properly) on a rebounder / mini trampoline?
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-14, 11:29 AM  
juberann

Richie....I'm not one to comment on the rebounder question but with the cardio in Taebo there is a lot of side to side movement that might make it difficult to do on a rebounder but hopefully someone else will comment that is more experienced on one and make some modification recommendations. There isn't alot of really high impact moves in TaeBo if that is what you are concerned about. I will be interested to hear what others have to say.
Old 10-19-14, 11:34 AM  
juberann

I did Core Express last night for the first time ever (from the AMPED series, its on the Bonus disc). I had avoided it in the past because it is only 30 minutes and I assumed it would be too easy. Again, I have been humbled by Billy and gang. It was a great 30 minute power workout with lots of really creative standing core work. I was sweating buckets and burned 470 calories. Not bad for a half hour!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-14, 01:42 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
Richie....I'm not one to comment on the rebounder question but with the cardio in Taebo there is a lot of side to side movement that might make it difficult to do on a rebounder but hopefully someone else will comment that is more experienced on one and make some modification recommendations. There isn't alot of really high impact moves in TaeBo if that is what you are concerned about. I will be interested to hear what others have to say.
This. I can't imagine doing Tae Bo on a rebounder, it seems like a recipe for disaster (at least for me). But it is not high impact. Jacks can be modified, etc, but I had to do very little in the way of modification to keep Tae Bo low impact.
Old 10-19-14, 03:17 PM  
Anny

Thank you for the rotation schedule. I didn't have that!

I find Taebo to be pretty low impact, I am recovering from a heel injury and found walking workouts from Jessica and Leslie were aggravating the pain. That's not happening with Taebo thought I do modify the jumping jacks, I march instead of being on my toes or jogging. And I feel like I get a good workout still.. I'm intermediate and the change in workouts to Taebo has restarted my weight loss, I lost a kg last week after nothing for weeks.

Judy, I did Core Express last week and loved it! Cardio and abs and upper body.
Old 10-19-14, 08:02 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Richie,
I have a mini trampoline and would say the space isn't big enough for doing the proper Tae Bo steps, just as Judy already mentioned. All one can do is shuffle a bit from side to side on it.

Judy,
that's great to know, I'll have to give that one a try this coming week!
The calorie burn is awesome, WTG!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-14, 01:52 AM  
juberann

Anny, that's GREAT TaeBo gave you a weight loss "boost", same thing happened to me. My arms are looking slimmer as is my waistline.
I just got TaeBo Advanced and Classic in the mail yesterday so I will try those out after another week of AMPED
Old 10-20-14, 02:56 PM  
Richie

Thanks for the rebounder replies everyone!
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-14, 03:59 PM  
pharma_gal

Has anyone tried his newer workouts like Cardio Explosion, Cardio Inferno etc.? Any thoughts? Thanks.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-14, 05:58 PM  
geojill

Okay, so I've been inspired. I've pulled out my live basic tapes and will do one tonight after my daughter's music lesson! I loved what Tae Bo did for me then burned out so badly after going through instructor training I couldn't do it for years. But it is such a great all over workout I think I'll pick it back up again!

Tags
billy bands, billy blanks, tae bo, taebo