Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-14, 06:14 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

Julie that's frustrating! I hope things get worked out quick.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 09:09 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliel View Post
I ordered the right one.
they shipped me the wrong one!

...and in just minutes, I've already got an email from Mary. Guess it happened to someone else too!
Oh good. I saw your post about the error and was hoping you'd ordered from Mary!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-14, 01:05 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemygreatdane View Post
My computer won't play my DVDs! I'm going to have to figure out what I'm going to do for travel. I have an old Toshiba; well it's probably almost 5 yrs old now. The discs play on my sister's Mac, so I guess it's my computer. They play fine on the tv too. Well next thing you know I'll be guying a new computer because of this. That's not crazy? Right?
A 5-year-old computer? Buy a new one! Let P90 be the impetus!
Old 10-03-14, 01:34 PM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemygreatdane View Post
My computer won't play my DVDs! I'm going to have to figure out what I'm going to do for travel. I have an old Toshiba; well it's probably almost 5 yrs old now. The discs play on my sister's Mac, so I guess it's my computer. They play fine on the tv too. Well next thing you know I'll be guying a new computer because of this. That's not crazy? Right?
Yes, a 5 year old PC is considered old now. If you are not ready to purchase a new PC, what about a portable DVD player?
Old 10-03-14, 04:32 PM  
pharma_gal

How much impact is there in this set? Are there jump squats, burpees, mountain climbers etc? or is the cardio more stead state aerobics? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-14, 04:54 PM  
Mishelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliel View Post
I got P90X3 instead of P90. bummer!
The same exact thing happened to me. Customer service was gracious and told me to gift the wrong order I received. I just received notification that p90 is on route...fingers crossed that this will be the right order.
Old 10-04-14, 12:06 AM  
ilovemygreatdane

I knew I could count on you guys for support. I'm probably going computer shopping this weekend.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-14, 11:40 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

any more reviews? i'm impatiently waiting for my set! it probably won't arrive until the weekend. BB thought i was "confused". ha ha.

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-14, 12:20 PM  
laurajhawk

*Edited to remove the implication that this workout is too easy (I originally said "a bit on the easy side"). Since it's a basic weight workout, it can be as hard as you want by increasing the weights.

I did Sculpt A this morning. I enjoyed it, although I may only do it one more time before moving to Sculpt B. I was still sweaty and worked-out by the end, though.

I was leery of the band and door attachment because my workout room is laid out a little strangely, but it worked fine. I had my back to the TV during the band exercises, but each exercise is demonstrated before you start, so no problem. I used dumbbells for all the exercises except the door-attachment ones; so does Tony; one exerciser uses the band for everything. I thought the band was a little light, for me, except for triceps; I'll see whether I have a heavier band in good condition for next time.

The exercises are straightforward. I used 7# dumbbells throughout and it was plenty. You do 16 reps of everything, and Tony talks you through at a fairly slow pace, which makes it harder.

You're told that you'll need your taped "H" for all the workouts, but you really don't need it for Sculpt A. It's used for a few of the warmup exercises, like press jacks where Tony exhorts you to jump your feet to the outside boxes, but it's really not necessary.

The exercisers are a young woman who modifies; a young man in very good shape who demonstrates full/intensified versions of the exercises; and a 61-year-old man who shows the "base" exercises and occasionally pretends to be confused or have bad form so that Tony can correct him.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-14, 01:25 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I have done Sculpt A, Sweat A, and Ab Ripper A. The only one I thought was easy-ish was Ab Ripper. I only used the band for the tricep move. I used dumbbells for the two back exercises. (Sculpt)

I previewed Sculpt C and there is a gal named Anna that Tony referred to as Pop Sugar. That sounds familiar to me. Anyone know who that might be?

I also previewed Speed Sculpt and it's another one that will use the band for several moves.

ETA: never mind, I found her. http://www.popsugar.com/author/anna-renderer

Tags
new p90, p90, tony horton