Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 04-07-05, 05:29 PM  
zsa-zsa

Arrow Blue or Grey High Step. . . help me decide!

Hi,
I'm asking for a high step for my birthday, but can't decide which one I want. On the one hand, the blue one is cute, and is $49.92 at Wal-Mart.com, so I could also pick out (almost) any DVD I want, to go with it. On the other hand, the grey one at Cathe's site matches my club step, plus it has an extra riser (which I don't really need), and comes with the Cathe's High Step Circuit DVD. What would you do?

Is the blue one really as cute as I think it is?
Is Cathe's High Step Circuit as fun is I hope it will be?
Decisions, decisions. . .
zsa-zsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-05, 05:40 PM  
kali1

I'd get the grey one. You could just purchase the topper for only $29.99 (at Cathe's site) then you wouldn't have to be bothered with the extra riser.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-05, 07:30 PM  
Deanna
VF Supporter

If it were for me I would go for the step from Cathe's site. Very few of the items I own actually match, but if I'm given a choice, I would definitely go for the matching stuff.

I get the feeling you'd prefer the blue one though? Could you, ahem, just happen to open one of the boxes at Walmart and take a good look at it?
Old 04-07-05, 07:59 PM  
rykram

I got the blue one from wal-mart, and I, uh, think it is rather cute
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-05, 08:40 PM  
fitnancy

I've got the blue one, and I do like the way it looks - makes my workout space a little more cheerful. If you order from fitness wholesale (I think it's fwonline.com) they include a Cathe workout.
fitnancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-05, 10:17 PM  
zsa-zsa

Wal-Mart

Thanks for the input, everyone, I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna
I get the feeling you'd prefer the blue one though? Could you, ahem, just happen to open one of the boxes at Walmart and take a good look at it?
I wish I could! I haven't been able to find any at my local Wal-Marts, just online. I've been looking in the sporting goods department--should I be looking elsewhere in the store? I also checked at Big 5 today, but they didn't have any either. Does anyone know what other stores would carry it?

Deanna, I think you've hit the nail on the head. I really think I do prefer the blue one, as long as it looks like I imagine it to look. I guess I need to see one in order to be sure that's what I want.
Old 04-08-05, 10:56 AM  
bbunt

I just check Walmart.com and the Blue one comes with the Cathe workout as well. So its your preference.
bbunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-05, 11:01 AM  
Davida

I got the blue one but then returned it when I realized it was a shade of blue that clashed with my purple risers and just about everything else I have. It is sort of a periwinkle or French blue. I bought the grey top and two more purple risers - the gray looks fine with the purple IMO.

Davida
Davida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-05, 03:59 PM  
zsa-zsa

Thanks!

Davida--thanks for the description. Periwinkle is one of my favorite colors, so that's the color I was hoping it really was. I feel more confident now, ordering it without having actually seen it.

bbunt--thanks, I hadn't noticed it came with a video. My question is, does Cathe's All-Step workout use the High Step? I thought it was a regular step workout. Does anyone know if the Blue High Step is ever packaged with the High Step Circuit DVD?

Thanks everyone for helping me out!!
Old 04-08-05, 04:51 PM  
bbunt

http://www.cathe.com/High_Step_Launch.htm
This is the link on the Cathe Website. Note that it indicates that it is bundled with the High Step workout.

I thought the reason she created these workouts was to be bundled with the high step. I would contact Walmart and see which workout is included. Also the format may be a deciding factor. DVD or VHS.
bbunt is offline   Reply With Quote