Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-16, 12:45 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

not exactly the same, but I went to Disneyland when I was 7 months, and my youngest child was too young/short to go on some of the rides, which worked out for me.... I was able to accompany him on some of the kiddy rides.

I used the pool at our community complex at home when I was pregnant. we lived in a townhouse and that pool wasn't used too often, but it was well-maintained.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 12:49 PM  
amery

I did! I did with two pregnancies. No problems.
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 02:34 PM  
Indy

Sorry no waterpark for me. It isn't germs that keep me out but walking around in an amusement park in my bathing suit isn't exactly thrilling me.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 05:14 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Sorry no waterpark for me. It isn't germs that keep me out but walking around in an amusement park in my bathing suit isn't exactly thrilling me.
No matter what I see in the mirror, I'll now be comforted by the fact that I prefer it to a brain eating amoeba
Old 06-25-16, 10:07 AM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Zika reported in Texas

There are a bunch of Zika cases reported in Texas. Although thre is no evidence it can be transmitted through waterpark activities it certainly can be transmitted via mosquitoes.

I work at a hospital that is addressing Zika infections and it is devastating.
Old 06-25-16, 08:17 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP View Post
There are a bunch of Zika cases reported in Texas. Although thre is no evidence it can be transmitted through waterpark activities it certainly can be transmitted via mosquitoes.

I work at a hospital that is addressing Zika infections and it is devastating.
It's probably not a prevalent as it used to be but E. coli contamination still occurs in water parks. Swimmers are supposed to bathe with soap before entering the water but you have to wonder about that.
~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-16, 01:41 AM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
It's probably not a prevalent as it used to be but E. coli contamination still occurs in water parks. Swimmers are supposed to bathe with soap before entering the water but you have to wonder about that.
~Beth
Where there are people, there is E. coli. You cannot escape it. You can minimize it but that's all. On the other hand, most strains aren't virulent. You might even improve your own microbiome.

Spoken with the jaundiced tones of a long time Infection Control/Prevention practioner.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-16, 07:19 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
You couldn't pay me to go to a water park. There is too much crap and other things in the water.

A woman just died from that brain eating amoeba, Naegleria fowleri, after going to a water park.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/22/health...ohio-teenager/

Make sure none of the water goes up your nose.
This is why being pregnant and going to a water park would worry me... not the physical side of it.

I can't stand those places. ICK!!!
Old 06-26-16, 07:35 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
This is why being pregnant and going to a water park would worry me... not the physical side of it.

I can't stand those places. ICK!!!
Same here. I haven't been to one in ages because I got sick the last time I did. I do go to a public pool, but try to go at off times when it's not crowded with little kids peeing (or worse) in the pool.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-16, 08:12 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I do go to a public pool, but try to go at off times when it's not crowded with little kids peeing (or worse) in the pool.
A local pool had banned little kids from the big pool for just that reason. Then there was a floater in the big pool anyway. Little kids were allowed back in the next year.