Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-25-22, 09:32 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Unlimited Texts and Data! Oh Look! Unlimited Hidden Fees! 9/25

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 09:41 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I kind of freaked out not seeing our regular posting thread as Vantreesta posted in the week ago thread - no problem, but figured out what happened... My Milwaukee friend left this morning, so getting back to normal around here. I'm planning on doing some stuff outside - mowing, bailing out my water feature, and weeding. I'll wait till frost to cut back my perennials.

Still thinking of Beth and hoping she's OK with the hurricane in Canada.

Vantreesta, nice that you went to my friend's shop. I should make one more trip out to the Ren Fest before they close for the year - one weekend to go!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-25-22, 12:50 PM  
Vantreesta

Anita, yeah, I didn't want to mess things up but wanted to reply to the previous week and since I was on my phone it was too hard to try to copy your previous post to this week's. I loved your friend's anise soap and eucalyptus mint but I already have bar soaps I need to use up and those scents weren't in the lotion so I ended up getting pumpkin spice, honey spice and dragon's blood. My favorite pumpkin spice is at Opinicus Soaps but their prices seem outrageous this year so I wasn't buying theirs this year. It was insanely busy there yesterday! We got there about our usual time, around 8:45, but there were already so many people there that we were back by the ticket booth! When we left around 2:30 or so there was an unbelievable number of cars in lines backed up ridiculously far to get in. Hubby figured some of them would be waiting 1-2 hours just to get in and park. I don't know if it was the great weather, the fact that there's only one wknd left after this one or possibly the article in the Star Tribune or some combination of those but we have never seen it so busy. I'm curious if today was just as nuts. We probably won't be going next wknd. We have D&D on Sunday and I want to go to the rendezvous on Saturday so we'll see what shakes out. I'm not ready for it to be over but not getting up at 5:50 in order to get ready and get there will be nice!

You are awfully industrious for a Sunday! All I had planned was to make my pumpkin pancakes but all I've wanted to do was laze around and now the game starts in like half an hour so I probably will be making pancakes tmrw instead. We've been so go-go-go on the wknds that it feels nice to just sit around.

I can't remember if I already said this but my decorations are almost all done. My plan for tmrw is to take all the extra stuff downstairs so I can get upstairs all cleared up. Then I can better see what all is left and where there is space to put more. Then I can pack up extra stuff and put the tubs back in the closet. Right now the tubs that are done are piled in my gym so nowhere to workout in there till those are put away. I have got to get back to working out this week. My body is feeling achy from not doing it and my eating is out of control again.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 06:36 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This weekend has gone quickly. Yesterday, we putzed around the house. It was cloudy with highs in the low 70s. What a change. Today, we took Dad out for lunch and over to their house for French Silk Pie in celebration of his birthday tomorrow. Lunch was great and the French Silk Pie was pretty good. Dad seemed to enjoy it.

We are going to Huntington next week. DH's mom will have a minor surgery on her foot on October 5 and we'll go in on that Monday, the 3rd. That's assuming the remnants of the hurricane cooperate on that timing. We'll be there for a few days until she recovers enough to stay by herself at night. In the meantime, we have a lot to do to clean up the house and get packed.

Anita - I sent Beth an email and a message on Messenger. I'll let you know if/when I hear back. I hope you had a good visit with your friend.

Vantreesta - Congrats on the progress you've made on your Halloween tasks! It's neat you met Anita's friend. I'm glad you found some soaps you could use.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 06:50 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Just heard from Beth. Here's her message...

Hi! Thanks! It’s so good to hear from you! We are fine. Lost power and cell/internet service for about 36 hours but all is well now. Carl’s Mom is still without power but we are helping her out! We lost a branch of one tree in the yard but no damage

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-25-22, 07:12 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

And I heard from Paula. She does NOT have COVID. Only a couple of her family have it and it sounds like the rest are keeping her busy.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-26-22, 07:43 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on taking a walk, mowing my yard, and putzing. If the weather is good, I'll be washing my windows outside with the hose attachment.

Vantreesta, I heard about the line waiting to get into the Ren Fest this weekend - wow! Nice to hear my friend has some liquid products also - I just don't use bar soaps much... I'm debating about the sit around weekends - I liked having my friend up here and kind of miss doing things with Adelija. I look forward to the co-op as I hope there will be people there to do things with on weekends and through the week. I hope you'll get back to working out!

Laura, thanks for getting in touch with Beth - glad she and her family are doing OK with the hurricane. Happy B-Day to your dad! Glad Paula is doing OK out there! Hope all goes well with DH's mom's recovery after the foot surgery - is the hurricane you mention the one coming in to Florida?

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-26-22, 03:30 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It has been a beautiful day here - sunshine, moderate temps, and low humidity. I've been in and out all day and it has been nice to be out in it. This morning, I went to the YMCA and did the strength machines. This afternoon, I took DH to his chiropractor appointment. While I was waiting for him, I called and got the schedule for my MIL's appointments - pre-op, surgery, and follow-up. I've never worked with a medical group that just assigned dates and times. But, it's all scheduled now and everybody should be on the same page.

Anita - Yeah, we'll be experiencing the remnants of Ian. We're projected to get wind and lots of rain, but nothing like those in the actual hurricane zone. It would be nice if you could have a university student, someone more independent and not as reliant on you for transportation consistently, yet someone with whom you could schedule activities and things to do.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-27-22, 08:19 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on getting my vaccinations for flu and Covid this morning, then going for a walk. I'm holding off on the window washing till this weekend when the weather will be warmer and the winds will be down. I mowed yesterday, but except for a few places in the shade where grass grew, everything else was pretty much done growing for the season. Next time, I'll start collecting leaves in the mower bag. Oh, I got the sinus washing kit my doctor asked me to get - tried it. It's a mess of drips, but otherwise felt OK - don't know how much I need it though as my sinuses and nasal passages are already clear...

Laura, isn't it weird how nice weather is before a big storm hits in a few days? Of course, the group that gave me Adelija wanted me to take another student this year, but I passed and probably won't take another student at the co-op - too weird living in a senior center when you're in high school and my place there won't be a totally second bedroom living space.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-27-22, 05:44 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This morning, I got some stuff arranged that has been sitting around. This afternoon, I went for my infusion. This evening, we'll kick back and I'll probably sleep pretty well tonight.

Anita - Yeah, a senior center isn't exactly learning about living in America in general for an exchange student. I need to get those shots as well. I wanted to wait until sometime in October for the flu shot to last through the season. But I heard the other day that the peak may be higher than usual. So maybe when we get back.

Laura's Workout Mantras: