Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-22, 12:55 PM  
JBliff

Yesterday's workout was Body Combat with the original Les Mills instructors (50 minutes) + 15 minutes of yoga.

Waves to all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-22, 09:38 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

My friend Chris and I are spending the weekend at a cabin in North Georgia. Tomorrow we are hiking and Saturday we are white water rafting. It’s a bit cooler here and we have a gorgeous cabin on a wide creek. More details tomorrow.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-22, 07:40 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was lower body strength training + 35 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - Sounds like a fun weekend!

Waves to all. Have a great weekend.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-22, 08:30 AM  
Vantreesta

Enjoy your fun wknd away, Karen!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-22, 06:32 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

We had a couple nice hikes! The first was easy to moderate, about 2.1 miles. The second was 5.3 miles and strenuous and then we cracked on another .8 mikes to see a waterfall. Great exercise. Very shady and felt comfortably warm to cool. Beautiful deep woods. We did get a little lost and ended up at the wrong trailhead parking lot but a lovely couple we met briefly went out of their way and took us back to the right trailhead. There are still lots of good people around.

White water rafting in am.

Hey what kind of weather are you all having? We had no rain today.
Old 09-09-22, 08:55 PM  
Vantreesta

Sounds like a great day, Karen!

It's actually I think 59 here now. Got up to the low 70s but we got a big rain this afternoon. For me it's been great! I really needed a break from the sun.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 09-10-22, 04:11 PM  
Vantreesta

The week was a bust for workouts. I got my orthotics yesterday and did a little shopping in them after. They felt totally fine but I did notice after I got home and took them off the big toe joints were a little achy. I'm not worried though since they're actually being made to work like they're supposed to so it seems normal to me that there would be some soreness. The pedorthist seemed surprised and impressed at my twice a day toe yoga.

I've painted some wood cutouts of haunted houses, a ghost, a jack-o'-lantern, and block type signs that say Boo and Eek in the last couple days. I just partially painted a Styrofoam skull, waiting for it to dry enough to do the rest of it. I have two more to do in different colors. Last night I finally started my Beetlejuice wreath but this morning it was obvious I didn't use enough tape to secure the pool noodle together so today I unwrapped all 65 yds of black chenille yarn and had hubby help me do a better tape job. This time I'm waiting till at least tonight to make sure it's gonna hold before I wrap it again.

Old 09-10-22, 08:16 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie I love hearing about your Halloween decorations. A Beetlejuice wreath! Wowza. How long does it generally take you to get ready for Halloween? Do you start collecting materials weeks to months in advance? And has Halloween always been your favorite season? I bet it’s pretty normal to have some soreness with custom orthotics at first.

We did our whitewater rafting trip today and had a blast. Boy we are tired. We did 10 miles on the river. This was class 3 and 4 rapids. Class 4 is an 8 feet drop or more. Very exciting! No one fell out. Of course this is a very wet experience. What a great core workout. You use your whole core and not really your arms to row.

I probably won’t post tomorrow as we are traveling back home. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 09-11-22, 01:13 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Vannie: I have trouble with adjusting to new shoes and/or inserts, too. It just does a number on your foot until it gets broken in. I got a new pair of Hokas last weekend (bondi 7) and they fit so much better than my clifton 8's. The toe box on these new shoes is wider and taller. I looked at the bondi 8's but they changed the material over the toes, so I bought 2 more pairs online to hold me over for a while.

Karen: Sounds like a great trip!!!!

JBliff: How are you doing? Have you tried any of the Lift with Cee workouts on YouTube? or Caroline Girvan?

Cher: How are you all doing?

Check in:
Workouts for me have been very few this past week- mostly walking. I did have a physical that included a cardio stress test. Did OK on it and oddly enough my plantar fasciitis didn't flare.

I have no other excuses other than too much going on and I just went through our 33rd wedding anniversary, which is my second without him. So it's made my motivation tank a bit. But I hope to turn it around this week with slightly cooler weather and a mini trip coming up soon that might revive me a bit. All of this - and maybe some better personal scheduling, lol!

Plus, KCM's RT is staring me in the face! I am SO VERY MUCH NOT READY!

Waves to all!!!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-22, 10:12 PM  
Vantreesta

We went to the Ren Fest again today, met our friends there. Up at 5:50 to walk Cyric and get ready then over 12k steps from about 8:30-3:15ish. It was a lot of fun. Always good to see our friends but hubby and I also really enjoy visiting with the vendor friends we've made over the years as well.

Hoping I can be diligent and manage my time better this week as I need to clean and want to workout and decorate and keep working on crafts. Tall order for a girl who sees shiny things at every turn!

Karen, this is the first year I've really jumped into making decorations. I've made some things in the past but never to the extent of the plans/ideas this year. I usually start setting up the day after Labor Day so I'm behind this year. I have always loved Halloween. I think when I was a kid Christmas was probably my favorite holiday though (like my mom).

Gibbee, that's great that Hoka has finally made the toe box bigger. I started wearing them in probably 2014 or so but I had to switch to Altras bc the toe box was too small on the Hokas. I love my Altras!