Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-22, 12:11 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Xtrain Burn Sets Biceps & Triceps + 15 minutes of yoga + 20 minutes of pilates.

Karjoy - Your mention of putting ice in your bra makes me think of the professional cyclists who put ice packs on their necks during a race and wear an ice vest before and after the race to cool down. I used to love the Great British Baking Show with the original cast.

Vannie - I've tried watching Rocky Horror but never could get past the first 10 minutes of it. It's just so campy. I hope you are feeling better.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-22, 03:22 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Hi all!

I have been trying to keep track from afar, but not good at it, honestly.

I had been doing really good a week ago with my workouts.... getting in walking and some weights (mostly KCM for the RT) but this past week went downhill. Starting out again this week in hopes of sticking to a plan going forward. I've been using busy-ness and responsibilities as reasons to skip. Have even let my BF be an excuse. I've got to prioritize myself. I am truly hoping that when our workout area in our new headquarters building is finished I can use those facilities more often... no excuses when I have everything right there in front of me, right? LOL!

Hope everyone is well. Still keep up with T2B and Cher on occasion when I have two seconds to think. Lately DD and BF have kept me busy for different reasons. Plus my mom is starting to show some decline (mentally) and also physically (hip joint is bone on bone). My MIL is also struggling some, too... don't remember if I told you but she called me during my vacation in early August to tell me she had made a wrong turn in her new-to-her car and ended up on the city tennis courts. She couldn't figure out how to get off of them. Five (yes, 5) cops showed up to help her out. Needless to say, I am starting to feel overwhelmed with what might happen with Mom and MIL with these slips. I am also facing this coming Friday (what would have been our 33rd wedding anniversary). I thought I was on top of my grief, but I am not. Have melted into tears at the oddest times and not even while thinking of him. So frustrated with myself, but I know it is normal.

Waves to all. I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday weekend.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-22, 07:32 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Good to hear from you Gibbee, as always. I am sorry you are struggling with grief
a lot right now. Thinking of you often. And I am sorry about your Mom and MIL. I think I remember you have a brother. Is that correct? How is DD doing with her grief? Good for you for mostly keeping up with exercise. Can’t wait to hear about the workout area in your building.

Jbliff it was awful this morning. I ran with Heather. It was so humid it was cloudy. We were soaked when done, even with the ice down our sports bras. We were sloshing in our shoes. We thought maybe it was just us but 2 friends who ran in the same area said they suffered too. Resting tomorrow. Do you have any favorite Pilates moves? We do Vups at Burn and I like them. Always liked it when Cathe did Pilates 100s too.

We’re on St Simons Island for our anniversary. It’s so beautiful here breezy today.

Waves to Cher and Vannie.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-22, 09:57 PM  
Vantreesta

The dizziness is finally almost completely gone tonight, thanks. It's been a real bummer of a wknd stuck on the couch when the weather finally cooled off a little for a couple days. Back to 80s next week, I think. Anyway. I have had vertigo in the past, usually with nausea, but thankfully no nausea this time and it felt different somehow. I don't know. I get migraines sometimes and they suck but I'd rather one of those than lasting dizziness! I hope I will be able to do everything I want this week without a recurrence.

Karen, I had never heard of the Call the Midwife. But if it's wholesome I probably wouldn't watch anyway. I tend more toward supernatural/paranormal and crime shows. And I love horror movies, old and new! I love Vincent Price and actually Cyric's middle name is Vincent after him.

JB, definitely Rocky Horror is campy! And certainly not everyone's cup of tea. I've never seen the Great British Baking Show but I do watch the Halloween and Christmas baking competitions on Food Network. Love them!!

Gibbee, I'm sorry you're in a low spot right now. Grief is definitely a roller coaster and sometimes you just want to yell stop! Be gentle with yourself. I'm sorry about your mom and MIL too. It's so hard to see loved ones decline.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-22, 07:22 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hey guys. Resting today. Had a wonderful trip to St Simons. The island was very busy with Labor Dayers but we know lots of quiet spots and avoided the crowds. So beautiful!

Vannie glad the dizziness is gone. Good riddance.
Old 09-06-22, 10:38 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 25 minutes on the elliptical + low impact floor cardio with 1-lb hand weights, followed by some lower body work with the firewalker band + 15 minutes of yoga.

Gibbee - Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your mom & MIL. Hugs to you.

Karjoy - Your getaway sounds lovely.

Vannie - Glad to hear you are feeling better. I'm OK with the old horror movies (like Vincent Price era). I can't deal with the new horror movies with so much gore and violence.

Waves to everyone. Have a great day.
Old 09-06-22, 09:11 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: 45 min on the mill and watched a great documentary about the Aussies winning the America’s Cup race in 1983 after America had held the title for 132 years,
Old 09-07-22, 09:50 AM  
JBliff

Drive by checkin: yesterday's workout was a walk + upper body strength training, half using a kettlebell and half using regular weights.

Waves!
Old 09-07-22, 10:07 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Went to Burn tonight for a fun class: Plyo and core. Rounds of plyo exercises followed by core exercises. Nice to know there was a low impact break after each high impact exercise. This was lots of fun.
Old 09-08-22, 11:36 AM  
Vantreesta

We were at my father-in-law's for the long wknd so Monday was just driving home. I decided to take it a little easy on the workouts this week just in deference to the dizziness over the wknd, so I haven't run or lifted weights so far this week and yesterday I didn't do anything but toe yoga and walks. I slept so much and so good over the wknd and then came home to barely sleep at all Monday night and only a little better each night since so yesterday I was feeling it and ended up taking a nap shortly after breakfast. When I woke up I ran the errands I had put off the day before and when I got home the baseball game had started so I didn't do much of anything yesterday. 12 innings in the first game, half hour break and then game 2 of the doubleheader. Hubby had had enough by the time the first game was over and went to the basement to watch Babylon 5. Amazingly he didn't make any comments about the mess and overabundance of craft/Halloween stuff all over down there!

Tue 9/6 124 minutes
12 minutes (from 2 sessions toe yoga)
24 minutes (from S. Starr Happy Yoga S7E6 Sunflower Meadow, TV) 1st time
15 minutes (from Sharona's Hill -DISNEY'S HALLOWEEN / VILLAINS WALKING WEIGHTLOSS WORKOUT || Hocus Pocus, Villains, Parade Songs, NBC, YT) 1st time
10 minutes (from J. Reppel 10 Min. Shoulder & Thoracic Spine Mobility | Follow Along, No Equipment | Back Pain Relief, YT)
21 minutes (from PT strength exercises + stretches)
42 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.65 mi)
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote