Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-02-22, 11:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Not much to report other than a short Jessica Valant beginner Pilates video. I did something to my back yesterday. The muscles around my right ribcage and scoliosis are killing me. Luckily I took today and Tuesday off but didn't intend it to involve heating pads and muscle relaxers. I'm hoping some restorative yoga with bolsters will help. I'm pretty sure it's from giving into my laziness and not doing my strength training and preventive exercises.

Paine - I saw Carolyn's link to Joelle's practices too, can't wait to explore.

Cyana, I can't imagine your job getting any busier. I hope you get some relaxation this weekend to prepare.

Nice to see you Garrie. I've always wanted to try Brazil Butt Lift, I bet High & Tight is really hard.

Agh I have to get off this butt. Happy Friday to Beth, Margot, Sandra, Carolyn, Pam and anyone who visits.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-22, 01:39 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jane Adams's Yoga For Beginners (Lying Poses For Flexibility practice)
Day 1 - MORNING YIN YOGA (Yoga with Joelle)

Sandra inspired me to do the Lying Poses For Flexibility from Jane Adams's Yoga For Beginners--thanks Sandra! I really like that practice.

Carolyn, this morning I did Day 1 of Joelle’s 5-day Yin Yoga challenge and liked it. Thanks again for the link to that challenge.
You make me want to buy the gliders you have although I don't have any DVDs that use gliders anymore! I had gliders at one time (I think they were Cathe's) but I got rid of them because they didn't work that well.

Garrie, it's good to hear from you! I'm actually embarrassed at how much strength I have lost in the last 2 or 3 years. I know I could get it back, but the truth is that I just don't want to workout that hard anymore.
I like High & Tight from Brazil Butt Lift. I need to find that DVD.

Beth, yes, my 7 year old grandson started school on August 29th. I miss having him here during the day! I'm glad I get to see him when he gets home from school until his mom gets off work.

Pat, I hope your torso aches go away soon. That's no fun.

I'm waving to Cyana, Margot, Pam, DonnaD and all who visit!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-22, 09:44 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jari Slim & Lean (36 minutes of Upper Body selections plus Abs and Stretch)

Can't type out my post so this will be short due to blasted 500 Error!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-22, 11:25 AM  
cyana

Happy Week-end.

Yesterday:
HIIT - 10 cycles x 60 seconds all out pedaling

Pretty straightforward day at the farmer's market - lettuce, microgreens (broccoli), onions, shi****o peppers (SERIOUSLY - that isn't a bad word, evil spellchecker!!! s-h-i-s-h-i-t-o peppers, cherry and pear tomatoes, buffalo, chicken and my last jug of fresh-pressed turmeric ginger juice for five weeks, as the Food Goddess is taking a much-needed break before she retires at the end of the year. She said she was exhausted, as she had so many pre-orders from her regulars, who were trying to hoard up her products. The Food Goddess gave me a bunch of okra and all sorts of peppers, including some fiery varieties that I plan to use for making flavored vinegar.

Pat - Is Heidi the one who had the lovely garden at her house? I hope she has a wonderful adventure in France. DH and I continue to contemplate the possibility of eventually retiring elsewhere.

Garrie - I'm with you on focusing on consistency. I've been all over the place in 2022, with far more gaps than should've ever occurred. Unfortunately, I've lost a lot of muscle strength, so I'm looking to focus in that direction. Thanks for the lower body suggestion list.

Paine - You'd asked why I love September - let me count the ways. The weather is just about perfect - warm without the heat and humidity of August (although this was the mildest August I can remember in many years), great gardening weather, great time to vacation and usually a couple of slightly crisp mornings near the end of the month. It's a bummer that my busy season kicks off this month, as that tends to put a damper on my September Lovefest. Fingers crossed this will be my last busy season and hopefully last September as a working stiff!

Sandra
- Thank you for reminding me that I need to put Jane's DVDs on top of the stack. I love the outdoor settings and the little things - like the deer and the bug that crawls across Jane's foot - things that always bring a smile to my face. Isn't today 20 days until you retire? Bummer on your heat wave!

Beth
- Sounds like a dose of Hamelin is working well for you. Enjoy your long week-end.

Carolyn - I hope you get in some bike-riding over the week-end. I still need to get my bike tuned up - must remind DH to put that on his to do list. I may do an Amazon order later today - may throw those Gliders in my cart.

Time for some brunch and then I need to rock and roll and get some stuff done. I keep going back and forth over whether to sign up for Lee's workshop tomorrow on Rest and Restore.

Waves to Margot, Pam and all of our Maven friends.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-22, 11:34 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, I'm visiting Jacob Park again. Still stiff and painful but I think I can treat this at home. Yesterday I found this nice little yin practice for breathing, ribs and side body:

Restorative Yoga for Breathing and Lungs by Lija Krus Yoga & Wellbeing. After I meditated in supported supta for a while.

Cyana, yes Heidi had the beautiful zen garden complete with lotus pond. That had to be hard to leave. She is the same yogi who conducted a Zoom yin yoga with Reiki that our Pam also joined. Nice haul for you at the market. How do you make okra?

Paine, thanks for mentioning Jane Adams. There's a good practice on there with core PT-like moves.

Everyone have a wonderful start to the weekend!
Old 09-03-22, 06:06 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat that practice looks nice; I saved it! Hope your back feels better soon.

cyana yes, I'm happy to continue working with Hamelin but may start adding a bit more traditional weights work in. I need to get back on my bike too!

Paine, I'm sure you do miss having both boys with you. Sorry about the 500 error today!

Hope everyone else is doing well and maybe enjoying a long holiday weekend!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-22, 09:03 AM  
cyana

A quick good morning wave.

Carolyn - I don't know if you and your DH were aware that Leonid and Friends played their first European show this week-end in Germany at Muskprof Brassfestival. The entire concert is on their FB page and the film and sound quality was excellent. Now you know where the past 2 hours of my life went, LOL!!!! I knew they were playing, but wasn't aware the whole thing would be available on line. I saw a video of their soundcheck yesterday.

Paine - Here's a quick moose video to remind you of your old neighborhood: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ydkBCxZv1Pk . I'm certain you don't miss moose poop, but I thought this was cute.

Must run - I have to rearrange my game plan for today since I couldn't resist the L&F concert and I had an ambitious to do list - oops. Still debating whether I want to sign up for Lee's workshop at the 11th hour.

Hope everyone has a great day and week-end!

Old 09-04-22, 10:31 AM  
cyana

P.S. - Pat - I forgot to answer your question about preparing okra. I cut the stem end off, toss them in a little olive oil, season as desired (sea salt, Adobo or Herbamare are good options) and roast at 425 until done. It's best to avoid the really large pods, as they can be somewhat woody and you'll be chewing for days. I grew up eating fried okra - cut into "coins" and fried in oil on top of the stove. I've even eaten boiled okra. I don't advise the last one unless you're really hard core! Fun okra fact: I know someone with cystic fibrosis (adult) who puts pods of fresh okra into a glass of water, sticks the glass in the refrigerator overnight and drinks the "okra water". She said she sees a significant drop in her blood sugar after she does it. I'd never heard of that.

Old 09-04-22, 10:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday all! Yesterday I went to the gym for 60 minutes recumbent bike and some light weight machines. It seems to have helped so I'm going back again today and should do some Pilates, too.

Cyana, interesting about the okra and your friend's CF. I love when someone finds a natural remedy that works for them. I think I could try roasted.

Good morning to Beth and all who visit!
Old 09-04-22, 11:16 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, I just did that yoga routine you linked to - it was very nice, thank you!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote