Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-22, 08:20 PM  
Mickey12

Bee, I’m sorry you’re still feeling poorly. It sure seems like a long time.

Chele I saw the news story about the grocery store stopping the plastic bags. My step mom shops there so she is now using the reusable bags. It stinks that Grace is getting yelled at but I can see how it will happen. People don’t like change (myself definitely included) and people really don’t like being told they can’t do something they want to do. It will calm down soon enough but I think it’s a learning experience for your daughter. So in the end it will be a good thing for her. I’m glad your husband got the phone issue fixed. He’s lucky there was an Apple store nearby.

Kittybug Finley also puts his regular cat toys in his water dish. He’s the first cat I have had that does that so it’s good to know someone who has cats that do that. Oh, and I found another dead mouse this morning! We were puzzled why Finley wasn’t killing mice last year but we think it’s because our neighbor’s cat was killing them outside. The neighbors have moved and now there isn’t a cat outside to thin them out so they’re finding their way into our house.

Tonight I did Cathe’s Perfect Pump total body premix. I did some extended stretching from Jessica Smith’s Stretch and Recovery DVD. Now I’m ready for bed.
Old 09-26-22, 11:26 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Monday, Watulans!

Workouts: 9/23- CL #304 Burn Sets Biceps & Triceps followed by Chris Dorner Advanced Step #5. The Chris Dorner was fun but a whole lot of wooing. That actually was a bit more annoying than the shoutouts to me. I think as she got more used to doing the streaming workouts she stopped doing that so much as I don't really recall it being a thing in the later ones.

9/24-Amy Dixon's Breathless Body #2 To the Edge. Fun and I could figure out modifications pretty easily. I wasn't in the mood to go to the floor even with the easiest versions. This one had a guy in it who seemed to be dogging it even though he was allegedly doing the most "advanced" version. lol.

9/25- Heather Corndorff Kickbox Burn. Oooo this one is fun despite the burpees which I didn't do anyway! I haven't done it in awhile and it moves quickly.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-22, 11:33 AM  
ChelePA

I started off with Cathe Live 24 Butts and Guts. I don’t have the DVD to make comparisons. But I really liked this one. I knew I was in trouble when my legs felt tired after the warm-up. Ha ha. Not sure if it was due to the bootcamp on Saturday or the kickboxing class yesterday afternoon, but my quads were feeling it. Standing strength leg work included use of dumbbells, resistance bands, and bodyweight only moves. A nice variety with different pacing for different exercises. Really got my heart rate up! Second portion of class started with two standing core exercises then moved to the floor using weights and finishing with planks.

I signed into my Peloton calendar for a stretching class and realized it’s been a year since I started back on the bike. See post in general area . Don’t want to bore you. Feeling quite emotional about the journey I’ve been on, I decided to take a live cycling class in celebration of this anniversary. The instructor actually just returned today after a suffering a very severe upper body injury on a road bike accident while training. She still has a long way to go. Her words really spoke to me as well as her choice of music. It was a perfect way to remember this special date.

And again, because I can’t say it enough -I want to thank all of you for your love and support
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-22, 11:47 AM  
Mickey12

We love you, Chele!!!!!
Old 09-26-22, 11:53 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Chele, you can't bore us! And it is definitely an emotional journey along with everything else, one you've weathered very gracefully, I might add. Like Kim said, we love you!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-22, 11:54 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!! Well let's see if I can manage to check in more often. I'm still here, still exercising but also having busy days and some personal issues. TMI and there may be some changes forthcoming. :0

So....I have been doing a mix. Les Mills on Demand had a Sept special - every time you did a streaming workout, you get entered into a drawing for equipment. So some LMOD I hadn't done yet, Pumps, Steps, and some Hybrid workouts. And then several Cathe Lives.

Today I did Live 127 Circuit Works Barre & Core. That was fun!!! I'm enjoying her stuff so much!! Never any dread.

Justin has had several appointments and as of Friday was still cancer free. He is having some liver issues but working on that.

Milestones in September. My grandson Maddex just turned 3 on the 24th.
My Dad turned 96 on the 20th (we did a Zoom call with him - so awesome).
And I turned 60 of the 11th. (WTH!?!?!?!?!?) :-0
Not quite sure how that happened but here it is. Just going to run with it. The only change I'm making is wearing good knee sleeves/braces when I exercise. ;-)

So sorry to be so MIA. You all continue to inspire me! There really is a lot of love and support in this room!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-22, 11:56 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Catchup!

manleym, thanks for the link! It's on my list for today after I do the Jari Love Ripped and Jacked that I'm subbing for STS Total Body.

Kim, haha on the cat putting toys in the water dish. When DH and I were first married we had a sweet cat who constantly put her toys in the water. Unfortunately one of the toys was a black faux fur mouse and when it got wet the black dye came off. She then dragged the wet toy onto the quilt on our bed. We never got the dye off of it. Oops!

FN1/SHW, oh, sweet Chance had a respiratory issue that came and went for as long as he was with us. He would sneeze and yes, it was a gooey messy snot rocket and hard as heck to clean. Poor guy. Poor us. Still, I would love to have him still with us and put up with the mess.

ChelePA, glad your DH got his phone fixed! Honestly, iphone batteries are not intended to be messed with by the consumer and yes, Apple does that on purpose. And so glad you liked the Chris Dorner kickbox! I like her personality---she's kind of goofy sometimes, but seems to sincerely to love what she does. I'm glad your daughter is adjusting to all the new challenges, a big one being the joy of dealing with the nasty public. She seems like she has a good head on her shoulders and will figure it out. I know it must be hard for you sometimes to back away when she is struggling a bit, but you also know that she has to do it for herself to be an independent adult. **sigh** the joys of parenting (or step parenting)

bee, hope you are recovering! There is some kind of non-Covid bug going around here that seems to last a few days and then it goes away. One grandson, stepdaughter, and stepdaughter's boyfriend all have had whatever it is.

Looking forward to more tidbits from Cathe on the new series! Loving that Kristin is in it!

Waves and hugs to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 09-26-22, 11:57 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post

And again, because I can’t say it enough -I want to thank all of you for your love and support
You have done AMAZING!!!!! OMG many people would not have progressed even half as well as you have! Every day stronger!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-22, 12:22 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

UG, Monday!

Yesterday was Leah's BB Lower plus CL 046 Crossfire Express, AKA Death by Tuck Jumps. Geez O' Pete, that felt super HARD to me yesterday! I was actually glad to get to the metabolic legs part at the end and that's saying something. Note to self...choose more steady state stuff to do after Leah's lower body workout, 'k?

Chele, your daughter is learning some not fun stuff, eh? I agree she's got a great head on her shoulders and will handle it all just fine. Glad your husband got the phone fixed, phew!!

Kate, SO happy to see you and hear a progress report!

Kim and FN2, so glad my cats aren't the only weirdos!! Charli also likes to 'pool party' which means she smacks her paws in the water to splash it everywhere and make a total mess for me when she gets bored.

Bee, I hope you're feeling better! And yes, the friend's cat story...let's just say a HUGE palm tree rat was involved and it wasn't fully, um, dead yet. My friend's husband said he was glad the cat didn't love all their other friends as much as he loved me.

FN2, snot rocket, YES! That's a perfect description. And it is so dang hard to clean, we're wondering how to market this stuff. Move over Gorilla Glue, we have something better! Anywho, that makes me feel better because yes, this is a chronic thing that's just gotten really bad this year and we don't know what to do! How long was Chance with you?

Waves all!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-22, 03:07 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

FN1/SHW, Chance was the one I called Big Orange. We didn't adopt him until he was 10, so sadly we only got to spend 3 greatly cherished years with him.

Kate! We were cross posting! So glad you checked in and thanks for the update(s). Thinking of you....

Chele, as Kim said in the GD post, you have been an inspiration. When I have gotten down or sad about my issue, I can think to myself, WWCD (What Would Chele Do)? Well, Chele would feel the feelings, then persevere. So thanks to YOU for that.

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in