Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-22, 04:53 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My weekend catch up:

Saturday:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America - California
Jane Adams Yoga for Beginners - floor practice

Sunday:

Jenny Ford - March Across America - PA (filmed in front of the "Rocky" stairs)
Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga - Morning practice

Sherry - it sounds like things are going well! I like Senior Shape w/ Lauren, too. I don't find them to be too easy even though they are labeled as "beginner" and "senior" - they seem just right and you can watch your form with them. I agree on taking criticism w/ a grain of salt - some people always have "something" to say - and are often best ignored. The card game sounds like fun.

waves Pam and wishiwasinhawaii.

Why does the weekend go by so fast?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 05:31 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Maria Leone Pilates On the Go

Hi Ladies,

Also playing catch-up. We had a busy weekend and left for a day trip (and the longest we've left our sick cat) so we were concerned. She seemed okay, but probably yowled for us the whole time. She over ate when we got home late and immediate upchucked. Today she was much calmer with me at home with her, but vomited up blood this morning. Not good at all.

I was very tired today, so did some pilates again. First time with this one in a long time and couldn't remember much about it. It's an odd mix of matwork and some sections are pretty rushed. More for a more experienced pilates practitioner and not new kids on the block. She does offer a couple modifications but some of the exercises are quite challenging.

Sherry, I would use your heavier kettlebell for swings only, and just limit the amount of reps that you do. Happy belated Birthday to your DH!!!

Donna, great workouts! At some point I'll get back to Jenny again!

wishiwasinhawaii, the beach is so relaxing! Good for you for enjoying your day and getting some work done, too! Had to get out there while the gettin' was good, since weather has turned now.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 06:29 PM  
donnamp

Pam - I'm sorry about your cat. I'm in the same boat w/ my Lab. I think this may be the week I have to do it....and I'm not looking forward to it. But she is having accidents constantly and seems very restless and uncomfortable.

*Sigh*

Donna
Old 09-26-22, 08:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening I did end up going for a dog walk, so that was good. Better than sitting contemplating Monday.

Today, so far:

Be Healthy Enough - Strength, Cardio, Core 3-2-1 - this was a 45 min workout. 3 strength exercises, 2 cardio, 1 core - 45 seconds on/15 seconds off. There were two circuits that you repeat 3X. So, it was a bit repetitious - I would have preferred to repeat the circuits 2X and just have more variety of movement - but it was still a good workout and it hit all the areas that needed to be hit.

I am realizing that these "beginner" and "senior" workouts are not really easy - but they do move more slowly and that is not a bad thing - you can focus on your form better and probably get more out of it while decreasing the chance of injury. I think that is why I ended up liking Jessica's new strength workouts better than her older stuff - she is moving more slowly in them!

I hope to get some stretching in later today and hopefully an outdoor walk - but I have a few things going on today - getting our chimney cleaned and then I need to bring my daughter's lizard back to the vet for a follow up. The lizard is looking much better, so that is good.

I also know I need to do the inevitable for my Lab very soon.

Hope everyone is off to a good start today.

Donna
Old 09-26-22, 10:49 AM  
Leonana

I didn’t do any workouts yesterday, I was too tired. I did my usual stretches in the evening before bed.

I went to church in the morning. Dd came over for dinner. We always get fast food and watch a show together. Currently we are watching the Great British Baking Show.

Donna, the weekend does go fast! I’m glad the lizard is doing better.

Pam, I’m sorry about your cat. I hope she feels better soon.
Old 09-26-22, 01:10 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Chalene Johnson PiYo Align (Fundamentals) & Lower Body!

Hi Ladies,

Today I pulled this off the shelf for something different. The Alignment demo was very good showing various positions (yoga) for different levels of fitness. Chalene was great in this, as was the camera focusing on each person demoing the moves. I did the exercises along with everyone else but this is more of a 40 minute walk thru or preview. I added to this the next workout up in the rotation (Upper Body) which had more of a flow to it, but not done too quickly.

Story of my life...I buy something and try the first few workouts and never get back to it again. Case in point, I don't remember ever completing a PiYo rotation and when I took the first disc out of the sleeve, there was some give and doing the workout looked like I'd done that one. But there were two other discs in the set (with multiple workouts on them) that I had difficulty sliding out of the cardboard sleeve to even look at.

There are workouts in the set called "Sweat" and "Drench" that I have a feeling I'll steer clear of, haha. But, I will probably pick and choose the slower paced workouts. I like the added yoga element, as I need to get back to that again! In fact it looks like it's more yoga to pilates.

Chalene has a fun, vivacious personality and I liked her in Chalean Extreme workouts. Didn't ever do much Turbo Jam, though.

April Focus:
Old 09-27-22, 08:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far:

Esssentrics Live from 9/26 w/ Ellyn. I'm super kinked up for some reason - so I needed this!!

Hopefully today will allow for some more activity - between work, my chimney and the vet appointment I just didn't have much time for anything else.

Pam - I am just like you with acquiring workout sets, doing a few of them and then not getting back to it. Although I did do Strong & Centered - that was a rarity! I have been thinking about doing WS 3.0 though - the 30 minute time frame works better for me than the longer workouts. I don't mind working for 45 or 60 min but I prefer to do that w/ short workouts strung together.

Waves, Sherry and wishiwasinhawaii

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 09-27-22, 05:10 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I went on a special guided Japanese inspired (forest bathing) hike today. I always enjoy being out in nature but this was very different, experiencing the area with all five senses and very slowed down. No talking or very limited. Meditative and relaxing....but my feet are hurting. So I'm going to see if I can get some custom orthotics to wear in my hiking boots.

I have another hike scheduled for Thursday, but may not be able to go unless my feet are better.

April Focus:
Old 09-28-22, 09:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get a dog walk in - the weather has been nice for it.

Today, I went w/ Essentrics again and did the Live Workout from 9/27 - it was w/ Alexa.

I'm feeling less kinked up than I was yesterday but not un-kinked enough to want to try something else, if that makes sense.

I did make "the appointment" for my Lab - it is set for Monday. Although, go figure, since I made the appointment she has had fewer accidents - although she did fall down the stairs 2X and had trouble standing up last night. So that being said, I think it is still time...but I wish it wasn't.

I have to come up with some sort of structure/plan/theme for October.

Pam - that sounds very soothing - although I'm sorry your feet are bothering you.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 09-28-22, 06:57 PM  
donnamp

Today I added on a dog walk (short) - my Golden doesn't really enjoy walking that much - she would rather play fetch in the yard.

Then this evening I pulled out a Margaret Richard workout - hers are pretty low dread for me. I did Program A of "My Body of Work" which is a compilation DVD. I did enjoy it and felt like I did something good for myself w/out feeling beat up.

Take care,

Donna

Tags
tablet