Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-17, 06:14 PM  
rhbrand

Fitness Confession Time

I have never finished a full on fitness program. Ever. Not P90x, no Body Beast, not STS, not even paper programs like New Rules of Lifting, or Body for Life.

Best I ever did was Slim in 6 and even that I only did 4 weeks of before I was so sick of them I quit that too.

I get into the program, and fall off, every time. I just can't seem to make myself finish, even if I'm having good results.

Some is well, I get sick of Tony and his antics with P90x and can't make myself hear him talk anymore lol.

I need some sort of recovery program for the inability to finish workout programs.

What's your fitness confession.
Old 08-21-17, 06:44 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

My confession: if I actually worked out as often and as long as I spent reading new and old threads on VF, I'd actually BE fit.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 06:47 PM  
DCW

Hi!
I never do a program.

I found and fell in love with Essentrics/Classical Stretch. The "Seasons" have 30 episodes. So 4 seasons equals 120 workouts, plus I own several more of their dvds. I workout at 5:30 am.

I walk, take exercise classes, and do their longer dvds in the evenings.

It works for me.

Good luck!
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 06:48 PM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
My confession: if I actually worked out as often and as long as I spent reading new and old threads on VF, I'd actually BE fit.
_____
YADeb
Right there with you!

And I have never completed a workout rotation either. Heck, I'm usually done before I have even really gotten started. I have exercise ADD so as soon as I decide to do one rotation I immediately want to do something else.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 06:50 PM  
Sissy B

Another confession, I know they're cheesy but over the years some of my favorite workouts have been celebrity workouts - Cher, Cindy Crawford, and Mel B's workouts immediately come to mind.
Old 08-21-17, 06:53 PM  
muggle

Confession? I love pastries and I'm a smoker. Gaaahhh!! There...I said it. My big bad secret. I've tried to quit smoking numerous times. I admire those that have successfully quit. Pastries are my weakness too. As far as a rotation....I've never stuck with one, ever! I do my own thing keeping in mind what I worked and give those muscles a break before hitting them again.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 06:58 PM  
blzgrl

The most I've done of a rotation was one of Jessica Smith's 6-week ones, and even then I substituted a lot. I did one of her newer 4-week ones, but when I tried to do the next 4-week one I just wasn't feeling it, so I went back to doing my own thing.
blzgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 07:01 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
Another confession, I know they're cheesy but over the years some of my favorite workouts have been celebrity workouts - Cher, Cindy Crawford, and Mel B's workouts immediately come to mind.
I'm not a fan of Kim Kardashian (Don't like her, don't hate her, just emotionally neutral, lol), but her Fit in Your Jeans By Friday series is actually kind of fun Credit goes to Jennifer Galardi and Patrick Goudeau, though, for coming up with the actual routines (and Jennifer G. is in one of the videos).

I also enjoy the Pussycat Dolls workouts And I like the Geri Halliwell yoga DVDs. And the Carmen Electra Fit to Strip workout led by Michael Carson. So I'm kind of a sucker for Celebrity workouts. In fact, I think when I first found VF, those were the first workouts I searched for...literally put "celebrity workouts" in the search tool!!
Old 08-21-17, 07:02 PM  
Sissy B

I think I made it through 25-26 days of a 28 day George Foreman Walk It Off with George rotation a few years ago. That's the closest I have ever come to completing a rotation. I got derailed by making preparations for Hurricane Isaac and then I tried to rip my toenail off and couldn't work out for several weeks. Another celebrity workout that I really enjoyed!
Old 08-21-17, 07:32 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I spend more time reviewing workouts on youtube and planning detailed rotations than I actually spend on following them.

Tags
confessions, rotations