Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-13-17, 02:55 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Mossa home consumer workouts

Hi All,

A few weeks ago I posted that Mossa was releasing 30 minute workouts of some of their group fitness programs to the home consumer. I purchased Power (like Les Mills Body Pump), Fight (like Body Combat), Core (like CXWorx), and Athlete 30. I said I would share my thoughts so here I go.

Warning! This is a huge rave post. I can't say enough how much I'm enjoying these workouts. They are really fun and super effective. I look forward to doing them every morning.

Power

What I like about these are that they're not just the longer group fitness workout with tracks removed to make them shorter. They're specifically designed to get everything worked in the 30ish minute time frame. They also include dynamic moves in addition to the weight work.

Fight

I love how these are structured! In each track there are 5 rounds that alternate between higher and lower intensity. You do all 5 rounds on one lead and repeat the rounds on the other lead. Each track finishes with a surge. I was able to give maximum effort the whole time. Loved the superman punching combo!

Athlete 30

SO MUCH FUN! It's not like anything I've done before although if I had to try to describe it I'd say it's a cross between LM Grit Strength and Group Rx Boot. After the warm up it was 4 rounds of HIIT intervals. The first round was 40/20 and was strength endurance. Moves included prisoner squats, push ups, walking planks. The second round was speed agility and was 20/20. It called for variations of fast footwork with reaction jumps. Third round was explosive strength and was 30/30. Big, controlled, explosive moves like lateral skaters, falling push ups, and tuck jumps. The last round was maximum speed was done on the 20/20. It included mountain climbers, seal jacks, and tire runs. Before the cool down the finisher was 40 seconds of progressive intensity high knee run. Yowza!

The instructors are very knowledgeable and give great form pointers and encouragement. The music works well with the workouts. Each format shows modifications for either equipment or impact level, usually with 2 or more options shown. I just can't rave about them enough.

If you're interested you can find them here. They're $19.99 each and if you buy 2 or more you get 10% off.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 03:05 PM  
sherry7899

Talking

Sabine - thanks for posting! I will watch the clips later.

They also have dance workouts.... uh oh!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 03:36 PM  
laurajhawk

I'm mystified by the website. Are these downloads, or streaming, or DVDs, or (and I only got this idea when I read the "About" page on their main site) are they all only for the XBox?

I even put one in a cart to try to figure out what I would get (vidiot fidgeting -- I don't really plan to get these) and couldn't tell at all. What is the format, Sabine?

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 03:43 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I'm mystified by the website. Are these downloads, or streaming, or DVDs, or (and I only got this idea when I read the "About" page on their main site) are they all only for the XBox?

I even put one in a cart to try to figure out what I would get (vidiot fidgeting -- I don't really plan to get these) and couldn't tell at all. What is the format, Sabine?
They're DVDS. The 30 minute format was originally done to be a part of XBox fitness. When that went away they reshot the workouts and are releasing them on DVD.

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
Old 04-13-17, 04:02 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Why did I have to open this?

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 04:13 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

I was lucky enough to find some of these when they were released for Xbox. I found the core, power and combat workouts. Lucky!

This is a clip from a Mossa Fight workout. (The volume on my computer is broken so I am hoping this is in English because I found another one which certainly wasn't). Anyway this is 19 mins which should give you an idea if you like the workout. With the ones Sabine purchased, they obviously would not have the countdown clock and are probably better quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yNEWZm5Mq0
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 05:47 PM  
sherry7899

Sabine- is there a modifier in the Fight workouts and is there a lot of high impact? Thanks!

Old 04-13-17, 06:08 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Sabine- is there a modifier in the Fight workouts and is there a lot of high impact? Thanks!
There is a modifier. The lead is doing the most advanced options and the other two instructors are showing lower intensity modifications, including taking out jumps and impact.

Old 04-13-17, 07:57 PM  
lesia

Def on my wishlist because I LOVE MOSSA/Group Power!!

The higher-ups replied to a message I posted concerning streaming later this year.

They are currently working on a streaming platform to be released later this year. I mentioned to them that there are consumers who live too far from a gym that has MOSSA/Group workouts.

Yes!

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-17, 07:43 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
There is a modifier. The lead is doing the most advanced options and the other two instructors are showing lower intensity modifications, including taking out jumps and impact.
Thank you! Maybe I will save them for my holiday gift exchange wish list. I am running out of ideas for dvds......

Sherry

Tags
mossa