Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-15, 03:58 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelW View Post
So this app thing has been driving me crazy!! I somehow missed the smart points things. Guess I have some reading to do. I lost weight on the original points system after having kids. Points plus has been slooooow going for me. Maybe this one will be better? If it is too restrictive that will stink though. I liked being able to make some less healthy choices during my day. It's a about balance for me.
I'm having such a hard time with the website too! I logged in and the assessment came up so I was happy because I would be switching over. But then the site crashed and I'm back to the old system. argh!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 11:09 PM  
SuzieC

I went to the meeting room to get the program details.imwas hoping to get the new cookbook and kit. The new cookbook wasn't available in English and the kit wasn't avaible either. Boo!
Old 12-09-15, 06:23 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I've been mulling over joining their online 3-month plan, but have ultimately decided against it even before I've heard that they're rolling out a new plan yet again.

I first joined online 10 years ago, and lost 22lbs within 3 months on their regular points system. I thought it was unnecessarily complicated, but it was easy to follow and I lost the weight. Alas, I didn't keep it off but I know why.

Then about 4-5 (?) years ago I thought I'll try it again but this time they just introduced points plus plan, and for some reason it just didn't work for me. It didn't make sense and I didn't work it, so it didn't work for me.

Now, reading these comments I'm sure I won't be joining. First of all, I think the price is somewhere around $70 for 3 months (online), and by now I know I prefer to count real calories and nutritional values and not convert food to points. I think starting in the new year, I'll just put a real effort into logging my food for free on MFP and see what happens. I know I can do it, I just have to put some effort into it.
Old 12-09-15, 06:47 AM  
deesharee

Yeah, I won't be joining either. There are so many terrific apps out there that encompass ALL the macros. WW technology is still so 2005. The website keeps crashing as well!
Old 12-09-15, 11:25 AM  
Dabbadooey

I joined today, but I don't use their app. I just wanted to mention that the new plan is very restrictive...surprisingly so.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 11:45 AM  
leigh1673

I haven't been a WW member in close to 10 years but I still support them in theory because I think it's a sane approach in the midst of all the crazy, restrictive eating plans out there.

But it's funny because one of the biggest complaints I've heard about WW over the years is that it "doesn't teach you how to eat healthy." Their WW-brand foods only helped to underscore this problem.

Now, it sounds like they are putting more effort into emphasizing healthy, whole foods- and less empty "junk" calories - and people don't like that either!
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 12:22 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

This is discouraging. I'm an inconsistent logger but I have a good idea in my head of how many points I'm eating and it keeps me in check. I'm in my healthy weight zone but want to lose some more fat, and unfortunately Points Plus isn't geared enough towards macros to help me so I've been stalled. My switchover day is Friday, and I'm willing to give the new program a couple of weeks, but it's not sounding promising.
Old 12-09-15, 12:36 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
This is discouraging. I'm an inconsistent logger but I have a good idea in my head of how many points I'm eating and it keeps me in check. I'm in my healthy weight zone but want to lose some more fat, and unfortunately Points Plus isn't geared enough towards macros to help me so I've been stalled. My switchover day is Friday, and I'm willing to give the new program a couple of weeks, but it's not sounding promising.
Give it a try! If the old system wasn't working, maybe this one will?

the only gripe i have with it is that the items tracked aren't usually listed in cookbooks (they don't track fat but saturated fat and not carbs but sugars. I don't want to go into too much detail otherwise i'll go against VF rules!) But, feel free to PM me if you want details.
Old 12-09-15, 12:46 PM  
yaya

Ugh, this is so disheartening to hear. I joined WW in 1996 and lost weight very easily (made it to my goal weight within six months) on their plan at the time, which was the Freedom plan. It allowed for a certain number of "breads", proteins/milks (can't remember what else) per day and included 200 optional "bonus" calories each day. Fruits and vegetables were unlimited. Plus you had a cheat meal every week where you could eat anything. I *hated* when they switched to the points system. I ate so many good foods on the Freedom plan and still was able to have a treat every day by fitting it into my bonus calories. Once the points system was started I ended up eating practically no "good" foods so I could save up points for dessert. I hated having to "waste" points on fruit and certain veggies when I never had to count them before. My weight loss went out the window.
Old 12-09-15, 12:49 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
Give it a try! If the old system wasn't working, maybe this one will?

the only gripe i have with it is that the items tracked aren't usually listed in cookbooks (they don't track fat but saturated fat and not carbs but sugars. I don't want to go into too much detail otherwise i'll go against VF rules!) But, feel free to PM me if you want details.
I will try and will PM you too - thanks!