Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-15, 01:20 PM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Oh me too! I'm always amazed when people post that they lost 7 lbs and dropped a size...I'm like, WHAT? It's more like 20 lbs for me.
Same for me. Hourglass. It takes about 22 pounds before it looks like I've dropped weight. I lose weight all over, in layers, just like an onion. I guess the positive, is that weight gain doesn't show as rapidly either.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-15, 05:32 PM  
Eibhinn

Some very good points here. Beyond the ease, it's worth noting that most modern women's clothing has some stretch to it: most jeans have 2 or 3 percent spandex, for example, so body size fluctuations are more easily accommodated. My body weight tends to fluctuate a lot within a 5-7 pound range, with absolutely no difference in the way most clothes fit. But there is the odd article of clothing (nipped at the waist, closely tailored, knit fabric with no stretch), I can tell when I'm at the higher range versus the lower. But I'm also an hourglass shape and average height, so it takes minimum 15 pounds lost before it's noticeable to anyone, typically closer to 20.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-15, 06:39 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I think it also depends on your height. I am 5'3" ½ and if I lost 5 lbs, it is definitely at least a size. If you are taller, I am thinking it may take more to see a size drop.
See, that's what I mean. I'm barely 5'2" and an evenly distributed hourglass, and as I said it's around 20 lbs for me to lose a size. Maybe 15 lbs.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-15, 06:41 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
I guess the positive, is that weight gain doesn't show as rapidly either.
This is absolutely true, for me anyway. No one can believe my weight (and after my non-exercising year it's not all muscle, by a long shot).
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-15, 11:27 AM  
mspina

TOTALLY depends on what you are doing exercise-wise. If you've lost mostly muscle, you aren't going to look much different and might even look visibly worse. If you've lost 7lbs of fat, you would definitely notice that in the mirror and how your clothes fit.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-15, 12:36 PM  
BigBadBetty

I don't think there is a universal normal. I lost 15 lbs. I am almost 5'5". I have lost a pants size...almost 2. I have lost one of my extra chins. My bras fit pretty much the same.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-15, 01:27 PM  
MathTeacher

I think everything is normal when it comes to weight loss.
Old 07-06-15, 02:01 PM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
Same for me. Hourglass. It takes about 22 pounds before it looks like I've dropped weight. I lose weight all over, in layers, just like an onion. I guess the positive, is that weight gain doesn't show as rapidly either.
It really is interesting how different we all are!

I am an hourglass, 5'6'' and I lose a size for about every 10 pounds lost, as long as I am exercising with a balance between cardio/strength training.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-15, 03:57 PM  
cmarsh4

I am hour glass as well and usually I have to loose about 20lbs before anyone notices. I have lost a total of 40lbs and I am down almost 4 sizes but I think at first I was loosing it all over so it doesn't show as much as it does now.
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-15, 04:10 PM  
momtoaboyandgirl

I'm 5'3 and an hourglass, I lost 15 lbs since January and it equates to a one, sometimes two size down, I started as a 16 and now wear a 12 or 14 depending on the clothes. I went from an XL pj bottom to a medium so that's exciting!