Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-15, 06:12 PM  
ssgilby

Anyone Thinking of Starting (ore re-starting) Metamorphosis?

I've been a Tracy Anderson devoteé for years. For a long while I did her exclusively - I did Meta and Continuity for probably a year before moving on. I've done her on and off ever since. I can't ever seem to get away from her entirely because it's been proven to me time and time again that nothing but TA gives me results despite not making dietary changes. She also is generally very therapeutic for my back (yes, I know some of you are rolling your eyes, but in my case, her work really helps my back). Anyway, for various reasons that I won't bore everyone with here, I am seriously considering going back and starting Meta from the beginning. I'd love a check in to try to keep me accountable.

I know there are a couple of versions of TA check ins, but a lot of those folks are mixing TA heavily in with other stuff and/or have been at it consistently for years and are super advanced with it. I too plan to mix in a few other workouts, but TA will be my mainstay and primary focus. Wondering if there are other people who are new to Meta or are, like me, re-visiting it, and would like to check in with others in the same boat.

Anyone?
Old 04-20-15, 07:01 PM  
daisyduke

I've been debating doing this as well. I just can't do her dance cardio though. Jumping up and down for 30 minutes is not something my joints take easily and I'd like to be able to walk when I'm 70.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-15, 07:04 PM  
PhyllisG

I did Meta Omni back when they were first released. Then I focused more on P57 and other new releases. I bought Meta Abs when they were on sale at BB&B but still haven't done them. But I want to. Just need some encouragement. I too got great results from Meta.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-15, 07:10 PM  
dmlarue1

I have been thinking about being more consistent with TA. I am such a wimp though! I did the beginner for a while and I felt like I was building my strength up; but then got away from it again. I would love to restart and be more consistent.
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-15, 08:53 PM  
pcramer

I just restarted with Meta yesterday I had great success several years ago, but fell off the TA wagon. This time I'm doing Glute, I'm not doing her cardio, I'm doing JNL instead. I like to carry a little more muscle than what TA gives me, but I love the flexible strength and lengthening that I get with TA.

All that said, I'd love to do a check-in
Old 04-21-15, 09:27 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I would join a check in! I am doing Meta Abcentric (just finished Level 1 today after 19 days LOL) and this is my first time following a TA rotation. In the past I have done Precision Toning, Mat, and even some Meta levels mixed in to other workouts, but not systematically.

I am mixing Abcentric with Tonique and HoCo. I'd consider myself a more advanced exerciser but I'm not very experienced with TAM. I love the all fours moves though and unless I've done some arm work first, don't have any problems with my arms or wrists staying in position. I love how the exercises are dynamic and feel like they are working not just my abs but my arms and legs as well. I can't wait for later levels when hopefully there will be more unique balance challenges. I am doing something else (Tonique/HoCo) then fnishing with Abcentric to fill up a 60 or 70 minute workout window 5-6 days a week. I also run on weekends.

I often skip the first 10 minutes (arms/standing abs/laying abs) but try to add in at least the arms when I have time. I am not good with rotations but really, truly going to make an effort to get through all 10 iterations of each level in Abcentric (no matter how long it takes me!). I also have Omnicentric and was thinking of doing it after, if I am still in the mood for TA by that time!

I really feel like this is already doing good things aesthetically (in arms, abs, as well as legs) and can't wait to see even more changes as I clean up my diet more. For reference I am chasing about 10 vanity pounds.
Old 04-21-15, 10:28 AM  
PhyllisG

OK I am going to dig out Meta Abs and start. I am not doing her cardio either but will do Abs plus something else that is 30 minutes.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-15, 01:21 PM  
ssgilby

Sounds like there's interest! I think I will start a check in. It may not be for a day or two, though, as I'm having a crazy busy week at work. Good to know that I'm not alone in knowing that TA is really good for me if I'm consistent, but consistency is difficult. Perhaps if we all check in, we can keep each other on track.

I am also mixing TA with other stuff. Right now, Tonique. I have done Tracy's cardio on the past but not consistently. I can't do it now as I'm nursing a PF flare up. Once of the reasons I'm re-starting Meta is that I need a rotation right now that doesn't call for any standing work, especially with impact. I'm doing the Toniques that are mostly done on the mat (which still gives me great cardio benefit), and if I try to keep up with Tracy's pace on the Metas, I also get a cardio benefit.

Will come back and post once I get a thread up. I'm on day 2 of Level 1 of Hipcentric.
Old 04-23-15, 09:15 AM  
ssgilby

Hi, guys! I started a thread!

TAM Committed

Looking forward to seeing you there!
Old 04-23-15, 09:25 AM  
yaya

I'm not...I just wanted to say hi to Shelley!!

I'm back to VF after a long hiatus!

Tags
metamorphosis, tracy anderson