Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-13, 07:05 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Which Reboot do you like best and why?

After being hit or miss with Tracie Long, I have found a few of hers that I really like and am looking at the Reboots now. A friend of mine actually gifted these to me a while back as she wasn't clicking with them, but I wasn't into Tracie's stuff at the time so I ended selling them for her instead. I was able to get most of her money back so that was good.

Anyway...I like the looks of both and may get both at Mary's sale, but I am not sure I need both. So I am polling people to see which one they like better.

FWIW...the Tracie's I do like a lot are Leaning Out, Defined Lines and Kickback. Are they similar to any of those?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-13, 08:40 AM  
Jennifer Swan
VF Supporter

This may not be very helpful, but I don't like either one of them. I bought them when they first came out, traded them right away and then had remorse (because I usually LOVE anything by Tracie) so I bought them again... and now they are again on my tradelist, because I just didn't click with them. The weight segments are just useless, the cardio segments are okay, but definitely not Tracie's best work.
Jennifer Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-13, 09:14 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Swan View Post
This may not be very helpful, but I don't like either one of them. I bought them when they first came out, traded them right away and then had remorse (because I usually LOVE anything by Tracie) so I bought them again... and now they are again on my tradelist, because I just didn't click with them. The weight segments are just useless, the cardio segments are okay, but definitely not Tracie's best work.
Actually...that is helpful! Which Tracie's are your favorites? Maybe we have the same taste and I may not click with them either!

The ones that I have not quite clicked with are Staying Power (initially did, then didn't)
and Defining Shape. I also have Lift Higher and Back Up and haven't tried them yet but I am not really impressed on preview to be honest. They were impulse buys and I just didn't really need them. Of course I probably don't need these either!
Old 03-23-13, 10:11 AM  
Jennifer Swan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Which Tracie's are your favorites?
I like all of the Longevity ones, my favorites are probably Defined Lines and Leaning Out. Didn't really see the point of the Focus series, or the Figure 30 ones... hope that helps!
Jennifer Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-13, 12:51 PM  
Mandy

My favorite is ReBoot 1. Its my all time favorite from Tracie. Why? I love the intervals in between weight lifting. The music is fabulous and there is a front back kick interval(I love kickboxing). It doesn't use the med ball like ReBoot 2. I felt ReBoot 2 was a lot harder in intensity cardio wise(she has tuck jumps in ReBoot 2).

I also like Defined Lines(love those med ball weaves) and Leaning Out(love the 4 part lunges) and Kickback(love the weighted punches) too. The cardio in ReBoot 1 is shorter than the cardio in Leaning out. There more like intervals where you get your heartrate up really high but its fast and short. And the lower body work in ReBoot 1 isn't like in Defined lines. There isn't any slide work. Also the reps are shorter so I use heavier weights. Like I use 15lb dumbbells for squats where the heaviest I use for Defined lines was 8lbs.

I have no dread when I do ReBoot 1. I look forward to it.
I like the squats with arm rows. I like the clock lunges and then bicep curls and French press. The only thing I didn't like was doing pushup plank with rows in the middle of the workout. But then you get up and do some great kickboxing with some plyo lunges. There is also a static lunge with an overhead press and the reps are slow so you can go very heavy.

I would say get ReBoot 1
Old 03-23-13, 02:47 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
My favorite is ReBoot 1. Its my all time favorite from Tracie. Why? I love the intervals in between weight lifting. The music is fabulous and there is a front back kick interval(I love kickboxing). It doesn't use the med ball like ReBoot 2. I felt ReBoot 2 was a lot harder in intensity cardio wise(she has tuck jumps in ReBoot 2).

I also like Defined Lines(love those med ball weaves) and Leaning Out(love the 4 part lunges) and Kickback(love the weighted punches) too. The cardio in ReBoot 1 is shorter than the cardio in Leaning out. There more like intervals where you get your heartrate up really high but its fast and short. And the lower body work in ReBoot 1 isn't like in Defined lines. There isn't any slide work. Also the reps are shorter so I use heavier weights. Like I use 15lb dumbbells for squats where the heaviest I use for Defined lines was 8lbs.

I have no dread when I do ReBoot 1. I look forward to it.
I like the squats with arm rows. I like the clock lunges and then bicep curls and French press. The only thing I didn't like was doing pushup plank with rows in the middle of the workout. But then you get up and do some great kickboxing with some plyo lunges. There is also a static lunge with an overhead press and the reps are slow so you can go very heavy.

I would say get ReBoot 1
I was leaning more towards Reboot 1 actually if I were to get one of them. Is the high impact easy to modify to lower impact? I try to limit my high impact if I can...so I will be passing on Reboot 2 entirely most likely.

Thanks for your input...it's very helpful!
Old 03-23-13, 02:47 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Swan View Post
I like all of the Longevity ones, my favorites are probably Defined Lines and Leaning Out. Didn't really see the point of the Focus series, or the Figure 30 ones... hope that helps!
It definitely does...thanks!
Old 03-23-13, 02:56 PM  
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I was leaning more towards Reboot 1 actually if I were to get one of them. Is the high impact easy to modify to lower impact? I try to limit my high impact if I can...so I will be passing on Reboot 2 entirely most likely.

Thanks for your input...it's very helpful!
For me, I always have to modify so I know how to do it. Like high jogs can be high marches or tuck jumps can be changed to squat with a knee up. Or sometimes I just do side kicks or roundhouse kicks because they are low impact but high intensity for my heartrate. I have only previewed ReBoot 2 but I definitely noticed its more high impact.
Old 03-23-13, 03:00 PM  
ncl

I actually like Reboot 2 better. I thought Reboot 1 was less challenging. Generally, I like the Longevity series better than both of them though. My favorites are Staying Power (which has med ball cardio interspersed with weights) and Defining Shape (has some outer thigh work at the end and I really like vids that include some abductor work). I really like all the Longevity's. The exception to that is Step Forward, which is not a favorite.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-13, 04:44 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Thanks again for your responses...it is very helpful!