Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-11-18, 06:18 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I am enjoying a free month of LMOD thanks to a friends and family code. Will definitely be subscribing. Also and always, Suzanne Bowen Fitness. I always buy a year's worth because of the savings. I also have the Daily Walk from Leslie because it is SO inexpensive. I use all three. Anything I don't use, I ditch. I hate the ongoing expense of streaming, but I do love it that it is cheaper than a gym membership and more convenient. I have MORE workouts at ANY time I want them than I would at a gym.

I prefer DVDs that you buy once and DONE, but that mode is passing, so LMOD, Suzanne, and Leslie it is. The three together are less than $30 a month.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-18, 10:21 AM  
horsemom2

my favorite stream is WalkingOnlineWorkouts

https://walkingonlineworkouts.vhx.tv/browse

I pause it every other month just so I will do my other routines.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-18, 10:14 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

I like my Peloton app, currently only for Apple products but they're promising Android access soon. They've expanded their offerings beyond cycling to include bootcamp, strength training, treadmill, running/walking, yoga & more. I use it mainly for the cycling & short upper body strength/toning.

It's now $19.49/month for new members.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-18, 12:49 PM  
lorajc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
What's a "reasonable" priced streaming sites for you, Lora?

For me, reasonable is 9.99/month but it seems that most streaming sites nowadays are 19.99/month or more. Only few like Gaia and maybe couple of others offer streaming under $10/month. That's why I only subscribe to one streaming site at any one time. At the moment it's Pilates By Lisa at about 15-16/month with annual subscription. I've been enjoying pilates for the past couple of years and Lisa's workouts challenge and suit me at the moment.

Streaming is a great thing for the instructors but no so much for the consumers. The service they provide is not unlike providing electricity. You get to use it, but you don't get to keep it. It's a steady stream of cash coming to the instructors, and who can blame this business model? As it is, the cost of streaming forces me to revisit the DVDs I already have, and I have a lot!

Have you been using free workouts on youtube? There are plenty of yoga, barre and kettlebells workouts out there.
Hi - yes, I use the free workouts on Youtube...but there are not many Barre 3 is the problem.

I like Dasha for Kettlebells. guess I'm sort of picky. LOL Now that I think of it.

I just wanted ideas. Yes, 9.99 or under is reasonable for me. I think spending more when I won't use it daily is not reasonable. I still like the days of DVDs but it seems those are coming to an end.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-18, 12:53 PM  
lorajc

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I guess I still wish they made more DVDs!! LOL
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-18, 06:19 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Ok, I am about to try a trial of Pilates by Lisa and had a question. How do you stream the workouts to a TV? I have streamed You Tube workouts to my TV using Google Chromecast. I had problems with buffering when playing You Tube workouts on my smart tv and my internet connected BluRay which is why I moved to Chromecast. However I am not sure how to view something without using a standard app such as YouTube. I really do not want to connect my tablet or laptop to a TV with a cable.
Thanks.
Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-18, 01:21 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I was thinking this morning -- while I loaded up a premix of KCM's Weights on my old DVD drive connected to my laptop -- I am definitely willing to pay $6.99 per month when she's got all her faboo premixes uploaded (in addition to the fun RAW workouts) as it's just so much easier to stream wherever, whenever instead of lugging my DVD set-up with me. A girl can only wish... her collection of premixes via streaming is pretty limited.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-18, 06:25 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Bodyfit by Amy on YouTube! She puts out a variety of workouts and they're free! Set is very basic, but lighting and sound quality is good. Highly recommend!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-18, 09:19 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I have a question about Essentrics streaming...any chance it gives you a "workout of the day"? There are so many to choose from that I get paralyzed even with my dvds. I'd love if I logged onto that each day and it chose one for me.
Old 11-16-18, 09:23 AM  
Carol K

I subscribe to FitFusion for $90 per year. I only do the BeMax workouts, but they have everything.