Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-28-16, 11:02 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja View Post
I guess I'll be the guinea pig for this one because I just purchased it.
Let us know how it goes. I'm curious about this workout too, so would love to see a review. PM me if you don't want to post it on the GD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrosecat View Post
Thanks for the info on T-Tapp. I had a 50% off coupon which I let expire But I will definitely look into this. Meanwhile, I did some plies last night, and I could really feel the effect on this area of the knee. Any thoughts on this? I felt it enough that I'm going to try 100 plies every other day
Bummer about the coupon, but T regularly does sales. Some years she has done a birthday sale in August, so you can wait and see for that. And of course there is always Cybermonday.

I can see Plies helping that area. T-Tapp stance in general does too. Do you have any other T-Tapp workouts?

Another thing you could look into is Callanetics Legs. This used to be my go-to for inner thighs in general, and it really does get that knee-pudge area.

To both of you, I want to also add that I am overweight (and was when I had that result) but the little routine I posted above did not result in a change in the scale or measuring tape (maybe 1/4" around, but that kind of difference can come from user-error.) I guess it changed the shape of my legs, from its original "thick and flabby" to "smokin' hot".
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-16, 02:32 PM  
puja

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
Let us know how it goes. I'm curious about this workout too, so would love to see a review. PM me if you don't want to post it on the GD.

To both of you, I want to also add that I am overweight (and was when I had that result) but the little routine I posted above did not result in a change in the scale or measuring tape (maybe 1/4" around, but that kind of difference can come from user-error.) I guess it changed the shape of my legs, from its original "thick and flabby" to "smokin' hot".
I can't really review it yet as I haven't done it, I watched it while at work and she didn't seem to do much with her legs at all. Is there a review for More Chair somewhere? What kind of moves do you think helped your legs?
As someone who has extra flab on their lower body that's incredibly tough to get rid of, making my legs look better with that flab does sound appealing!
puja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-16, 07:53 PM  
primrosecat

beyond.omega~I will watch for a T-Tapp sale and I do have some of her other dvds. I also have Callanetics Legs!!! What a great reminder. And if you do see the T-Tapp More Chair on sale, will you let me know? TIA
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 02:59 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja View Post
I can't really review it yet as I haven't done it, I watched it while at work and she didn't seem to do much with her legs at all. Is there a review for More Chair somewhere? What kind of moves do you think helped your legs?
As someone who has extra flab on their lower body that's incredibly tough to get rid of, making my legs look better with that flab does sound appealing!
T-Tapp is very different than other workouts. Her claim is that by using isometric exercises in a certain sequence and with an emphasis on a certain alignment and form cues, she can get the results she promises. I think that More Chair gave me results that other workouts don't (even other T-Tapp workouts) because you can get your knees out further than is natural standing and doing it in a chair supports you, so you can work into the alignment in a way that the chair forgives errors.

If you are interested in getting more into T-Tapp, you might consider getting one of the T-Tapp starter workouts. The T-Tapp Store has this How to Get Started guide which I think is good to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrosecat View Post
beyond.omega~I will watch for a T-Tapp sale and I do have some of her other dvds. I also have Callanetics Legs!!! What a great reminder. And if you do see the T-Tapp More Chair on sale, will you let me know? TIA
Good luck. I try to post T-Tapp specials on the Bargain Watch section of VF, so keep your eyes peeled. (Incidentally, T's Birthday is August 26. She doesn't do a special every year, but when she does she is very generous.)
Old 07-30-16, 09:30 AM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Valentina View Post
https://smile.amazon.com/niceeshop-R...topus+massager

I don't know how to do that thing where people include a link (with the highlighted blue-type "here" or "this item")! (Maybe someone could tell me? Thanks in advance!) But if you go to Amazon and search for "octopus massager," several items come up, with varying prices.
I'll try to explain it. First you type the words you want people to click to go directly to the webpage.

See here for the massager. (and you want the word "here" to link)

Then you copy the link of the webpage, just like you did to post the full link in your original post.

Highlight the word, "here". Then go to the menu at the top and click the one that has the earth on it with a chainlink in front of it. Paste that link you grabbed and click OK.

See here for the massager.
Old 07-30-16, 10:41 AM  
TamiT

I just got the More level 3 Chair workout and it is GREAT! Hard to believe but it is challenging and aerobic. It is 18 minutes long and I like it better than the other Chair workouts.
TamiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 01:54 PM  
primrosecat

beyond.omega~Thanks for the help!!!!!
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 05:43 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiT View Post
I just got the More level 3 Chair workout and it is GREAT! Hard to believe but it is challenging and aerobic. It is 18 minutes long and I like it better than the other Chair workouts.
Hey Tami, that's great! Can you tell us more about this workout? How is it similar/different than the other Chair workouts? Or other T-Tapp?
Old 07-31-16, 09:53 PM  
TamiT

Well, it is much more current as far as how she cues. She has a group of people behind her and they are on the same stage background like the Healthy Hormone workout.

MUCH more challenging! Makes me sweat a LOT more than the other chair workouts.

She does more torso curls, arches and twists More leverage activation pushing into the floor as well as your body for greater isometrics.

Lots of activation within 18 minutes!
TamiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 10:56 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michefit View Post
Hi mizach - I have a Fascia Blaster AND pudgy knees - I just got my FB about a month ago... Can you tell me where exactly do you use it for your knees? I feels awkward to blast in this area.
Just wondering - I would love to fix this area!
Sorry I just read this thread again. I just blast on the fleshy areas that are bumpy.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fat, more chair, pudgy knees, teresa tapp