Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-13, 06:30 PM  
edensmom

I just did this today and it is not at all amatuerish. I actually broke a sweat. A little one, but still! I never sweat during pilates.

The upper body is worked pretty well, esp considering this is a pilates workout. Core definitely received the most attention. She includes some more advanced moves such as roll over and shoulder stand with leg drops, and cobra push ups. I felt worked and am planning to do it again in a few days. Which is saying a lot given the amount of choices I have.

Thumbs up from me.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 06:59 AM  
mchelle81

Ok so I had never heard of her read this thread and o wow she has so many videos on youtube they look all great I signed up to her blog as well I'm about to cave should I ?
Looking on Mary's site even with her ten percent discount with the postage increase its cheaper to buy it from the pop pilates site
Should I buy it or just stick to doing her you tube vids
mchelle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 04:19 PM  
MamaBecca

I've done her DVD a couple more times now and I really like it. But I'm doing more of her YouTube vids right now, because the DVD is a bit out of my reach. I struggle to get through an hour, so I'm using bits of the DVD and the YouTube vids to build up strength and endurance for the DVD. I think if you are pretty used to Pilates and you enjoy Cassey (she reminds me of one of my favorite cousins!), you would enjoy the DVD. If you are new to Pilates, you might want to spend some time with the YouTube vids first.

CLX, TF, Skogg, RKS grad
STS Grad 2012
Les Mills Pump Grad 2013
Les Mills Combat Grad 2013
BeSLAM Grad 2013
Current rotation: Molly Galbraith GGS, Walking
MamaBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 07:12 PM  
edensmom

Today my lats, triceps, and lower abs are sore along with shoulders so upper body is definitelty worked. I would have liked more for the thighs but I suppose there is youtube for that. I agree that youtube is a great place to start with Cassey vs. the dvd, since she says it is an int/advanced workout. I was able to do everything but I have been using her workouts for a couple years now and am very familiar with her moves.
Old 03-10-13, 06:57 AM  
mchelle81

I did three of her youtube vids this morning really enjoyed them but they are easy aren't they ? I did two hiit ones and a arm one my arms are nicely worked but didn't really break a sweat doing the hiit ones, but I am still going to do her workouts like the idea of doing youtube workouts though
Old 03-10-13, 12:03 PM  
MamaBecca

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchelle81 View Post
I did three of her youtube vids this morning really enjoyed them but they are easy aren't they ? I did two hiit ones and a arm one my arms are nicely worked but didn't really break a sweat doing the hiit ones, but I am still going to do her workouts like the idea of doing youtube workouts though
LOL, I don't think they are easy! I did her Valentines Day Love handle one (with her sister (?) and I thought it was tough. And her Uh Oh Obliques left me sore. I haven't tried any of her cardio ones though -- I focus on the core and inner thigh YouTubes.

CLX, TF, Skogg, RKS grad
STS Grad 2012
Les Mills Pump Grad 2013
Les Mills Combat Grad 2013
BeSLAM Grad 2013
Current rotation: Molly Galbraith GGS, Walking
MamaBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 12:35 PM  
mchelle81

Yeah I might just stick to those type of ones instead and just do cardio ones as a add on or something
Old 03-10-13, 02:06 PM  
Irisg1

Like Becca, I mainly do her Pilates type workouts. Not her cardio. I get a great workout from her core, legs, thighs and butt workouts. I have not tried any of her cardio workouts, but I would probably find them easy as well, compared to other workouts I do.
Old 03-10-13, 02:17 PM  
edensmom

Yeah I don't find them easy either. I've done a few that were easier ( Trafalgar Trimdown comes to mind) but the core and legs pilates type are challenging. Try stringing together several core segments, tough for sure.
Old 03-26-13, 11:38 AM  
Tish

I just got this dvd and tried it today. Here are some thoughts I posted in my check-in for anyone who might be on the fence:

Quote:
Today I did Cassey Ho's Pop Pilates. I generally like pilates as long as it's
not too hard because if I'm holding my neck up too long and it gets into my jaw
I get headaches - I'm guessing this happens to many people since I hear a lot
about the neck with pilates. Anyway, this was one of the hardest pilates
workouts I've ever done. I couldn't do all her reps of anything. Thankfully most
of the moves were non-traditional. She seems to be about the age of my kids and
she chatters the entire time, "like OMG!" I was afraid she would be annoying but
she's bubbly and endearing and she talked me through what could have been a
miserable hour because it was so hard - and she even made it fun! So this is a
keeper. I'm thinking I'll break it into parts in the future. Maybe that will
help me feel like less of an elephant doing these moves!