Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-13, 02:55 PM  
mle777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish View Post
I love her Total Body workout! I'm glad she broke it into 4 different segments that can stand alone. Some of the moves in the core section were really tough! But it has such a smooth, easy vibe that I was working hard and didn't mind a bit. I also noticed she focuses on strengthening the back a lot in these segments - which I appreciate. I can't put my finger on it, but this workout has a bit of an Ellen feel, a Classical Stretch feel, and the part with the chair reminded me a little of Xtend Barre (a very small dose of it). All in all, I think this is my favorite workout purchase this year.
I agree with all of this

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 03:05 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
I agree with all of this
Me three!
Old 03-07-13, 08:39 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM-Om View Post
I did both the walking workouts and was surprised to see my heart rate lower than with Leslie's workouts, even doing higher impact version in the second workout. I guess I was expecting to burn more calories. I also felt there was too much repetition. I will keep the DVD for easier days. Maybe it will grow on me with time, I don't know. It is definitely a nice change from Leslie.
Different Strokes for Different Folks.

Implying Jessica is more repetitious than Leslie is just totally inconceivable to me LOL

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 12:23 PM  
MM-Om

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
Different Strokes for Different Folks.

Implying Jessica is more repetitious than Leslie is just totally inconceivable to me LOL

Barb S
Yes, Leslie is repetitious, but it does not bothers me. With Jessica, I was just watching the clock
Old 03-07-13, 12:51 PM  
Tish

Quote:
Yes, Leslie is repetitious, but it does not bothers me. With Jessica, I was just watching the clock
Clock watching is a deal breaker for me too. That's why Ellen and I had to part ways. I considered getting Jessica's walking one but for some reason I never click with walking workouts. But I love, love, love her Total Body. No clock watching for me there.
Old 03-07-13, 01:02 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
100% opposite for me. Thank goodness for different instructors!
Old 03-07-13, 01:05 PM  
CharM

Quote:
I've done both walking workouts this week, and I agree that the moves are repetitive, but more so in workout 1. I did it in hopes that it would "pick me up" but I nearly fell asleep. I think I got used to the variety offered in her YT walks. I even followed Asha (sp?) and did not get my heart rate up. But I really liked walk 2. I'm not sure if there were more moves than in the first, but it felt varied enough, my heart rate was up, and I felt energized during and after.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 01:12 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish View Post
Clock watching is a deal breaker for me too. That's why Ellen and I had to part ways. I considered getting Jessica's walking one but for some reason I never click with walking workouts. But I love, love, love her Total Body. No clock watching for me there.
Yay! I love her YouTube versions of these workouts, and I am SO EXCITED to try out Total Body Balance. It's been calling my name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
100% opposite for me. Thank goodness for different instructors!
No kidding! I'm one of those who really likes Leslie in theory, but not really in practice. And if Jessica's walking dvd doesn't click with me for some reason, I can trade it, right? I always have her YouTube walks to fall back to! I have a feeling I'll like it fine, though.

I ordered both from Jessica via Amazon on Monday night, it had already shipped when I checked the next morning (to be fair she's three hours ahead), and today it's already made it to Federal Way! Which means I'll probably get it tomorrow! Not bad, for traveling from Florida --> Washington!

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 01:29 PM  
MM-Om

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
I've done both walking workouts this week, and I agree that the moves are repetitive, but more so in workout 1. I did it in hopes that it would "pick me up" but I nearly fell asleep. I think I got used to the variety offered in her YT walks. I even followed Asha (sp?) and did not get my heart rate up. But I really liked walk 2. I'm not sure if there were more moves than in the first, but it felt varied enough, my heart rate was up, and I felt energized during and after.
ITA, the second workout was more interesting.
Old 03-07-13, 01:33 PM  
Gams

Lorelai,

I ordered something from Amazon and was impressed when it shipped so quickly and then a couple days later it said the item was "out for delivery", so that made me happy until I saw the town it was in was 200 miles from me. Today I checked again and once again it says "out for delivery", but now it's in a town 100 miles from me. At least it's inching its way closer, but it doesn't looke like it's going to end up being a quick delivery.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote