Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-13, 11:13 PM  
Orlita

I really like her and the exercises and the airy location, but the excessive panning back and forth for no reason makes it look like it was filmed by a drunkard. It made me queasy to watch the preview. I'm sure I wouldn't notice it if I did the workout, because I wouldn't be staring at the screen. But it looks like she opted not to go pro when it came to the camera operator.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-13, 06:13 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

How is the upper body workout in the DVD? Did you feel it was enough?
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-13, 07:40 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonH View Post
How is the upper body workout in the DVD? Did you feel it was enough?
That is my question too. I need to feel like my upper body got a good enough workout for it to be worth my money.
Old 03-06-13, 06:32 PM  
Tish

I'd like to know about the upper body work too.
Old 03-06-13, 10:25 PM  
MamaBecca

Hi all,

Here are the target areas for the Pop Pilates DVDs:

Arms & Upper Body: chest press pulse, tricep scorpions, half cobra pushups, spiderman pushups

Core: roll down, eagle crunch, cheerleader L's, L crunch, roll over, earthquake, butt ups

Legs and Thighs: double leg circles, leg outs, mini leg circles, butterfly kickouts

Total body: shoulder stand, shoulder stand leg drops, earthquake, cobra stretch, butt ups, spidermans, spiderman pushups, singled legged spidermans

Lower abs: double leg circles, cheerleader L's, butterfly kickouts, L crunch

Obliques: oblique twists, candlestick dippers, hip twists

Butt: dancer's sweep, mini leg circles, spider mans, #4 glute stretch

I didn't use the parts menu when I did it -- it's kind of a pain because you have to keep going back to the menu and wait through the animation between each segment, so I don't know how long each body part is. But you can see how many segments are in each one, which will give you some idea.

I don't do a lot of Pilates, so I don't know how to rank this one -- I will say, I was sore in chest, triceps, obliques, lower abs, hamstrings and inner thighs the next day!

CLX, TF, Skogg, RKS grad
STS Grad 2012
Les Mills Pump Grad 2013
Les Mills Combat Grad 2013
BeSLAM Grad 2013
Current rotation: Molly Galbraith GGS, Walking
MamaBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 06:41 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBecca View Post
I don't do a lot of Pilates, so I don't know how to rank this one -- I will say, I was sore in chest, triceps, obliques, lower abs, hamstrings and inner thighs the next day!
Same here, but I do think it's probably more advanced than a lot of DVDs I've tried in the past. And I was really surprised how sore I was after this workout - especially in the core and upper body.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 10:23 AM  
Honeydew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlita View Post
I really like her and the exercises and the airy location, but the excessive panning back and forth for no reason makes it look like it was filmed by a drunkard. It made me queasy to watch the preview. I'm sure I wouldn't notice it if I did the workout, because I wouldn't be staring at the screen. But it looks like she opted not to go pro when it came to the camera operator.
yes! I noticed that too! Made me a bit dizzy just watching! I think it was her parents that did the filming.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 10:26 AM  
Irisg1

I think I will get this eventually. I do think Cassey should have priced this better, especially since it doesn't sound like it was professionally filmed.
Old 03-07-13, 11:19 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisg1 View Post
I think I will get this eventually. I do think Cassey should have priced this better, especially since it doesn't sound like it was professionally filmed.
I've done this a handful of times and I think the finished product is about as polished and professionally done as any other high dollar production (especially for her first DVD). I hadn't even noticed the camera work until I read about people commenting on it here just based on viewing the clips. Doesn't bother me one bit through the workout.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 11:22 AM  
Irisg1

Thanks for sharing your thoughts . That makes me fee better about the cost then. I really do want to support Cassey, becaus eI really appreciate all the time she invests in putting out free videos on Youtube .

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
I've done this a handful of times and I think the finished product is about as polished and professionally done as any other high dollar production (especially for her first DVD). I hadn't even noticed the camera work until I read about people commenting on it here just based on viewing the clips. Doesn't bother me one bit through the workout.