Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-13, 10:52 AM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
I've tried two sections from Total Body Balance and the first walk from the Walking workout and enjoyed both of them. I can't express how much I enjoy Jessica and her positive, upbeat attitude. I do Ellen and Leslie workouts occasionally, but don't seem to get the same joy from them that other people do, there's just always something missing for me. These are everything that I've always wanted from Ellen and Leslie workouts. Jessica workouts leave me happy

I also liked the outdoor settings, that Jessica has a backgrounder that takes it up a notch, and that the music is decent. I'm happy that I purchased them and look forward to trying the rest of both workouts.
Jessica's workouts leave me happiest lately too.

Although, I have to say that Ellen's Grace and Gusto has been great for my lower back lately - I think it's all that side stretching. It really loosens things up and leaves me with that joyful feeling too.

I'm so anxious to try Jessica's dvds! I have an Amazon gift card coming to me hopefully tomorrow, and I know where it's going!

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 11:11 AM  
dnna

I have also done both Jessica Smith workouts and love them. I feel when I walk with Leslie, I am plodding along, march march march in that dreadful indoor setting ( some worse than others) and that dreadful music ( I mute the workouts and play my own music)
It just is a lighter happier vibe being outside in front of a pool or veranda-the steps also are more varied, and having background exercisers who modify are wonderful.
I love Leslie, don't flame me. I have a stack of Leslie walking workouts. I just love the energy. lightness , variety and modifications that Jessica provides. I also appreciate not have to play my own music, just put the dvd in and go. the workouts seem fresh and happy.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 11:53 AM  
Diana2468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai View Post
I don't think all of the workouts she posts for this schedule will be new, necessarily, but I do think she intends to put up a new one or two per week, which has been her pattern lately.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about Total Body Balance as well as Walking for Weightloss! I was thinking last night how much fun it would be if Jessica made a series of "Dance Walks" with fun music, like her dance parties. Retro Walk (insert '80s and '90s music), Hip Hop Walk, Ballet Walk, Latin Walk... all walking workouts with a bit of a different spin on them. So, not intimidating to the non-dancer such as myself. How fun and uplifting those would be!

This is a great idea! You should get in touch with Jessica via her website or youtube and suggest it. You never know, it could happen.
Diana2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 12:15 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana2468 View Post
This is a great idea! You should get in touch with Jessica via her website or youtube and suggest it. You never know, it could happen.
I went ahead and left a comment on her YouTube channel. I feel like I always have suggestions, lol. So I try to spread them out a little at least.

Old 03-01-13, 05:46 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I did High Energy Walk yesterday and Cardio Flow today and loved them both

I do have a question though. Neither of these workouts filled up my whole screen. There was blank, black space at the top at bottom. I did TA Mat today and it was the same way. I've never had that happen before. I put in a Leslie and it was fine. My TV has normal, wide and panoramic views and none of them make JS and TA fill the screen. The JS picture isn't crisp and clear like it should be. Anyone know why this would be.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13, 07:59 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana2468 View Post
She replied! Check it out:

Thanks Laura - I do love this idea and have added to the workout list! This is great since we'll be walking every Monday, we'll have plenty of different kinds of walks to do together! Thanks for your awesome suggestion! My only challenge will be finding the perfect playlists - suggestions welcome! ;-)

I'll be ordering her new dvds with my gift card this weekend, whoo-hoo!

Old 03-03-13, 10:27 AM  
MM-Om

I did both the walking workouts and was surprised to see my heart rate lower than with Leslie's workouts, even doing higher impact version in the second workout. I guess I was expecting to burn more calories. I also felt there was too much repetition. I will keep the DVD for easier days. Maybe it will grow on me with time, I don't know. It is definitely a nice change from Leslie.
Old 03-03-13, 11:11 AM  
bubbles76

I hope everyone will put their wonderful comments in the reviews section!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 02:35 PM  
Tish

I love her Total Body workout! I'm glad she broke it into 4 different segments that can stand alone. Some of the moves in the core section were really tough! But it has such a smooth, easy vibe that I was working hard and didn't mind a bit. I also noticed she focuses on strengthening the back a lot in these segments - which I appreciate. I can't put my finger on it, but this workout has a bit of an Ellen feel, a Classical Stretch feel, and the part with the chair reminded me a little of Xtend Barre (a very small dose of it). All in all, I think this is my favorite workout purchase this year.
Old 03-06-13, 02:40 PM  
Gams

I may have to order this one after all...
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote