Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-27-12, 01:03 PM  
sherry7899

I never think of alcohol since I don't drink, but Trader Joe's has a lot of inexpensive wine.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 01:41 PM  
Gams

Some games are pretty inexpensive. I really want to buy Bananagrams for someone who will let me play with them. It looks like fun.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 01:56 PM  
sherry7899

Games are a great idea! I would never have thought of that!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 02:22 PM  
Gams

Or crossword/sudoku books?
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 02:44 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunatural View Post
Assuming your Secret Santa is female...
and if your SS is of the other persuasion, may i suggest Home Depot? they have a bunch of bins set up at this time of year with little tools and gadgets.

i love Home Depot! you can buy $5 gift cards from them too.

not in the $5 category, but Ace Hardware had a Dremmel accessory kit for doing manicures!

another idea is you can put together a dry mix for a batch of cookies, add the recipe, and all they add is the eggs, butter, etc.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 06:10 PM  
CatInTheHat

Is a $5 gift card to Starbucks too tacky? That popped into my head earlier today.
CatInTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 06:38 PM  
KathAL79

Along the same lines, any good ideas for a white elephant / yankee swap? My one workplace is going to do this, with a $10 limit. I don't normally do these sorts of things because I don't like yet another tacky item taking up space (can you tell I moved in the not so distant past?) and because often it seems like people just bring alcohol (which I don't drink), so I'm curious if anyone can recommend a fun gift for this more light-hearted approach that someone's actually going to want to take home. (A little more info: I have both male and female coworkers ranging in age from 20s to 40s, I'm a relatively new and a part-time employee at this place, and the boss, who may or may not be present at the actual party, is a religious man, so I'd prefer to go somewhat tasteful.) I may just steal one of these Secret Santa ideas, though!

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 06:52 PM  
CatInTheHat

I say $10 Itunes card.
CatInTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 07:04 PM  
Alan

Trying to think outside the box here. Seeds+flower pot, magazine subscription, restaurant.com gift card, lottery tickets.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 08:36 PM  
atiman

Gas gift card.

Lunch GC to a local place near the office.

Wrap $10 around a candy bar ( like a million dollar bar) or fold the bill and place it in a clear Christmas ornament with Christmas glitter. Make sure the $10 part is visible and the bill is tied to a string.

One year I took $20 and framed it inside a picture frame. That gift was most wanted during the white elephant exchange. Get creative and fold it origami style.
BTW, the only reason I did this was that hated getting crap and I figured somebody would rather put $20 towards something they really wanted instead of crap.
atiman is offline   Reply With Quote